Aberdeen Game Cancelled

It certainly is how these discussions usually start. You might be surprised how well the managers and players know each other.

You don't think that Milne and SGG met over a candlelight dinner......

So Tommy has gone in and said to the chairman and the BOD "can you help my wee mate Derek out by postponing our game against them". 1eye.gif

Sorry meant to add..... Stewart agreed only if he was taken out for a candle lit dinner.

Edited by pod

I used to go to every away game but stopped a couple of years ago.

In the past I would already have booked up the hotel before the cancellation of the game so I too would have been absolutely raging.

As others have pointed out, Aberdeen put the boot into us last summer so there is no way we should be doing them any favours.

In addition, Aberdeen were main players in stopping the removal of the 2 club league veto which will ensure a sectarian based carve up returns when the new The Rangers club gets back to the top flight.

Stewart Milne is a disgrace to Scottish football and St. Mirren should be doing everything in their power to make things as difficult as possible for Aberdeen.

In saying that, as others have also said, we would be missing Thompson & McAusland so maybe the club did it for own interests.

Just a pity they didn't consider their loyal travelling support.

I used to go to every away game but stopped a couple of years ago.

In the past I would already have booked up the hotel before the cancellation of the game so I too would have been absolutely raging.

As others have pointed out, Aberdeen put the boot into us last summer so there is no way we should be doing them any favours.

In addition, Aberdeen were main players in stopping the removal of the 2 club league veto which will ensure a sectarian based carve up returns when the new The Rangers club gets back to the top flight.

Stewart Milne is a disgrace to Scottish football and St. Mirren should be doing everything in their power to make things as difficult as possible for Aberdeen.

In saying that, as others have also said, we would be missing Thompson & McAusland so maybe the club did it for own interests.

Just a pity they didn't consider their loyal faithful travelling support.

FIFY

• 2 weeks later...

I still dinnae get why we are not playing tomorrow.

Very little has been said about it.

It's outrageous that those Buddies who normally travel ( no me ) will have to do it some random Tuesday night, probably in the winter.

Can understand the frustration and no doubt this will now be moved to a mid-week game making it more difficult to attend. For me it's came just at the right time as we need to re-group work hard and keep going over what went wrong against Hamilton not just putting it down to a bad day at the office.

We have two former players coming back next Saturday who have a point to prove so I really hope we are prepared for what will be a very hard game.

Anyone know if Thomo is training yet ?

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Allegedly we still owe ( or were late with payment) Aberdeen some money for the Mcgennis loan deal. So our esteemed board were really quick to bend over for the sheep

Aberdeen are having essential work done to the home dressing room where the hell are you hearing that shit ?

• 3 weeks later...

Aberdeen game rescheduled for Tues 30th Sept.

Sellic game,away,in Dec put back a day due to Europa League.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=35755

ah well half empty bus from the tile then and i suspect "bus sharing" will be to the fore,the buses will lose cash through this. i will not be travelling to aberdeen on a tuesday night for a league game, one of the best away days ruined by the clubs - no thought for fans and now will be the second last of 5 games in a 16 day period, ffs how is that less congested than the last game, a complete shambles from those involved in rearranging this game.