Aberdeen Game Cancelled

We've probably agreed to it because we have a bunch of new players to settle into the team, our best player and most prolific striker is injured, as is our most experienced center half and given the choice (as we were) it would be better for us to play one of the best teams in the league with a settled first team and a fully fit Thommo.

We've probably agreed to it because we have a bunch of new players to settle into the team, our best player and most prolific striker is injured, as is our most experienced center half and given the choice (as we were) it would be better for us to play one of the best teams in the league with a settled first team and a fully fit Thommo.

Fairy nuff. .

Fairy nuff. .

Still really shite for the guys who had booked travel, accommodation, etc. but based on what gives us the best chance to win the game, I suppose it makes sense to cancel.

Would have been nice to see us tell Milne to f**king ram it though, especially after his rants in the aftermath of the 8/8/8 vote.

Pretty poor, a chance for a summer away day to Aberdeen to be replaced with a mid week fixture later in the season. Not great for the supporters and not really needed.

Will be interested to hear Saints explanation.

Certainly you would think, out of decency, the club would have made a detailed statement on the reasons for this, and them agreeing to it?

Although, even if this was produced by the club, whatever the reason wouldn't be acceptable for some, but at least it would have taken away this issue.

While it's a minor inconvenience for people in Paisley it's a costly one for people from further away who make great efforts to travel to see St Mirren and this happens without any great explanation.

I'll just have to cancel my 1 hours drive, a real pain but nothing compared to some.

Certainly you would think, out of decency, the club would have made a detailed statement on the reasons for this, and them agreeing to it?

Although, even if this was produced by the club, whatever the reason wouldn't be acceptable for some, but at least it would have taken away this issue.

While it's a minor inconvenience for people in Paisley it's a costly one for people from further away who make great efforts to travel to see St Mirren and this happens without any great explanation.

I'll just have to cancel my 1 hours drive, a real pain but nothing compared to some.

Good post,

From a personal point of view, after this fiasco I now have no intention of attending any Saints games this season.

Absolutely raging, I booked flights from Jersey/Aberdeen (via Gatwick) Friday-Sunday, no consideration for the fans whatsoever, what makes it even worse only booked it a couple of days ago, £172 down the drain, cvnts

Get on to the Paisley Express Jimmy,they'lll pick up on a story like that and you'll maybe have a chance of being compensated.

According to todays PDE.....An Aberdeen spokesmen said "The postponement was taken at the request of Aberdeen FC for football reasons,given the heavy fixture commitment the club has over the forthcoming days and weeks.The club is grateful to SMFC for agreeing to the postponement"

Given Milne's pish surrounding the league reconstruction shenanigans, Gilmour should have told them to go and f**k themselves, instead of rolling over and letting St Mirren supporters down.

Can't disagree with any of that.

It suits St Mirren, that is why we have agreed. That and the fact that resisting the request is probably futile anyway. i suspected that this fixture might have been in doubt . It would definitely have been moved at short notice if Aberdeen had progressed so maybe the club think they are being prudent and fair

Unfortunately, all travel plans are always at risk where football is concerned. i think it would be fair to recompense those who have paid out larger sums for planes, hotel bookings can usually be cancelled with 24 hours notice but i know a few quid can be shaved off with pre-paid deals. Pay with a credit card or avoid the pre-paid rate in the future when it comes to hotels

Given Milne's pish surrounding the league reconstruction shenanigans, Gilmour should have told them to go and f**k themselves, instead of rolling over and letting St Mirren supporters down.

In the absence of an official explanation from our board of directors on the club's own website, my theory is that with early season injuries to Thompson and McAusland, it suits Tommy Craig to get a tricky away game at Aberdeen postponed to later in the season.

The fact that it fcuks over some of our supporters might not even have registered with them.

Poor communication from St Mirren? Who'd ever have thunk it?

In the absence of an official explanation from our board of directors on the club's own website, my theory is that with early season injuries to Thompson and McAusland, it suits Tommy Craig to get a tricky away game at Aberdeen postponed to later in the season.

The fact that it fcuks over some of our supporters might not even have registered with them.

Spot on Paul, Again this season we are short at the back, I make that the last 3 seasons, I mean how hard is it to sign a centre back.

Spot on Paul, Again this season we are short at the back, I make that the last 3 seasons, I mean how hard is it to sign a centre back.

I'm not bothered about the football Gary, I'm concerned big Cheesy is going to miss the golf day. He might not get drawn in my team again, but he still has his title to defend. This leaves us short in the low handicap player section.... Fan Council, are you listening? Gie's a new signing FFS.... Luke Donald or someone. Get it sorted.

phone.gif

I'm not bothered about the football Gary, I'm concerned big Cheesy is going to miss the golf day. He might not get drawn in my team again, but he still has his title to defend. This leaves us short in the low handicap player section.... Fan Council, are you listening? Gie's a new signing FFS.... Luke Donald or someone. Get it sorted.

phone.gif

Think you'll be ok, He will be back for the golf daywink.png , Was talking to him at Whitley Bay, He said 2 to 5 weeks depending on the scan

Given the activity on signing players, i think we can forgive the lack of info in other areas

Aberdeen FC and Stewart Milne can go fcuk themselves.

That club stopped the turnover of the 11-1 veto that suits the selfish interests of two teams.

Milne was scathing of St Mirren FC and made personal attacks on SGG at the time of league reconstruction.

Until last season the only silverware they had received for decades in Scottish football was the Love St urinals.

They showed no respect to our chairman or our club. Feck em!

If they are such a big club then they should have a squad to match.

It was probably a call between Derek McInnes and Tommy Craig anyway. Tommy being a nice guy agreed.

Reduce the entrance prices and refund travel for the rearranged game.

Do you really believe that.

Given the activity on signing players, i think we can forgive the lack of info in other areas

No we can't. The directors obviously told the webteam to put up a notice on the website. They could have put up a couple of extra sentences explaining their reason. Over a day later and they still haven't. Mind you, my signature text....