Crowd Funding For St Mirren

basher1981

You really are an odious individual. You come on here insinuating that the reason your proposal failed was because saints fans didn't back it.

But when presented with the truth from the consortium's statement that: "they had no confidence your proposal was sustainable" you resort to the troll/schoolboy tactics of name calling and trying to deny the truth.

Didn't we half dodge a bullet with you!

Irony alert? 1eye.gif

You really are an odious individual. You come on here insinuating that the reason your proposal failed was because saints fans didn't back it.

But when presented with the truth from the consortium's statement that: "they had no confidence your proposal was sustainable" you resort to the troll/schoolboy tactics of name calling and trying to deny the truth.

Didn't we half dodge a bullet with you!

Logical Fallacy KLAXON

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Well at least you know what you were found out on. Perhaps now you've accepted it you can be a better person for it?

The lord loves a sinner......

But not half as much as he loves The Saints....

SMTID

Glad to see at last your arguments have petered out.

But if you now wish to exchange theological views then feel free to continue

Your Lordship, it's totally fine to enter in to the world of creative writing for your posts, it's a fans forum after all, anyone with even a basic education knows to take all content with a pinch of salt. It's frustrating as the forum becomes a cesspit, however personally I've no great issue with posters spouting shyte, the onus is on the reader to filter. In truth that goes for the internet in general. Anyone who is gullible enough to swallow the written word hook, line and sinker has, I would imagine, got more to worry about in life.

The difference here is that you are clearly not content with your works of fiction, but rather want to debate the 'facts' with the one guy on this thread who, like it or not, actually knows what he is talking about. I wasn't convinced by the 10000 hours business model, I stand by that opinion to this day, however they gave it a good go.

Agree, disagree, whatever, but don't argue black is white with the guy with the colour chart, it's tedious. First rule of street fighting, know when to run.

First rule of using an alias to back yourself up. Don't make it so bleedin' obvious!

:lol:

I was quite proud of the fact that over 1100 St.Mirren fans pledged to put money into the share purchase with real hard direct debit pledges.

That was 1/3 of our season ticket population and that was even with false starts, and confusion/suspicion about the whole project.

I was always convinced that fan ownership was the right model for our club and that the numbers involved would grow further if the fans got control.

The consortium obviously had concerns and decided to reject the bid which was their right to do so.

That was two years ago now. I know interested buyers have come and gone since then.

I still get abuse every now and again from the odd punter here and there for my involvement in the 10000hours thing 1eye.gif

I was quite proud of the fact that over 1100 St.Mirren fans pledged to put money into the share purchase with real hard direct debit pledges.

That was 1/3 of our season ticket population and that was even with false starts, and confusion/suspicion about the whole project.

I was always convinced that fan ownership was the right model for our club and that the numbers involved would grow further if the fans got control.

The consortium obviously had concerns and decided to reject the bid which was their right to do so.

That was two years ago now. I know interested buyers have come and gone since then.

I still get abuse every now and again from the odd punter here and there for my involvement in the 10000hours thing 1eye.gif

Do I get a refund? whistling.gif

I still get abuse every now and again from the odd punter here and there for my involvement in the 10000hours thing :1eye

Yeah, boo.....boo....All your fault. ☺☺:)

Anyway...entirely agree considering it all and where we came from 1000+ contributors was great

Slightly off-topic but I believe SMISA are trying to hoover up as many shares as they can from existing minority shareholders. I think it's a good start. Now if they could then persuade Ken McGeoch and/or Gordon Scott to sell to them is it not feasible that they could find themselves owning in the region of more than 30% of the club?

And if that could be achieved, how hard would it then be to approach members of the selling consortium and see if they would be willing to break ranks and sell their shares separately? Morale must be low among the group. Could Evelyn Purves or Alan Marshall be tempted? Then if you do that then you can't be far off controlling 51%. Or is that pie in the sky?

Slightly off-topic but I believe SMISA are trying to hoover up as many shares as they can from existing minority shareholders. I think it's a good start. Now if they could then persuade Ken McGeoch and/or Gordon Scott to sell to them is it not feasible that they could find themselves owning in the region of more than 30% of the club?

And if that could be achieved, how hard would it then be to approach members of the selling consortium and see if they would be willing to break ranks and sell their shares separately? Morale must be low among the group. Could Evelyn Purves or Alan Marshall be tempted? Then if you do that then you can't be far off controlling 51%. Or is that pie in the sky?

Not sure how they would get out of the consortium? The sharers are now owned by the controlling company Douglas Street Ltd to sell as 52%.

Don't think this has changed.

Edited by davidg

Not sure how they would get out of the consortium? The sharers are now owned by the controlling company Douglas Street Ltd to sell as 52%.

Don't think this has changed.

i'd say you are right on this,can't just walk out on douglas street ltd, i'd assume that company is set up in such a way that if you want out you would have to sell your share to the company,just my thoughts on it obviously