The Commonwealth Games Glasgow 2014

shull

Good closing show but like most I think it might have been better. Lulu was good and I thought Deacon Blue were too. Understandable that a bit about Australia was included and they did it spectacularly well but it was too much. Kylie is a great performer but really I thought she was kind of average last night and again went on too long. My wife and I kept thinking The Proclaimers were bound to turn up so that was a disappointment. I suppose we're all too fussy nowadays. That wee Malasian Prince guy seems a nice wee guy. Pure dead brilliant was brilliant.

Loved it, Lulu is from Glasgow the Proclaimers are from Edinburgh. Loved it great show made me proud and happy. The lone piper stole the show.

The Proclaimers are from Auchtermuchty in Fife actually.

Next year tourism will increase as a result of the games.

:( I hope not....

That final evening...

Did no one else cringe as the greasy guy wandered among the people on the pitch and forced them to tell us just how perfect the Games were and just how fabulous Glasgow is and just how happy and fortunate they had been to stay in Scotland even for just a wee while.

What a massive inferiority complex it requires to be so needy, needing such reassurance from complete strangers. I cringed after his first effort, but he went on and on...

A bit like Kylie... :whistle:

sad.png I hope not....

That final evening...

Did no one else cringe as the greasy guy wandered among the people on the pitch and forced them to tell us just how perfect the Games were and just how fabulous Glasgow is and just how happy and fortunate they had been to stay in Scotland even for just a wee while.

What a massive inferiority complex it requires to be so needy, needing such reassurance from complete strangers. I cringed after his first effort, but he went on and on...

A bit like Kylie... whistling.gif:

Wasn't there an increase in tourism following year after the Olympics?

Also, and I know you'll be good at this, what were the ticket sales like for the Olympics?

A for Kylie, I'm not surprised you didn't appreciate her, she's still alive, unlike most of your musical heroes. whistling.gif

Wasn't there an increase in tourism following year after the Olympics?

Aye, a huge bounce. Numbers were down in Olympics year, as also happened for Aussie Olympics.

Also, and I know you'll be good at this, what were the ticket sales like for the Olympics?

I have no idea. I applied but didnae get any.

As a local resident, I hoped I might get to join the party... It's a bit like not being Scots-enough to vote NAW.

A for Kylie, I'm not surprised you didn't appreciate her, she's still alive, unlike most of your musical heroes. :whistle

Lulu was there... :P

And better, always.

Edited by bluto