The Commonwealth Games Glasgow 2014

shull

Presently, Kirsty is in trouble in the Badminton finak.

She may have to settle for the silver medal which will be an outstanding achievement also.

There's a burd in the crowd squealing after every point.

f**king annoying me btw.

I would like to see David Millar wee daz (he's 6 feet 4 btw) wee milley (cooolllllll) win the road race today for scotland.

However, I don't purport to be a cool bikey lahndahn wankbag authority just because I SNLiffed a bike saddle once or twice.

pedantic spunk bubble required to check spelling of this post

Answer

A peloton is the "bunch", the "field" or the "pack" of cyclists that consists of the main group of cyclists in a race. The word peloton is drawn from French where it means "ball" or, more loosely, platoon. The "bunching up" of the riders to form the peloton is a tactic designed to save energy on a ride while remaining competitive. The riders at the front of the peloton "break the air" on the ride, and those following "draft" behind them saving as much as 40% of the "energy cost" through a given stretch of riding. Hope this helps

AnswerA peloton is the "bunch", the "field" or the "pack" of cyclists that consists of the main group of cyclists in a race. The word peloton is drawn from French where it means "ball" or, more loosely, platoon. The "bunching up" of the riders to form the peloton is a tactic designed to save energy on a ride while remaining competitive. The riders at the front of the peloton "break the air" on the ride, and those following "draft" behind them saving as much as 40% of the "energy cost" through a given stretch of riding. Hope this helps

This Isle of Man LCF at the front doesn't seem to believe in the Peloton. He bombed out on his own from the start. I like him - going for it on his own. Hope he can keep going.

FTPeloton?

anyone remember the chick murry line.

Journalist walking along commonwealth village see's a man walking with sleeveless tea shirt with No39 carrying a big stick.

Journalist say's ... Are you a Pole-vaulter.

Athlete say's no I'm from Germany and how do you know my name is vaulter.

Sorry I will shut the door on the way out.

Don't know about anyone else's experiences, but I've had a great time with all of the Commonwealth stuff the past week - Monday went up to Glasgow Green in the sun, Wednesday went to the Gymnastics at the Hydro, Friday went to the Athletics at Hampden (once again really lucky with the sunshine), then last night at the boxing finals at the Hydro. All of it excellent, and great atmosphere throughout the events. Glasgow had done the games proud. :)

Don't know about anyone else's experiences, but I've had a great time with all of the Commonwealth stuff the past week - Monday went up to Glasgow Green in the sun, Wednesday went to the Gymnastics at the Hydro, Friday went to the Athletics at Hampden (once again really lucky with the sunshine), then last night at the boxing finals at the Hydro. All of it excellent, and great atmosphere throughout the events. Glasgow had done the games proud. :)

Went into Glasgow on Tuesday and wandered from George Sq to the Merchant City and from the Clutha Bar along the Broomielaw to Jamaica St. Went back in on Friday and walked around all day. Grorge Sq to Glasgow Green 'fan zone', right along the Broomielaw to the SECC 'precinct', over Squinty Bridge to the BBC Pacific Quay 'fan zone' and back into the city centre again.

I never went to any events, but absolutely loved my trips into town. Only complaints were how easy it would have been for two city council employees armed with a power wash to remove graffitti and wash the smell of pish away from the Clyde walkway areas, and the merchandise was a bit of a hit and miss arrangement. Lots of stuff out of stock when the games were in full flow.

Mrs Poz was at Hampden last night having got a friend's ticket who couldn't go. She managed to get a 'Team Scotland' XL shirt for me, exchanging the 'small' size in an XL marked bag that I previously had been handed by a daftie 'Clydesider' at a Glasgow Green merchandise van. Hardly their fault though if the wrong sized shirts are put in the XL bags. She said Hampden was fantastic. Great atmosphere and well organised security. A bit of a bottleneck to reach security, but once through the bottleneck it was plain sailing.

Glasgow seems to be well placed to attract tourists back to the city and attract first time visitors. A job very well done. Referencing back though to an earlier comment. The walkway along the Clyde was buzzing during the games, linking as it did the big fan area at Glasgow Green with the big venues at the SECC zone. As I said, we walked the entire length. Renfrew Ferry aside, there's zero there to attract people down to the Clydeside under non-Games conditions. Sure, it's been landscaped in part, but there's fcuk-all there. Contrast that with the re-development of the Tyne in Newcastle for example. With many hotels, bars and restaurants right on the river, it became an area for folk to spend time in. The Clyde will revert to a completely graffitti strewn stinking waste of space, frequented only by jakies and junkies - once the games are gone.

Unless the city fathers also realise this and make plans for it. The time will never be better to set such plans up, with the economy on an upturn and the Games factor.

Time will tell. It's OK building all these new venues and tarting up existing ones, but the city needs to keep them clean and attractive. It's something the cores of major North American cities do so well. Most of the ones I've visited are very safe and clean - because they make an effort to keep them that way.