Centre Half Please

Over the last three seasons when he has been at CH (not his first under DL when he was predominantly used at RB IIRC) McAusland has performed at a decent bottom 6 level. However just as at the start of last season when partnered with JG the current CH duo is not working - something must be done.

Too many mistakes so far this season and as a result McAusland's confidence is shot, I can't see things improving unless he has a spell out of the front line - I think he's still got a future but he & the team in general need some sort of change. Also although Plummer seems the more accomplished player it's got to be faced that he is one half of an unsuccessful duo. Like I said earlier something must be done last year it was introducing two young FB's to the first team - is there any money that can be used to bring in a CH before the deadline tonight (I don't fancy another post-window signing like EDD) or is TC gonna have to reshuffle the team in an attempt to pull a rabbit out of a hat - worrying times. Flush.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Ok, if anyone had ANY doubts that we don't need a no nonsense CH then surely Saturday and immediately preceding games will have changed their minds.

What I don't get is that successive managers have clung to the belief that Marc is the answer, when clearly compared to virtually every other central back in the league he is well short of standards required to shore up a defence.

I'm not asking for a Gordon McQueen, or a Billy McNeil, all I'm asking for is a big lad who can play a bit, can clear the lines and give the defence some confidence that ensures that we don't just leak goals.

The attack comes under pressure from the fact that we give away goals and they in turn become edgy knowing they must score more against the opposition than our defence is leaking at a vast rate.

If, as several have argued, he is played continually due to the fact he has relations in higher places, then it's a sad day. That has got to stop and if it takes a strong manager and some harsh words then so be it.

SOMETHING HAS GOT TO CHANGE at the back! Flush.gif

It's pretty simple though, rightly or wrongly(wrongly in my opinion) the current and previous managers consider Marc to be good enough so if Craig remains in charge Marc will continue to be a first pick alongside Plummer so we're as well dealing with it and giving the guy our full support.

Remie Streete

Is this just a random brain-fart, or are you suggesting we might be bringing him to the club on loan?

I think we should be told.

If anyone is interested:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-now-remie-streete-once-7566408

Edited by Drew

Is this just a random brain-fart, or are you suggesting we might be bringing him to the club on loan?

If anyone is interested:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-now-remie-streete-once-7566408[/

quote]

I believe he will complete a one year loan deal before the end of the day.

Well, that might not be the worst news. It seems he is quite well thought of, and had been flirting with the 1st team if the paper reports are anything to go be, but a young lad for all that. At least he'd be an option, though.

Cheers anyway.

If anyone is interested:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-now-remie-streete-once-7566408[/

quote]

Reliable source tell you this? And when?

If anyone is interested:

quote]

Reliable source tell you this? And when?

Source seems to think there's a good chance of it happening, both clubs keen. There is apparently some interest from English League 1 however, but hoping TC can use his connections to swing it!

Good stuff.

The article I linked to above mentions Dummett's loan period, so hopefully this will have a bearing.

Would be good to have a bit more cover at the back.