Jd Sports "undisputed" King Of Trainers

Gosport Buddie

I always get my trainers, and a lot more besides, at the Livingston shopping complex. Recently bought Skechers trainers £39.99, exact same pair in the Skechers store in Buchanan St - £70. Also bought Nike golf shoes for about £25 cheaper than other stores I'd seen them in.

Well worth a visit. Both the 'normal' mall, and the outlet mall. A lot of good shops for that increasingly neglected breed.... Men.

Adidas, Puma and Nike outlets, still got an HMV shop, and a lot of other men-centric stores. Great prices and good eateries.

King of Trainers my arse. I avoid JD Sports like the plague these days. My 'footfall' goes to Livvy.

I always get my trainers, and a lot more besides, at the Livingston shopping complex. Recently bought Skechers trainers £39.99, exact same pair in the Skechers store in Buchanan St - £70. Also bought Nike golf shoes for about £25 cheaper than other stores I'd seen them in.

Well worth a visit. Both the 'normal' mall, and the outlet mall. A lot of good shops for that increasingly neglected breed.... Men.

Adidas, Puma and Nike outlets, still got an HMV shop, and a lot of other men-centric stores. Great prices and good eateries.

King of Trainers my arse. I avoid JD Sports like the plague these days. My 'football' goes to Livvy.

Have you fallen out with St.Mirren whistling.gif

On our shirts they're the "King of Trainers", now on the OS they're the self proclaimed "UNDISPUTED King of Trainers". I wouldn't even call them the PRINCE of trainers!!! I always get my trainers at Sportsdirect, a whole lot cheaper with much friendlier and helpful staff

What age are you? I suspect that may be your first problem.

Skechers lol

The ones I bought are just black trainers. The memory foam inserts are dead comfy.

I didn't buy them to make a fashion statement or because I care about the brand name on my feet. I bought them cos' they're great for walking around in.

Edit: ...and because they weren't from JD Sports.

Edited by pozbaird

You can't get the styles that the yooth want anywhere other than JD they have exclusive designs and brands. Hence the King of Trainers tag.

I have never seen a pair of trainers in that shit hole Sportsdirect that I would ever put near my feet!!

Good for you, brainwashed into spending over the odds at a shop with shite staff and even shitier customer service

You can't get the styles that the yooth want anywhere other than JD they have exclusive designs and brands. Hence the King of Trainers tag.

I have never seen a pair of trainers in that shit hole Sportsdirect that I would ever put near my feet!!

Oh dear - here we have a fashion victim.

I've got two kids. One is an athlete and the other loves playing football. The athlete undeniably knows his footwear because it is particularly important in his field. He would never buy a pair of trainers from JD Sports for two reasons.

1. They have no qualified staff with the relevant expertise or knowledge to tell you whether a trainer is suitable for your gait.

2. They are over priced and typically are no more than fashion shoes that are pointless for the use in sport.

He will however buy from Sports Direct despite the fact that their staff are not trained either. He will do so having had his gait assessed, by knowing that he is an over pronator and by doing his own homework to discover specific names of shoes within a brand that are suitable for him to wear. And the reason he'll do that at Sports Direct is because typically they are the cheapest by a long way.

Those who are serious about their feet really should get along to one of the major athletics stores like Run4It, or Achilles Heel or look up Asiacs gait analysis events that are held around the country.

Oh dear - here we have a fashion victim.

I've got two kids. One is an athlete and the other loves playing football. The athlete undeniably knows his footwear because it is particularly important in his field. He would never buy a pair of trainers from JD Sports for two reasons.

1. They have no qualified staff with the relevant expertise or knowledge to tell you whether a trainer is suitable for your gait.

2. They are over priced and typically are no more than fashion shoes that are pointless for the use in sport.

He will however buy from Sports Direct despite the fact that their staff are not trained either. He will do so having had his gait assessed, by knowing that he is an over pronator and by doing his own homework to discover specific names of shoes within a brand that are suitable for him to wear. And the reason he'll do that at Sports Direct is because typically they are the cheapest by a long way.

Those who are serious about their feet really should get along to one of the major athletics stores like Run4It, or Achilles Heel or look up Asiacs gait analysis events that are held around the country.

They checked my gait at Livingston Outlet Mall. They said I was a fat 50-something basturt' and pointed me in the direction of Skechers.