Why So Much Negativity ?

OK, I'll stick my head above the parapet and expect to attract some bullets.

This season we have Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in a lower division. By my reckoning there are maybe only 6 sides in our division with larger average fanbases, Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Dundee, Motherwell and Killie. Also we have, as far as I understand, next to zero debt and a marvellous training facility. Maybe even a terrific crop of youngsters in there as well due to our club's commitment to youth development.

So I think it is a no-brainer that St Mirren's fans ought to expect the team to finish higher in the league than Partick, Hamilton, St Johnstone, ICT and Ross County. Yet for some reason there are a bunch of Happy Clappers content if we avoid relegation, even if do we finish below ICT, Ross County, etc. Fans have a right to feel short-changed when we look at the league table and see these teams above us.

I understand we are not a 'big' club but every season seems to bring along too many disappointing defeats to 'inferior' opposition, too many no-shows on the park, too many games with negative tactics, and too many miserable Saturday evenings. Mid-table is where I believe we ought to be this season and I'll be happy with that.

This season we have Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in a lower division. By my reckoning there are maybe only 6 sides in our division with larger average fanbases, Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Dundee, Motherwell and Killie. Also we have, as far as I understand, next to zero debt and a marvellous training facility. Maybe even a terrific crop of youngsters in there as well due to our club's commitment to youth development.

So I think it is a no-brainer that St Mirren's fans ought to expect the team to finish higher in the league than Partick, Hamilton, St Johnstone, ICT and Ross County. Yet for some reason there are a bunch of Happy Clappers content if we avoid relegation, even if do we finish below ICT, Ross County, etc. Fans have a right to feel short-changed when we look at the league table and see these teams above us.

I understand we are not a 'big' club but every season seems to bring along too many disappointing defeats to 'inferior' opposition, too many no-shows on the park, too many games with negative tactics, and too many miserable Saturday evenings. Mid-table is where I believe we ought to be this season and I'll be happy with that.

Nothing wrong with your post Wilbur the general consensus I think is constructive criticism is one thing but to slate players and management before a ball is kicked this season is unjust.

I'll be happy to see some good football, no long winless runs, no cup exits to lower league diddies, no serious injuries, no talk of dressing room unrest.... and no summer signings turning out to be shit.

If we control the things we CAN control, get our own house in order... what will be will be.

The real negativity this forum should deal with is the negativity that certain posters show towards their fellow Saints fans just because their opinions differs from their own.

Many resort to personal abuse.

One poster in particular trolls this forum looking to dish out abuse at every turn.

Indeed, after we signed Ross Caldwell he made several posts on the thread abusing fellow buds and / or posting irrelevant nonsense. Not a single post was about Ross Caldwell.

Its these negative posters that should hang their heads in shame.

Take away their shite aliases and it won't be that many negative trolls really.

As we all know there are some folk on here that just slate everything St.Mirren, from signings, style of play, manager and the like. It baffles me as to why these guys are actually St.Mirren fans, what enjoyment do they get from supporting the Saints ?

I won't name names because we all know who they are but come on guys FFS, it seems to me you have the whole idea of what supporting a club is all about, slagging everything about the club is not supporting the club at all !!!

My advice for the new season to you is, face facts the Super Saints are a small club and always will be, we will no doubt be fighting relegation this year again but instead of being so negative just enjoy being a Saints fan because see when you do it right it's f***ing awesome.

And yes I expect many many replies calling me everything from an ar**hole to a clueless idiot! but one thing for sure! come the start of the season I will be 100% behind Tommy Craig and whoever he puts on the pith and furthermore I will enjoy it.

dont get too upset, the moaning faced bastards on here, will never change, i have no time for the negs who state we will lose before a ball is kicked in any game, they must be sad miserable gits who only want others to reply to their shite posts and wind ups to make their miserable lives seem worthwhile for a moment or two, i really dont understand why some of them post shite comments then slag people who reply by saying "it was a wind up" and also others who jump on your reply and say "ha ha he hooked you" or "here fishy fishy" FFS why not just post opinion or fact and leave it at that,

not that it bothers me of course holiday.gif

I am proud to support St Mirren - I'm a " my pint is half full kind of guy"

With every success I'm just glad I don't support either of the ugly sisters !

