Fan Council Golf Day At Paisley Gc

pozbaird

Anyone else from the forum playing this year? I'll be there with big Ian and his pal Scott trying to defend our title. thumbup2.gif

Harkins was a three handicap player, he's gone. Danny, Cornell and Newton played last time and they're gone too. Anyone know if Marwood, Plummer, Caldwell or the goalies have any form?

What's the latest odds from bet365 and big Ray? Looking forward to it..... bring it on. boxing.gif

Edited by pozbaird

Anyone else from the forum playing this year? I'll be there with big Ian and his pal Scott trying to defend our title. thumbup2.gif

Harkins was a three handicap player, he's gone. Danny, Cornell and Newton played last time and they're gone too. Anyone know if Marwood, Plummer, Caldwell or the goalies have any form?

What's the latest odds from bet365 and big Ray? Looking forward to it..... bring it on. boxing.gif

Was a great day last year, Hope its well supported this year again, Eric and Ian are giving up a lot of their valuable time organising this great event, Also a great chance to meet and get to know the new players, And Paisley Golf Club were great hosts last year, Im looking forward to it again, Think ill run you down in my golf buggy this year Paul, Get involved its a fantastic day.

Edited by santaponsasaint

Yeah, can play nearest drive to the burnt oot van in the 14th fairway, Or a prize for hitting the junkie neds hiding in the bushes,

never seen a burned out van or junkie neds anytime i've played there, mind you it's not a posh posing course but the grass gets cut the greens are good and there are no dress code rules,

See the usual "class war" is breaking out again.

Barshaw, as far as I'm aware, is a public course, totally unsuitable for this type of event.

A private club can cater for suitable tee off times, plenty of leeway for special holes/prizes, Barshaw just couldn't.

Also Paisley has the clubhouse to present prizes and allow a relaxed atmosphere for all to enjoy after they finish.

A "non argument" if anybody had any brains.

Also Paisley has the clubhouse to present prizes and allow a relaxed atmosphere for all to enjoy after they finish.

Barshaw has a clubhouse...........it's called Harvies.

Edited by HSS

What's wrong with Harvies?

Nothing, for a public bar.

You're seriously not trying to compare a public bar to a private clubhouse for the presentation of prizes, something to eat etc?

The clubhouse at Paisley will be set up and it's right there, take the golf shoes off and, bingo, you're there.

Hey, if you believe Barshaw/Harvies combo is a serious suggestion, good luck.

Nothing, for a public bar.

You're seriously not trying to compare a public bar to a private clubhouse for the presentation of prizes, something to eat etc?

The clubhouse at Paisley will be set up and it's right there, take the golf shoes off and, bingo, you're there.

Hey, if you believe Barshaw/Harvies combo is a serious suggestion, good luck.

Don't bring me into it.......it's that fandan Peter you're arguing with.

PS.It could be worse....it could be The Burgh.

barshaw obviously has capability for nominated prize holes and just as much if not more availability for players, they play tournaments there all the time, i've played in an outing their and it was fine, also you could use saints minibus to ferry players back to our own clubhouse at greenhill road, come off the course get in the bus get out go into the various changing rooms and get a shower then up to the lounge for a drink and food - all proceeds going to our club (apart from the rather modest course fees) and great for prizegiving. win win situation - if you have any brains that is.

Had a quick look at Barshaw green fees, the equivalent roll & coffee breakfast, fish & chips, sticky toffee pudding and coffee in a decent Paisley eatery, and if you added in a £20 contribution to youth development, it would be £20 cheaper than the fan council golf day.

However, you would need to factor in travel from your breakfast venue to Barshaw GC, and travel from Barshaw GC to the restaurant. With all due respect to Barshaw, would anyone disagree that Paisley GC is a superior course? In starting this thread I wasn't intending WWIII to break out, I just wanted to see who was going from the forum.

I understand that £75pp isn't peanuts, but when you add in the St Mirren players and staff playing with you, and the quality of the course, and how good the food was the last time, and how much it would cost to try and replicate it at Barshaw, it isn't a rip-off or anything.

Had a quick look at Barshaw green fees, the equivalent roll & coffee breakfast, fish & chips, sticky toffee pudding and coffee in a decent Paisley eatery, and if you added in a £20 contribution to youth development, it would be £20 cheaper than the fan council golf day.

However, you would need to factor in travel from your breakfast venue to Barshaw GC, and travel from Barshaw GC to the restaurant. With all due respect to Barshaw, would anyone disagree that Paisley GC is a superior course? In starting this thread I wasn't intending WWIII to break out, I just wanted to see who was going from the forum.

I understand that £75pp isn't peanuts, but when you add in the St Mirren players and staff playing with you, and the quality of the course, and how good the food was the last time, and how much it would cost to try and replicate it at Barshaw, it isn't a rip-off or anything.

is it not £75pp and the 3 punters pay an extra £25 each to pay for the guest from the club, no idea what it costs to play the bushes but it's a lot more than the £11.75 for barshaw and of course you need to get yourself to the bushes to get your breakfast, easier to get to GHR have brekky there then bus out to the course and back to ghr for food which could be just as good as the bushes, only difference being the club would make more money from catering and the donations which means the youth development would be better off,

As far as I know Peter it's £75,been no mention to me of any added costs.

If there is F**K EM !!!!! Copyright Shull 2014....

dont know if the £75 includes you paying for the staff member - still think it's a bit odd that the punters have to pay the staff members fee like they did last year, maybe they wouldn't all turn up if they had to pay their own way

Got pipped by 1 last year, playing with Gary Teale and two paisley lads. Hope to be back this year and go one better!

Aye, sorry about that! We drew big Cheesy from the hat to be our St Mirren team member.... 6 handicap and a member of Paisley GC. Smashing big lad too. Good company.

If we pull his name out of the hat again, I think questions will be asked in Parliament about sporting corruption. Still, as you said, we only won by one shot, and we played out of our skins. This season my handicap has went up to 13, not had a great time in medals this year so far.... An extra stroke though coming my way at Paisley! Every cloud...!