Thommogod - Bad News

I know he's out for a while but it's actually good news for us as he was unsure if he was going to go for the operation at his age.

omg my comment completely failed I'll try again. I agree with what your saying also I'm so glad it wasn't the start of last season at least this season we have other strikers who granted are yet to get off mark but when they do we might not miss him as much as we would of last season although we could use his goals and leadership more than ever right now.

Thommo said: "I'm confident that I'll be back playing again soon, hopefully early December at the latest.

"I'm certainly not planning on hanging up my boots. Before I tore my groin I was absolutely flying and feeling really fit.

"I still believe I can play for the rest of this season and then another one at least after that.

"I'm planning to be back in the side in the second half of the season and hopefully banging in the goals."

Good chance he could be the manager before then.

Surely that would be the exact same as appointing Craig in fact worse in that Thommo would have zero experience. If Craig was to go that is the worst appointment we could make. We have to learn from these mistakes and we would have to get a guy in with a proven track record who we know is capable of at least making us hard to beat in the first instance. No one can say the TC appointment was wrong then advocate Thommo as his replacement.

Perhaps you are not saying that would be a good move and it's just your hunch on the cheap option the board would take but either way it wouldn't be the right move imo.

Surely that would be the exact same as appointing Craig in fact worse in that Thommo would have zero experience. If Craig was to go that is the worst appointment we could make. We have to learn from these mistakes and we would have to get a guy in with a proven track record who we know is capable of at least making us hard to beat in the first instance. No one can say the TC appointment was wrong then advocate Thommo as his replacement.

Perhaps you are not saying that would be a good move and it's just your hunch on the cheap option the board would take but either way it wouldn't be the right move imo.

That's what Hib's thought, the rest is history.

Nonsense. The difference between having TC and Thommo is in terms of managerial experience, very little, in terms of age, massive. There is a reason TC is 63 and this is only his second managerial gig, and that reason is he isn't very good. Thommo, on the other hand, is only 35, should have enthusiasm and fresh ideas plus hopefully connections in the game. He may need an oldeer more experienced head to assist him, but if you listen to Thommo talking about football, you can see he has the intelligence to be a success. TC, on the other hand, sounds like an old guy propping up the bar in the Court being asked for his opinion after a game. IMO, Thommo would be an inspired choice, and should have got the gig in the summer.