Thommogod - Bad News

Bad news regarding the legend.

Depending on the tear, Thommo could miss 10 days or be struggling to make the opening day of the season. Let's keep our fingers crossed

Some concerning news regarding Steven Thompson. Injured groin in training. Scan in the next couple of days. Could be out for 3/4 weeks.

Bad news regarding the legend.

Douglas McNeil @DouglasMcNeil · 24m

Depending on the tear, Thommo could miss 10 days or be struggling to make the opening day of the season. Let's keep our fingers crossed

Douglas McNeil @DouglasMcNeil · 58m

Some concerning news regarding Steven Thompson. Injured groin in training. Scan in the next couple of days. Could be out for 3/4 weeks.

If he keeps up that recovery time he'll be fine.From 3/4 weeks to 10 days in just over half an hour. :)

Really bad news, if this is accurate.

The lack of training alone within the duration of the injury could have a knock on effect oh his performance.

If the worst case scenario unfolds, we will need another striker in. Fingers crossed that it's not as bad as feared.

Edited by FTOF

Well after last night , I'm no longer convinced we will see European football for Saints , this time next year. .

mQQTzTB.gif

I think we need to get some more experienced bodies into the squad. Probably 1 in defence / midfield and upfront. The over-reliance on Thommo is largely due to him always playing and us playing 1 up top- not like he has a strike partner. Back in Gus days we had Mehmet / Dargo / Higdon which we rotated around and often had 2 of them playing.

Edited by flyingscot

I'll put forward an alternative view.

He's not going to miss a huge amount of time, even if it is a bad tear. Lets say he misses the first four league games of the season, allowing some time for him to build up fitness levels again. That gives us a few games (including home games against Hamilton and Dundee) to see if Marwood, Caldwell and Reilly are going to work out or not. If they do, great. If they don't, then the transfer window is open for another 8 days even after the home game against Dundee.

Whilst it is never good to hear about injuries to any of our players, he was almost bound to get injured/suspended/lose form/need a break at some stage this season. There is no denying he is a key player for us, arguably THE key player, but surely its not a completely bad thing to find out early how we cope without him for a few games?

Ach, it's not that bad - we can always get Stephane Bahoken back in on loan.

He's the one we're waiting on clap.gif

I just think we got lucky last year the kids did so well. I think without experience you could end up struggling with kids- like Hearts did a bit.

@ Flyingscot - great minds... clap.gif

Though Hearts' kids did not bad, I thought. They were slow to start but I think the point deduction hung over them really badly & dragged them down. I reckon they'd have stayed up with that same team if they'd not been docked the points (not just based on the maths, obviously, but based on the added impetus they'd have had from the start of the season.)

Edited by Magic Monkey

Is this the same forum where everyone was recently saying how excited they were about our squad and we only needed a couple more signings?

The future's so bright you are all wearing blinkers and welding goggles

Who was saying that? They need their heads checked! This is the worst position pre season that we've ever found ourselves in!

Who was saying that? They need their heads checked! This is the worst position pre season that we've ever found ourselves in!

Right. Much worse than the start of the 97/98 season. Or the Summer of Beath. Or last summer. Or any of the summers in the 90s before 99.

This is much worse than those. 1eye.gif

Don't care what people think about I say But we are a cert to go down one way or the other we can not keep on reducing the squad season after season and hope to stay up our luck WILL run out this time .

Edited by elvis

I'll put forward an alternative view.

He's not going to miss a huge amount of time, even if it is a bad tear. Lets say he misses the first four league games of the season, allowing some time for him to build up fitness levels again. That gives us a few games (including home games against Hamilton and Dundee) to see if Marwood, Caldwell and Reilly are going to work out or not. If they do, great. If they don't, then the transfer window is open for another 8 days even after the home game against Dundee.

Whilst it is never good to hear about injuries to any of our players, he was almost bound to get injured/suspended/lose form/need a break at some stage this season. There is no denying he is a key player for us, arguably THE key player, but surely its not a completely bad thing to find out early how we cope without him for a few games?

Exactly. If there's one time we don't mind Thommo being injured, it's right at the start of pre season.

Don't care what people think about I say But we are a cert to go down one way or the other we can not keep on reducing the squad season after season and hope to stay up our luck WILL run out this time .

You've been saying that for 5 years to be fair.

You've been saying that for 5 years to be fair.

You'd think law of averages and all that..... He'd be right at least once?

I wonder if he's ever predicted us having a relatively succesful seasom?

Lets be honest now, most of the last 1/2 of the season he missed more sitters than he scored goals.......... we should be aiming to sign someone who can actually give us a decent goal tally...

This is a wind-up, right?

And in equal measure nobody puts any credence in your repetitive discredited dung