Thomas Reilly

Marwood and Caldwell both looked good yesterday. Add in Tommo and there's not going to be much game time for Thomas. He could play wide right but there we have Teale, (who was not great yesterday) and Marwood (Who I think would be wasted out there). So he's dropped down in the pecking order.

If he wants games he needs to go on loan.

You really have a down on Thomas don't you. Just for the record which Premier team have you managed ?

I note you haven't mentioned which team you've managed.

You clearly can't be objective about Reilly. Dunno why.

The guy needs to go on loan and show what he can do. He won't get that opportunity with us due to Thompson, and the fact we play 1 up front.

However he seems to be quite comfortable in his situation, as it is. Which is disappointing.

The guy needs to go on loan and show what he can do. He won't get that opportunity with us due to Thompson, and the fact we play 1 up front.

However he seems to be quite comfortable in his situation, as it is. Which is disappointing.

I haven't managed a premier team.

From the two friendlies I've seen, it would appear that we may be going with two up front.

that may be because of the players currently available rather than a desired tactic

i hope it is the desired tactic however

Might be, but from what I've seen of Marwood , who has been pretty decent, his ideal position is up front playing off another striker.

I haven't seen enough of Reilly in the first team to make any sort of damning verdict on him. He might not be good enough, but I can't say for sure because he's never been given much of a chance. That may be down to him not deserving a chance based on his showing in training.

I'm not about to use the number of goals he scored in an 11 goal rout as a reason he's not good enough. I hope to see more of him this season. Seemed a bit lightweight from what little I have seen of him, but as I've said - haven't seen enough of the boy.

He needs game time, but unless we bring in another striker before the window shuts, I think he should stay and fight for his place. He's had a disrupted last two season tbh with injury, but he looked a very bright prospect before that. It took a while for McLean to cement himself into the team, as well as McAusland. He just needs time - he's only 19 ffs.

He needs game time, but unless we bring in another striker before the window shuts, I think he should stay and fight for his place. He's had a disrupted last two season tbh with injury, but he looked a very bright prospect before that. It took a while for McLean to cement himself into the team, as well as McAusland. He just needs time - he's only 19 ffs.

I don't disagree with any of that, but I think he also needs to demonstrate a bit more desire if he wants the support onside. He seems a bit half-arsed at times, which isn't good to see in a young lad.

Now is his time to shine, if he has it in him. Personally, I think he has a bit to go and might struggle to make a sustained impact based on what I've seen of him (albeit limited, to be fair), but I hope he proves me wrong

Fact is Reilly hasn't got it, never had it and will never have it to play professional football .i doubt he would even get a game in Scotland's bottom league..hes a skinny wee lad who likes to mess about more in warm ups than try hard..he will never ever make it at Saints and would be better leaving making a career for himself outside football...

Fact is Reilly hasn't got it, never had it and will never have it to play professional football .i doubt he would even get a game in Scotland's bottom league..hes a skinny wee lad who likes to mess about more in warm ups than try hard..he will never ever make it at Saints and would be better leaving making a career for himself outside football...

You should get yourself down to St Mirren Park as it seems you know more than the coaching staff and the management team. Zzzzz !

Why so angry?

stupid thing to say about a young lad trying to make his way in the game.

bet your workmates say that you are useless at your job.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it would be unfair in the extreme to write a young lad off, without giving him a run of games while out on loan or with the first team at St Mirren.

Thomas might or might not make the grade at this level, but to write him off before he's even made half a dozen starts is just wrong. Give the boy a fair chance to prove himself before making rash judgments.