Callum Ball

TopCat

Lets wait and see , he actually might like the set up in Paisley , and the group of lads he,ll be training with on a daily basis , he will also probably be confident of either starting or being on the bench on a regular basis , and he has the offer on the table , might make sense for him to sign a one year contract and see where it goes.

Well said Griffendor, well said indeed.

Some of our forum user's are somewhat guilty of underestimating just how great our football club really is. We are a really good club to sign for and I am sure many player's would be impressed with our set up, position, team spirit, wonderful fans (especially me) and hugely talented manager.

Tommy will make the right decision and it will need to be a damn good offer to turn the lads head elsewhere. If the ball boy was to refuse a contract at our great and good club then deep down he will know that he will regret it for years to come.

I would be very pleased to see callum sign a contract with us. Everything suggests this guy would score a few at this level. An impressive scoring record at every level he has played at. We had Parkin and Guy as back up to Thomohawk a couple of seasons ago and now we have exciting options in Marwood and Caldwell but Ball offers something different again so well worth a contract imo.

I think Marwood and Caldwell will both be getting 6 or 7 goals each this season (at least) and I could see Ball easily surpassing that given some time on the pitch with Wylde and Teale providing balls into the box from wide areas and then there is Thomas Reilly. It could easily be the best forward options we have had since coming back to spl.

I am looking forward to the new season. My glass is definitely of the half full variety. The naivety of another long summer of no St Mirren games.

Topcat. Strange he should hold out considering it was he who contacted us through Gary teale.

It was obvious from talking to guys at Blyth that the word was out he would be playing for us. Both Scunny and Carlisle had guys looking at him which is no surprise given the relatively close proximity. It may well be the case he asked for us to give him a platform as he clearly lacks fitness but that would not stop others also using it as an opportunity to asses him. Would be a very good addition from what I saw more so with a bit of fitness wotk under his belt. Fingers crossed.

If i was him i would sign for one of the English teams that's ment to be looking at him if they still want him offcourse .

nothing to do with that it would just make more sense for him more cash and still living in England

Surely that's for the lad to decide.

I bet that we don't hear anything again today. Have a feeling it will be rolled up as a double or triple signing announcement on Friday....

Can't remember the last time that happened (Dargo, Haining et al?), so my guess would be that we'll learn of each deal as the player signs on. In this era of Twitter etc., it it difficult to keep anything under wraps for long.

If Ball agrees to join Saints, we will learn about it soon enough.