And on days like 17 th March 2013 I happily admit to crying as I hugged my dad and my son.

Because who knows the next time I'm celebrating a cup run I could be toasting my dad above and being hugged by my lad and his lad.

I don't support the saints expecting to win but it makes every special result just a little bit sweeter.

I am proud to support St Mirren - I'm a " my pint is half full kind of guy"

With every success I'm just glad I don't support either of the ugly sisters !

And on days like 17 th March 2013 I happily admit to crying as I hugged my dad and my son.

Because who knows the next time I'm celebrating a cup run I could be toasting my dad above and being hugged by my lad and his lad.

I don't support the saints expecting to win but it makes every special result just a little bit sweeter.

good post...

I believe now we have got rid of ol Danny boy, that this going through periods of 8 games without a win are a thing of the past. Surely Tommo will have us outwitting these diddie teams and we shall start seeing back to back wins more often over the coarse of the season. = a better finnish. C.O.Y.S.

I believe now we have got rid of ol Danny boy, that this going through periods of 8 games without a win are a thing of the past. Surely Tommo will have us outwitting these diddie teams and we shall start seeing back to back wins more often over the coarse of the season.

Do you think it will be a rough season?

= a better finnish. C.O.Y.S.

I don't think we've signed a finnish player and we don't have one at the club to compare.jerry.gif

Negativity is poisonous. Maybe you personally feel a sense of release of emotion but it is a wet blanket that brings down the spirit and enthusiasm of everyone else around you.

Negativity achieves negative consequences whereas positivity motivates, inspires and builds bonds and produces positive consequences.

Being positive does not mean you do not care or just accept anything. It means you work with what you have and improve what you have and try to gain a higher standard. Negativity achieves nothing. smile.png

Thank you Dr Phil

This from the guy who was slating the kids in yesterday's line up...

This from the guy who was slating the kids in yesterday's line up...

Your a funny guy like one of these wee dogs that grab you ankles and does not let go.

On you go produce the evidence Andy make full of yourself.

I've got no difficulty with anything you posted, Wilbur. I have been relieved rather than happy clapping when we've avoided relegation over the last few years. But It's not really acceptable. I felt all last year that there was a malaise in the club. I got some stick for it but at least I wasn't naming anyone or writing off any players. It now seems there was internal friction but that's history. We move on. I'm encouraged with what Tommy has done so far and it seems there might be one or two more players arriving. So yes I do make criticisms at time, as you have said you do, but this crucifying of some players especially young lads is absolutely bang out of order and hee-haw to do with getting behind your team. I wish it would stop. All it can achieve is the balloons who do it getting satisfaction from the oldest platitude in the world- 'I told you so! What a clever dick I am'. Dick is the only accurate bit.

We have a new manager new assistants and new players in so im not having a go at anyone.

With regards to having a go at young player's Thomas Reilly I have not seen enough of to make any kind of judgement on him! That's the problem 5 mins at the end of a game every couple of weeks? I think if we sign another striker then he might be lucky to make the bench and will be released at the end of the season!!

If he goes out on Loan and does well at a lower division club then that is his best chance of making the breakthrough at St.Mirren!

I think the people who moan about McCausland are wrong I think he will be a good central defender that St.Mirren will struggle to keep hold of in the future!

I don't mind people having there say on him good or bad. They go to games and pay his wages so if they don't rate him they have the right to say so! I honestly don't think he's any worse than Darren McGregor!

The problem I have is when people have a go at him because of who his dad is that's something he has no control over!!

As for Manager who knows but I like his approach to pre season and if he brings in another 3 player's he says he wants then I feel pretty positive about our chances next season!!

Edited by leolovesstmfc