TV: BT Sport

St Mirren v Celtic
SPFL Scottish Premiership
Venue: St Mirren Park, Paisley
Date: Saturday, 27th September 2014
Kick-off: 12:45pm
TV: Sky Sports

Edited by shull

Dissapointed with the shift of the Thistle game.

I can't take to this Friday night football. A day out in the West End is something I had been looking forward to. As it is, the only option now is a rush home, tea, then in the car to Maryhill.

Pish, IMHO.

Dissapointed with the shift of the Thistle game.

I can't take to this Friday night football. A day out in the West End is something I had been looking forward to. As it is, the only option now is a rush home, tea, then in the car to Maryhill.

Pish, IMHO.

Don't the attendances suggest it's a fairly popular choice?

My mate, Dundee supporter, said last season they had more than decent turnouts on a Friday night as many people seen it as an addition to a Friday night out?

Aren't you allowed out late? whistling.gif

The Friday night games are good for me, kick off at 4.45 on a Saturday morning here, so I can get up, watch the match and ( usually ) go back to bed for a couple of more hours.

The Saturday 12.45 kick off is even better as it starts at 9.45pm on a Saturday which is well into beer-o-clock territory thumbup2.gif

Then a couple of wee goldies as a nightcap after we hump the septic punk.gif

Don't the attendances suggest it's a fairly popular choice?

My mate, Dundee supporter, said last season they had more than decent turnouts on a Friday night as many people seen it as an addition to a Friday night out?

Aren't you allowed out late? whistling.gif

The crowd won't be any bigger on the Friday night than it would be on the Saturday afternoon, I wouldn't have thought.

I am talking purely from a personal point of view. For me, a Friday night out shouldn't be interrupted by a football match. Football matches are for Saturday afternoons and occasional Tuesday/Wednesday nights.

Call me old-fashioned (or just an arse, if you prefer).

The crowd won't be any bigger on the Friday night than it would be on the Saturday afternoon, I wouldn't have thought.

I am talking purely from a personal point of view. For me, a Friday night out shouldn't be interrupted by a football match. Football matches are for Saturday afternoons and occasional Tuesday/Wednesday nights.

Fusty Arse

Going away for the weekend of the Thistle game but means I can be an armchair fan on the Friday night. Will need to ask Faraway Saint for some tips ( joking mate )

Will be at the Celtic game to see us pick up all three points smile.png

It's easy IOBS, get the drink poured, sit on a big comfy settee and relax, no half drunk boo boys around you to put you off..................it's the way ahead. wink.png

Old fashioned arse, IMO. wink.png

Totally agree. It might be an age thing (i.e. I'm as dinosaur) but I just can't see any valid reason for having matches played on a Friday night. A person (I'm including the ladies here) works all week and then, after completing the last shift, they are expected to shoot home, jump in a quick bath, has a quick shave (still including some of the ladies here) and has to head out to the stadium without a couple of pints first (still including etc.....). If it's an away game then it's almost certainly out of the question, unless it's relatively local, as the Jags game is for us.

Sunday football I can live with, but Friday nights are a no-go for me. Only my personal stance of course.

sat afternoon partick game wasn't good for my liver or bank balance. left paisley at noon on the sat and got home at 5am on the sunday, hadn't phoned the mrs or f**k all. she asked where id been and wasn't to pleased when I replied 'eh the fitba' n looked at her funny.