The Commonwealth Games Glasgow 2014

shull

I thought it was fine.

Started a bit worryingly, but picked up, and the ordinary punters who were singing and dancing were great. Colourful, fun, and didn't take itself too seriously. That'll do in my book!

I enjoyed it I think. It wasn't anywhere near the London ceremony but it did a job. It might have been better had Barrowman fallen from the top of the model crane but it was alright

Haaa, I thought that too. Especially with his record of falling off horses, or his sidekicks in panto The Krankies falling off of beanstalks.

That would actually have been a good idea for the opening ceremony. Instead of blowing up the Red Road flats, they could have thrown John Barrowman and The Krankies off the top of them.... On the big screen at the stadium, the cameras go to the flats, and Sheena Easton or someone is up there with a ten foot bargepole shoving them over the edge. A nervous double thumbs-up from wee Jimmy Krankie and a farewell cry of Fandabeedozyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy as they plummet to their deaths, while asylum seekers in the neighbouring block cheer like fcuk out the windows.

We missed a trick there.

Guest TPAFKATS

Ha, Mo Farah has shat it too. Crock of shite, the big names don't give a fcuk.

Get the Ryder Cup on now.

All these belly problems that mo has been having... it ain't the best advert for quorn is it?

Ha, Mo Farah has shat it too. Crock of shite, the big names don't give a fcuk.

Get the Ryder Cup on now.

This is the 4th biggest event in the calendar for these guys, behind the Olympics, Worlds and Europeans.

If they aren't 100% fit they aren't going to risk it.

Guest TPAFKATS

It's absolutely despicable how you have worded this post. It should have been Lizzie first.

Sorry, I wasn't sure if she had a mobile what with her allegedly not carrying money.

This is the 4th biggest event in the calendar for these guys, behind the Olympics, Worlds and Europeans.

If they aren't 100% fit they aren't going to risk it.

Aye, they're not quite 100% so aren't risking it. Fair enough. My apologies to Johan Blake for only running in the Diamond League event a fortnight befire the Commonwealth, Dwain Chambers for only running in the next event after the Commonwealth, Usain Bolt for ducking out of the world's most glamourous sprint event with no Yanks to even threaten him, or, or...

Let's be honest, this is a big deal for Glasgow and Scotland, and for many, many athletes, but a lot of the big guns are treating it like Wenger and Mourinho treat the English League Cup... It's an annoyance. Getting in the way of the Champions League and EPL.

200 metre breast stroke swimming final should be worth watching tonight.

3 Scots, 3 English, 1 Welsh and an Aussie all going for gold.

Edited by shull

200 metre breast stroke swimming final should be worth watching tonight.

3 Scots, 3 English, 1 Welsh and an Aussie all going for gold.

Well done Ross Murdoch who won the gold. clap.gif

And to Michael Jamieson who got the silver.thumbup2.gif

Jamieson was scunnered. Beaten fair and square though. Looking forward to seeing Murdoch and Jamieson finish 1-2 in Rio and win Olympic medals for the fledgling Team Scotland.

(Puts head below parapet again and lights blue touch paper from a distance...)