Aberdeen Game Cancelled

It's shit like this that really pisses supporters off. Especially as I was hoping to spend my wedding anniversary away from the wife. Bastards.

Both the official websites have given no indication why the game has been cancelled from that date. Piss poor.

Just think how pissed off your wife is.........................sad.png

Edited by faraway saint

yes come on saints, give us an explanation on this decision please

Just guessing we would have asked as with the league cup in midweek after this fixture its four games in ten days otherwise. I guess the clubs have invoked that option to postpone a game in august that was set up for the ugly sisters, but which actually for once helps us?

Just guessing we would have asked as with the league cup in midweek after this fixture its four games in ten days otherwise. I guess the clubs have invoked that option to postpone a game in august that was set up for the ugly sisters, but which actually for once helps us?

i'm fine with it as long as the rearranged game is on a saturday

Aberdeen requested cancellation...we have agreed...

Anybody want to buy return train tickets to Aberdeen on 16th August????

email the club to request aberdeen pay your ticket cost, they got morecambe to refund mine and my hotel cost for the postponed friendly at morecambe last year - you only have to show proof of purchase

Edited by buddiecat

It's shit like this that really pisses supporters off. Especially as I was hoping to spend my wedding anniversary away from the wife. Bastards.

Both the official websites have given no indication why the game has been cancelled from that date. Piss poor.

Bastards indeed chap. When your wife told me you were going to the game I took a day off work ☺️

maybe the saturday after a scotland game on the friday? call ups permitting

i'm not really fine with it - i'm raging,that game is much looked forward to by me and all the others who drop into stonehaven pre-match to visit the harbour and other local places of interest

So this has been decided two and a half weeks before the game. 18 days' notice. That is completely and utterly unnacceptable, tinged with a complete apathy and contempt for the fans.

There will be many who have already booked trains (myself included), buses, overnight accommodation to make the game. Some sorry excuse for an explanation has been posted on the Aberdeen official site, citing fixture congestion as a prime factor, before thanking St Mirren for agreeing to the fixture switch. Congested fixtures for which side may I ask? We may have three games in two weeks but that's nothing new.

What seems to have happened here is that Aberdeen have gotten ahead of themselves, thinking "we're going to advance in Europe, on top of all the other diddy Premiership games we're forced to play", so have used whatever imaginary weight they think they carry to get the game moved. To the benefit of Scottish football, of course.

More to the point, why have we accepted? What better than playing a tired Aberdeen side with their mind on other things, at a venue at which we have a notoriously poor record. But no, let's wait until it best suits Aberdeen. We'll play them midweek, at the same ticket prices, which will give the hosts the perfect opportunity to roll us over 2-0.

All this forced by a bully of a Chairman who has never given a second thought to the fortunes of other Scottish clubs.

This whole charade has been one enormous two fingers to the fans who have had the sheer audacity to try and save money on what is an already expensive day out. Money which they have now lost for good. Shameful.

Come on St Mirren, we're listening.

Edited by buddieup

I'm guessing Aberdeen have requested a cancelation as a precaution incase they're playing in Europe on thursday 14th.

Which should mean our game with them goes ahead on sunday 17th.

My guess is probably shite.

So this has been decided two and a half weeks before the game. 18 days' notice. That is completely and utterly unnacceptable, tinged with a complete apathy and contempt for the fans.

There will be many who have already booked trains (myself included), buses, overnight accommodation to make the game. Some sorry excuse for an explanation has been posted on the Aberdeen official site, citing fixture congestion as a prime factor, before thanking St Mirren for agreeing to the fixture switch. Congested fixtures for which side may I ask? We may have three games in two weeks but that's nothing new.

What seems to have happened here is that Aberdeen have gotten ahead of themselves, thinking "we're going to advance in Europe, on top of all the other diddy Premiership games we're forced to play", so have used whatever imaginary weight they think they carry to get the game moved. To the benefit of Scottish football, of course.

More to the point, why have we accepted? What better than playing a tired Aberdeen side with their mind on other things, at a venue at which we have a notoriously poor record. But no, let's wait until it best suits Aberdeen. We'll play them midweek, at the same ticket prices, which will give the hosts the perfect opportunity to roll us over 2-0.

All this forced by a bully of a Chairman who has never given a second thought to the fortunes of other Scottish clubs.

This whole charade has been one enormous two fingers to the fans who have had the sheer audacity to try and save money on what is an already expensive day out. Money which they have now lost for good. Shameful.

Dont criticise, Brians feelings may be hurt if he reads that ! cool.png

i'm not really fine with it - i'm raging,that game is much looked forward to by me and all the others who drop into stonehaven pre-match to visit the harbour and other local places of interest

it is pants notice, especially if it ends up being a midweek fixture.

I wonder if any other clubs will invoke their option as they all have the same schedule?

that would look silly a Weekend with no Premiership games on

Have to agree but let's see if St.Mirren officials or chairman ask for a rebuttal. If we gained an even slight advantage, let's go for it. I won't hold my breath waiting for a response because as a club it's something St.Mirren are not good about.