Thomas Reilly

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it would be unfair in the extreme to write a young lad off, without giving him a run of games while out on loan or with the first team at St Mirren.

Thomas might or might not make the grade at this level, but to write him off before he's even made half a dozen starts is just wrong. Give the boy a fair chance to prove himself before making rash judgments.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fact is Reilly hasn't got it, never had it and will never have it to play professional football he will never ever make it at Saints

Said as much on more than one occasion to my bruv last season. I'm surprised he's still with us tbh !

no offence to reilly but having seen him in the reserves a fair bit last year he still wasn't even the best striker there! both smith and scullion were a lot better than him.

He's simply not good enough and stunned he's even still at the club, I don't think he will be for much longer though.

He's simply not good enough and stunned he's even still at the club, I don't think he will be for much longer though.

Aye id be surprised if he gets much game time with the strikers we have, even less if we sign ball. get him out on loan and see how he gets on

no offence to reilly but having seen him in the reserves a fair bit last year he still wasn't even the best striker there! both smith and scullion were a lot better than him.

Smith been gone for a year, Scullion out injured most of the year, S

Rated scullion.

I note you haven't mentioned which team you've managed.

You clearly can't be objective about Reilly. Dunno why.

The guy needs to go on loan and show what he can do. He won't get that opportunity with us due to Thompson, and the fact we play 1 up front.

However he seems to be quite comfortable in his situation, as it is. Which is disappointing.

Just for the record Eddie has co-managed teams which produced Marc McAusland,Paul Cairney and David McKenna.All of whom came through the youth system at St Mirren and are playing professional football for St Mirren,Kilmarnock and East Stirling.Pleased to have been of assistance in your question regarding his credentials.

Just for the record Eddie has co-managed teams which produced Marc McAusland,Paul Cairney and David McKenna.All of whom came through the youth system at St Mirren and are playing professional football for St Mirren,Kilmarnock and East Stirling.Pleased to have been of assistance in your question regarding his credentials.

In that he barely has any? Thanks for the confirmation.

Edited by NeilPar72

Smith been gone for a year, Scullion out injured most of the year, S

Rated scullion.

I thought it was January he left, none the less I thought him and scullion better players. Smith was also at Morton tail end of last season but released according to wiki

You asked who he managed and I told you. I,m saddened that you have dissed the fact that Eddie has helped lads become professional footballers and plenty more who have turned into fine young men in the community.

You asked who he managed and I told you. I,m saddened that you have dissed the fact that Eddie has helped lads become professional footballers and plenty more who have turned into fine young men in the community.

You should not waste your time some fans just can't work out the hard work and time that goes into trying to develop young players which sometimes work out for the club if not as you pointed out these young guy's were given a chance to better themselves and as such are at other clubs. Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint