Aberdeen Game Cancelled

I'm not bothered about the football Gary, I'm concerned big Cheesy is going to miss the golf day. He might not get drawn in my team again, but he still has his title to defend. This leaves us short in the low handicap player section.... Fan Council, are you listening? Gie's a new signing FFS.... Luke Donald or someone. Get it sorted.

phone.gif

Think you'll be ok, He will be back for the golf daywink.png , Was talking to him at Whitley Bay, He said 2 to 5 weeks depending on the scan

What would be wrong with agreeing to Aberdeen's request? We may need a similar favour from them some day.

Aberdeen FC and Stewart Milne can go fcuk themselves.

That club stopped the turnover of the 11-1 veto that suits the selfish interests of two teams.

Milne was scathing of St Mirren FC and made personal attacks on SGG at the time of league reconstruction.

Until last season the only silverware they had received for decades in Scottish football was the Love St urinals.

They showed no respect to our chairman or our club. Feck em!

If they are such a big club then they should have a squad to match.

It was probably a call between Derek McInnes and Tommy Craig anyway. Tommy being a nice guy agreed.

Reduce the entrance prices and refund travel for the rearranged game.

In the absence of an official explanation from our board of directors on the club's own website, my theory is that with early season injuries to Thompson and McAusland, it suits Tommy Craig to get a tricky away game at Aberdeen postponed to later in the season.

The fact that it fcuks over some of our supporters might not even have registered with them.

Poor communication from St Mirren? Who'd ever have thunk it?

Given the activity on signing players, i think we can forgive the lack of info in other areas

Aberdeen FC and Stewart Milne can go fcuk themselves.

That club stopped the turnover of the 11-1 veto that suits the selfish interests of two teams.

Milne was scathing of St Mirren FC and made personal attacks on SGG at the time of league reconstruction.

Until last season the only silverware they had received for decades in Scottish football was the Love St urinals.

They showed no respect to our chairman or our club. Feck em!

If they are such a big club then they should have a squad to match.

It was probably a call between Derek McInnes and Tommy Craig anyway. Tommy being a nice guy agreed.

Reduce the entrance prices and refund travel for the rearranged game.

Do you really believe that.

Given the activity on signing players, i think we can forgive the lack of info in other areas

No we can't. The directors obviously told the webteam to put up a notice on the website. They could have put up a couple of extra sentences explaining their reason. Over a day later and they still haven't. Mind you, my signature text....

It certainly is how these discussions usually start. You might be surprised how well the managers and players know each other.

You don't think that Milne and SGG met over a candlelight dinner......

So Tommy has gone in and said to the chairman and the BOD "can you help my wee mate Derek out by postponing our game against them". 1eye.gif

Sorry meant to add..... Stewart agreed only if he was taken out for a candle lit dinner.

Edited by pod

I used to go to every away game but stopped a couple of years ago.

In the past I would already have booked up the hotel before the cancellation of the game so I too would have been absolutely raging.

As others have pointed out, Aberdeen put the boot into us last summer so there is no way we should be doing them any favours.

In addition, Aberdeen were main players in stopping the removal of the 2 club league veto which will ensure a sectarian based carve up returns when the new The Rangers club gets back to the top flight.

Stewart Milne is a disgrace to Scottish football and St. Mirren should be doing everything in their power to make things as difficult as possible for Aberdeen.

In saying that, as others have also said, we would be missing Thompson & McAusland so maybe the club did it for own interests.

Just a pity they didn't consider their loyal travelling support.

I used to go to every away game but stopped a couple of years ago.

In the past I would already have booked up the hotel before the cancellation of the game so I too would have been absolutely raging.

As others have pointed out, Aberdeen put the boot into us last summer so there is no way we should be doing them any favours.

In addition, Aberdeen were main players in stopping the removal of the 2 club league veto which will ensure a sectarian based carve up returns when the new The Rangers club gets back to the top flight.

Stewart Milne is a disgrace to Scottish football and St. Mirren should be doing everything in their power to make things as difficult as possible for Aberdeen.

In saying that, as others have also said, we would be missing Thompson & McAusland so maybe the club did it for own interests.

Just a pity they didn't consider their loyal faithful travelling support.

FIFY

"One club in particular you would need to ask just exactly what their agenda is - St Mirren," Milne said. "What was on the table for everyone to consider today was back the plan, an opportunity to move Scottish football forward.

"This is going to have major implications for Scottish football - it's going to potentially seriously damage the game in the long term. I'm very angry because I think today we have let down Scottish football.

"St Mirren Football Club have really got to pose themselves the question: why are they prepared to put the rest of Scottish football in jeopardy just because of their own selfish interests?

"This is a massive opportunity that has been blown, particularly on the whims of an individual.

"In that room, we've got to be in there with the interests of our club but we've got a wider responsibility for the SPL as an organisation and also wider Scottish football. None of that was displayed by Stewart Gilmour and St Mirren Football Club."

Milne said he was suspicious about St Mirren not accepting concessions made on the day. He said: "[The 11-1 vote issue was] just another red herring that Stewart continually threw on the table."

"If it was so important, why was he not prepared to back the change that was offered on the table today, that future league reconstruction would be dealt with a normal 75 per cent vote the same as the rest of business?"

"I'm disappointed in Ross County as well. It was stressed to (chairman) Roy MacGregor that he has a responsibility that goes beyond Ross County, he has a responsibility as part of the SPL set up to have wider interest in Scottish football.

"Roy has given the reasons why they are not prepared to back it at this stage, which is very disappointing."

Milne said that clubs were now back to square one and revealed that a concession on voting rights and the ability to change the proposals within the next years had been tabled but to no avail.

"It's the status quo," he said. "The offer of changing the reconstruction rules was rejected by the two clubs, which no one can see the logic behind."

Lest we forget that last season proved to be the most exciting end to the SPFL from positions 2-12 for decades.

Which club proposed these changes for many many years?

St Mirren.

Which club for SELFISH reasons chose to veto the 11-1 - Aberdeen.

It was very very pleasing to see Motherwell pip them to second place at Pittodrie with a controversial goal in injury time following a foul by ex-Saint John Sutton.

Karma's a bitch Milne ya whining cnut.

• 2 weeks later...

Can understand the frustration and no doubt this will now be moved to a mid-week game making it more difficult to attend. For me it's came just at the right time as we need to re-group work hard and keep going over what went wrong against Hamilton not just putting it down to a bad day at the office.

We have two former players coming back next Saturday who have a point to prove so I really hope we are prepared for what will be a very hard game.

Anyone know if Thomo is training yet ?

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint