Irish Club In Europe

beyond our ken

Guest TPAFKATS

I thought they only sang 2 songs as well you never managed squeeze in Heaven is missing an Angel

I know, couldn't manage that. Also missed One step away and The love I never had.

I'm done now...you'll be pleased to hear.

Edited by TPAFKATS

Just read that article. Certainly didn't take Ronnie long to learn the Celtic patter. Other clubs dragging them down etc. Quality!

He's got a point.

Playing against poor quality week on week will result in a drop in players standard.

If we were playing the bottom league teams every week we would be worse...........................wouldn't we?

He's got a point.

Playing against poor quality week on week will result in a drop in players standard.

If we were playing the bottom league teams every week we would be worse...........................wouldn't we?

I hear what you're saying but were they not playing in the same league in 1967 and when 2 million Bhoys went to Seville?

Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV must be dragged down every year by Dutch diddies. Benfica, Sporting and Porto are held back dreadfully by Portuguese diddies. Rosenborg surely fcuked in their attempts to conquer Europe by the Norwegian shite they need to play every week. I feel for Anderlecht. Imagine playing Belgian pish year in, year out.

Celtic can go fcuk themselves. He hinted, with feeling.

Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV must be dragged down every year by Dutch diddies. Benfica, Sporting and Porto are held back dreadfully by Portuguese diddies. Rosenborg surely fcuked in their attempts to conquer Europe by the Norwegian shite they need to play every week. I feel for Anderlecht. Imagine playing Belgian pish year in, year out.

Celtic can go fcuk themselves. He hinted, with feeling.

Aye the Dutch teams are a big success in Europe........................wait it's no the 70's is it?

Rosenberg, Anderlecht.................you're right again, Europe's losers.

Although most of the above have a better standard than Scotland, shown by the last umpteen years our teams are dumped out by August/September.

You're missing the point, Scottish football is poor, in fact you hinted this same point recently.

To be fair, in a way, the Champions bollox is set up to favour the big countries and the big rich teams rather than wee countries like Scotland. All those mental play-off rounds costing a lot and delivering little in return before the big teams enter the proper competition so that competition could prosper, the wealth could better spread around, giving other teams, like Shellic, a chance to be more competitive....

You COULD feel sorry for Shellic...

... if that wasn't the same system deployed to ensure they stayed richer than all other Scottish teams.

To be fair, in a way, the Champions bollox is set up to favour the big countries and the big rich teams rather than wee countries like Scotland. All those mental play-off rounds costing a lot and delivering little in return before the big teams enter the proper competition so that competition could prosper, the wealth could better spread around, giving other teams, like Shellic, a chance to be more competitive....

You COULD feel sorry for Shellic...

... if that wasn't the same system deployed to ensure they stayed richer than all other Scottish teams.

Agreed.

No point greetin about things that are outwith your control.................wait, I'm getting a Deja vu moment. whistling.gif

Indeed, but you do now it's not still 1967?

Changed days, and that will never be repeated.

The format and money will see to that.

I was and still am a big admirer of the 67 Celts and what they achieved under Jock Stein. My disenchantment with the old Old Firm hadn't begun then apart from hating their fans. Looking back now, though, I don't think that team would get anywhere in Europe nowadays. The fitter players today are better coached, better organised and generally have a lot more technical nous. It's invidious to compere teams from differing eras but I really don't think they would cut it nowadays. I've got doubts if any Scottish club will ever get near any European final again.

• 11 months later...

I am watching this game tonight because its a scottish team in europe, if it was motherwell or aberdeen I would be doing the same, all the rest is propaganda

F*CKEM

HOPE THE HOOPS GET HUMPED !!!

We must consider the above statements in an Independent Scotland. I started supporting Saints in 1976 because they weren't biggots. Clearly some pricks on here, that live in wee boxes. Anyway my great grandpa was Irish so FK anyone who has an issue with our celtic cousins, away and fly the union jack if you doexcl.png

Nothing to do with them being Irish.

My grandchildren are born and bred in Donegal.

It is more to do with a lot of their fans being sectarian f**kwit bigots who support and sing the praises of a Terrorist Organisation who killed and maimed many, including children.