Motherwell Gate Priced

£23 is a rip off but lets be honest our game is is on the up again.

Clubs are much better run now, even though we were threatened with all sorts of Armageddon ,the game has flourished. So many different teams winning trophies, including ours, and the amount of young stars getting introduced to the league is very exciting.

Attendances have stayed strong on the whole, apart from Celtic but we knew they'd miss their bigot brothers. They are the only team to do so.

I don't agree with clubs adding an extra £1 or 2 on and hope the fans don't notice. Even though the extra £3 is only the price of a pint, its the principle. Its not fair we only charge £20 and get ripped off by everyone else.

Ideally my price limit would be £18 max, and £20 for OF games to cover extra policing costs.

That's another thing I can't get my head round! - surely there are extra policing costs cos there are more punters? thus the pro-rata costs should go DOWN?

10/15 years ago it was a fair cop as it was supply / demand - changed days now though!

Can't believe I am sticking up for OF fannies - but fair=fair

I dont want our Club to be like Motherwell.

We are decent and solvent and happy that we're cheaper than them and cheaper than most other Clubs.

We are St Mirren.

It's not the away fans who come to St Mirren that are to blame.

Give them a break also.

I paid £30 to watch the commonwealth games medal games. Seven hours worth of sport in nice surroundings, no segregation, no police, no cunto stewards. Could have a few beers, a good variety of food and wasnt treated like a potential criminal to and from the stadium by f**kwit police.

I saw the best player currently on the planet in both male and female games win gold medals.

Motherwell is a shithole. You'll go to the game, you'll be segregated, you'll be banned from doing certain things, like drinking. The food will be outstandingly shite. The police and stewards will view you as a potential criminal. The police may well even be armed nowadays as a show of "strength" and you'll sit in a crappy old stand looking out on a pitch where the goals at the far end look f**king wonky because the cunts couldn't even build their pitch on a flat bit of ground. You''l be charged £23 quid for a couple of hours worth of low quality sport.

I like the football, but the pricing structure has made me decide to not go to many games now. I have young kids that Id rather be with and spend the time and money with them. I also find Motherwell and intensely depressing town. They really need to flatten it and try again.

It is a rip off- But its our first game. Still undecided as to whether to go. If I do, does anyone know any 'away fan friendly' pubs in Motherwell?

I always go to the Motherwell FC social club which is across from main stand been a good few times no problem and friendly. However its a bit of a walk to the saints end though not much further than other pubs.

I paid £30 to watch the commonwealth games medal games. Seven hours worth of sport in nice surroundings, no segregation, no police, no cunto stewards. Could have a few beers, a good variety of food and wasnt treated like a potential criminal to and from the stadium by f**kwit police.

I saw the best player currently on the planet in both male and female games win gold medals.

Motherwell is a shithole. You'll go to the game, you'll be segregated, you'll be banned from doing certain things, like drinking. The food will be outstandingly shite. The police and stewards will view you as a potential criminal. The police may well even be armed nowadays as a show of "strength" and you'll sit in a crappy old stand looking out on a pitch where the goals at the far end look f**king wonky because the cunts couldn't even build their pitch on a flat bit of ground. You''l be charged £23 quid for a couple of hours worth of low quality sport.

I like the football, but the pricing structure has made me decide to not go to many games now. I have young kids that Id rather be with and spend the time and money with them. I also find Motherwell and intensely depressing town. They really need to flatten it and try again.

Go to most away games when at home but cant say I feel like some kind of criminal by Police and stewards. Food tend to do my eating outside stadiums in the form of a bar lunch or home games the Buddie Good Trailer across from our main stand. Spicy Chicken Burger strongly recommended , shit I could go one right now they are sooo delicious. Not your frozen shit this is a chicken breast with fresh salad and all sorts on it mmmm !

I like the football, but the pricing structure has made me decide to not go to many games now. I have young kids that Id rather be with and spend the time and money with them.

Careful, Reynard... Pal.... :unsure:

oaksoft will probably find that assertion politically incorrect.

What nonsense.

Clubs don't charge that, grounds aren't empty. Indeed attendances are going up.

It's simple economics. The clubs will charge the figure they feel will maximise revenue. If they cut prices in half would double the amount of people go? No, so clubs would lose out.

If people think this or any product is too expensive, the way to show your annoyance is simple: Don't buy it.

Wow. Thanks for giving me the very definition of an ostrich.

Whilst I agree about ther pricing......you should hold a one hour football phone in on Saturday nights called "Happy Hour with Reynard".

You do know it's no longer illegal to be happy in this country don't you?

Overall last seasons attendances were up by 2.1%

Ross County & Inverness were real big losers, both down by 14.5% & 11.9% respectively with Killie not far behind at 8.5%

Partick (+38.4%) & Aberdeen (+34.4%) were the big winners.

We were +2.8% thumbup2.gif

Attendances have been pretty stable over the last 10 years or more.

I'm not denying it's costly, but, as a few have mentioned, so are other pastimes.

As I've said, if teams reduced the cost considerably the increase in attendance would NOT make up the shortfall, thus teams would lose on income, a sure way to disaster.

That is EXCELLENT.

What is 2.1% of a one third full ground these days?

Doncaster is missing a trick.

On Sky we should should have an advert which says "Watch the SPL. Our crowds are marginally less shit than than season"

I think this would be a PR winner. What about you?

Adult 23

Student/oap 16

Juvenile 12

23 pound is a disgrace. When will clubs stop fleecong fans. Is it any wonder fans are dropping off.. Was really looking forward to the game but might not go now out of principles. Yes i can afford it but where is the cut off point. Its vastly overpriced for the product.

Totally agree. For my family to go we would be £70 in entrance money. Travelling there, another £30. Programme, food etc. It's a feckin joke

^^^ trying to fluff Retard - cringeworthy.

Retard eh?

What a disaster of a poster you are. Try to take the political high ground repeatedly, then call a fellow Saints fan a retard in a derogatory manner.

You have a problem with retards?

That is EXCELLENT.

What is 2.1% of a one third full ground these days?

Doncaster is missing a trick.

On Sky we should should have an advert which says "Watch the SPL. Our crowds are marginally less shit than than season"

I think this would be a PR winner. What about you?

I think you know nothing about football, that's what I think. lol.gif

Tell us, what , exactly, is your suggestion to fill every ground?

Cannie wait for this one. 1eye.gif

The people who go will probably continue to keep going although there is probably some point at which we will be driven away.

I do wonder what chance there is to attract new people to our grounds at these prices and looking at them I'm kinda glad that neither of my children like football or want to attend Saints matches again.

Wur doomed - but maybe not quite yet!

TBH what ICT, Ross County and Aberdeen charge isn't relevant to me, as I've got better things to than spend 6 to 8 hours travelling on a Saturday.

I'll probably go to the other club's away games first time round regardless of the price.*

However, for the second round of away games, the price, plus the fact that I might have lost interest by then, might influence whether I attend or not.

* Won't be going to the St.J game on the 4th of October as I'm off to see The Buzzcocks that evening.thumbup2.gif

I don't attend green bigot away games either.

Edited by FTOF