Ross Caldwell Signs

Wow, never seen that coming Troll. bye1.gif

PS Hilarious I upset you so much without even trying. lol.gif

PPS Welcome Ross, ignore the minority ,the majority will give you a chance.

It took the last line of your sixth post and a post from me before you even mention the subject matter of the thread...

and even then its a PPS

No opinions, no facts, just abuse.

Elvis, Saints0, Stevie88 and BillyMehmet1 all have a very similar posting style and loose grasp of punctuation. None has a profile pic.

I'm calling it now: one troll, four accounts. Like two girls, one cup, but with far more slavvering of shite involved.

Please explain yourself?

Is it because I agree with someone that you don't? It's all about opinions!!

Seriously can't believe this is how we 'welcome' players to our club. Its no wonder nobody wants to sign for us!!! The boys not even kicked a ball yet and he's being vilified. Who knows how he'll do for us but when he pulls on the saints jersey he'll get my full backing as will the rest of the team. And as for him being a ned etc - we've had a good few of them pull on the stripes already. Let's get behind the team.

This is nothing.

Wait and see the " cheerio " he gets if he disnae score a hat trick in his first game. bye1.gif

Someone was having a go at the young lad yesterday for being a 'wee ned'. I wonder if he can remember a famous 'wee ned' that won us the cup in 1987 and then only last year a similar individual of questionable character got man of the match in our infamous league cup victory. If only everybody could be as nice and Christian like as the original poster was.

Someone was having a go at the young lad yesterday for being a 'wee ned'. I wonder if he can remember a famous 'wee ned' that won us the cup in 1987 and then only last year a similar individual of questionable character got man of the match in our infamous league cup victory. If only everybody could be as nice and Christian like as the original poster was.

I hate to say it but Tommy Bryceland was a wee ned in his day but what a player. I'll never forget his header in the 59 final. I'm also glad to say that I got acquainted with him in later life and he is a lovely guy now.

ned (nɛd) n slang , derogatory ( Scot ) a young working-class male who dresses in casual sports clothes

Now, let's be accurate about this, if you want to call him a 'Ned' be sure that the word fits, as the description above tends to suggest that there is nothing really intrinsically wrong with a 'ned' as such. His choice to wear "casual sports clothes".

However as several contributors have pointed out Saints have over the years had a questionable number of players donning the jersey who may not have had the benefit of a good education, a good up-bringing, or occasionally tangled with the boys in blue. That hasn't stopped them going on to have good football brains and abilities that allow them to make a decent living out of kicking a ball about a grass park.

Not every player who wears black and white has 5 advanced highers at 'A' grade and can put sentences together either on line or over the media, but I'll tell you what, I'll sing his praises from the rooftop if he tries hard, contributes to the team and also scores the odd goal here and there.

Welcome to the Saints, Ross and ignore the timewasters and do your talking on the park.

ned (nɛd) n slang , derogatory ( Scot ) a young working-class male who dresses in casual sports clothes

Now, let's be accurate about this, if you want to call him a 'Ned' be sure that the word fits, as the description above tends to suggest that there is nothing really intrinsically wrong with a 'ned' as such. His choice to wear "casual sports clothes".

However as several contributors have pointed out Saints have over the years had a questionable number of players donning the jersey who may not have had the benefit of a good education, a good up-bringing, or occasionally tangled with the boys in blue. That hasn't stopped them going on to have good football brains and abilities that allow them to make a decent living out of kicking a ball about a grass park.

Not every player who wears black and white has 5 advanced highers at 'A' grade and can put sentences together either on line or over the media, but I'll tell you what, I'll sing his praises from the rooftop if he tries hard, contributes to the team and also scores the odd goal here and there.

Welcome to the Saints, Ross and ignore the timewasters and do your talking on the park.

I agree with the points made in this post, but have to point out that the definition given for the term 'Ned' seems to be from a fairly flimsy source. There are loads of other definitions available, most of which would suggest a hooligan or petty criminal.

Either way, I hope he gives us the goals we are going to need to avoid a repeat of last season's relegation worries.

ned (nɛd) — n slang , derogatory ( Scot ) a young working-class male who dresses in casual sports clothes

I welcome Ross too and really hope he blossoms into a good player for St.Mirren, both because we need one and secondly to stuff it right up the morons who have written him off already and seem to be willing him to fail.

Going back to the ned thing, Tommy Bryceland certainly wore teddy boy type clothes and had a kind of Tony Curtis hair style with a duck's arse. One year he was allowed to go on a tour to America with Kilmarnock. Can't remember why he was invited. In those days most clubs had very small pools and I think Killie had injury problems. The Deedle was Killie's manager at the time and you know what he was like. Short back and sides and smart suits. He ran football clubs like he was a bloody Sergeant Major, a trait he passed on later to Jock Wallace. We all wondered what TB would do but he bit the bullet, got his hair cut and wore a suit. He looked quite funny.

As for the derogatory meaning of 'ned', I can vouch from personal experience that Tommy was not a particularly nice guy when he was at his best with us. But i won't go into that. He became a real nice guy and if we had a couple like him playing for us now we'd be heading for Europe. Maybe even the Champions League.

On paper it looks quite a dull and uninspiring transfer - ive got the utmost faith that the management team can spot a player as has been said before.

We have to trust the guys in charge, we did learn that Danny would sign guys without seeing them or without having them scouted properly, everything you know about Jim Goodwin and Gary Teale tells you these guys are the utmost of professionals, these guys want winners on their team that they will play with week in week out.

I have to say that, from the videos, Caldwell just seems to stand around in the box and score goals. :(

Would TC not be better advised to broaden his scouting tactics in order to find a St Mirren player of the type that Buddie fans might love, you know..

...a wee trip to Nandos or KFC in search of someone who runs round like a headless chicken? :)

I have to say that, from the videos, Caldwell just seems to stand around in the box and score goals. sad.png

Would TC not be better advised to broaden his scouting tactics in order to find a St Mirren player of the type that Buddie fans might love, you know..

...a wee trip to Nandos or KFC in search of someone who runs round like a headless chicken? smile.png

Feckin lazy basturt!

Take a look at his 2 SPL goals on youtube then. They are quality.

His showing at Alloa last season is also a positive. Most teams play with 1 up front and Alloa's main striker was the experienced Andy Kirk. They are a Championship club and were struggling at the wrong end of the table and struggling to score goals. His goals came away to Queen of the South & Hamilton, not easy places to get goals.

This signing has potential.

Can't you tell all this to Saints,oo ..?

Given how close you are

its good to know that unlike his predecessor, Tommy has given this guy a good trial to see that he is worth a deal and considering the interview,it seems he has already fit in with the set up, the management seem to think he can play the way they want him to.

despite the "dull" nature of this transfer, i still prefer it to some of Dannys, where players considered good quality and experienced with the likes of Harkins and Grainger coming in without the lengthy trial period and due consideration only to find they cant fit with our style of play or are simly pure pish.

If caldwell turns out to be useless,so what? Id take a young (cheap) striker with decent potential, chipping in with a few goals a season anyday, especially over the more experienced ones we could afford that some on here are calling for, we might as well resign Lewis Guy.