George Evans

Mid Calder Saint

From the City web site

The son of former player and physio Ronnie Evans, defensive midfielder George Evans was spotted playing in a local tournament at the JJB Sports Dome along with fellow EDS starlet, George Glendon.

Evans appeared on the substitutes' bench in the UEFA Champions League match against Ajax at the Amsterdam Arena and would be the first players to have represented every level of the Academy if he makes a first-team appearance.

George has played for England’s Under 16s and featured in the Under-17 World Cup Finals in July 2011 and was called up for the under-19s last season.

A lifelong City fan, George is expected to play a big role for the Elite Development Squad in the 2013/14 season.

George joined Crewe Alexandra on loan until February 3 2014 in October 2013.

At fúcking last!

whistling.gif

My brother saw him (along with his father) and TC going into the ground this afternoon.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=263396&p=5979796&sid=d1884ba8fe0f3ce1921f7f72374a7194

George Evans - The Next Paul Lake perhaps?

Player Profile;

Born - 13/12/1994 in Stockport
Height - 6'0
Foot - Right
Position - Central Midfielder
International Honours - England Under 16 & 17 Caps
Most like in the First team - Gareth Barry

He may seem abit gangly with his 6'0 frame and next to no muscle, but do not judge a book by its cover. George Evans is one of those central midfielders you love to have in your team; he has height to give him prescence, his technical abilities are second to none and he also loves the physical side of the game.

Whilst at City he has played defensive midfield, central midfield, attacking midfield, right back, centre back and right wing which shows that his reading of the game is superb being able to slot into many different positions and not look out of place. He does not have blistering pace, however he does have enough to get himself out of trouble should he ever need to.

He was recently a surprise call up to City's pre season tour of Austria, and again did not look out of place with the big boys, even though in one game he almost snapped an opposition player in half with a tackle!

He also has different forms of international experience, playing for the England Under 16's and 17's as a regular and was part of the squad that played in the 2011 Under 17 World Cup helping England to the quarter finals (along with fellow team mate Alex Henshall) Evans' recent performance with the EDS team have also earned him a call up the England Under 19's squad, which shows that he still is showing that potential.

Edited by FTOF

Obviously, I've never seen this guy play.

However, he *sounds* like exactly the type of player we need.

This is the most excited I've been at the start of a season for a while.

You don't look it........post-4944-0-89707500-1407268464_thumb.jp

Edited by pod

We don't need a centre half as we have a number of players who can play that position.

We don't, however, have a single natural right back in the squad.

Was thinking the same the other day. We have Plummer, McAusland, Naismith, Goodwin and Tesselaar who have all played at CH at some point in their career.

Naismith looked a more than capable right back but I've no idea who is cover for him in that position.

On George Evans, sounds promising !

We don't need a centre half as we have a number of players who can play that position.

We don't, however, have a single natural right back in the squad.

My post was intended to be a wee bit tongue in cheek, Andy....sorry, Phil.

Was thinking the same the other day. We have Plummer, McAusland, Naismith, Goodwin and Tesselaar who have all played at CH at some point in their career.

Naismith looked a more than capable right back but I've no idea who is cover for him in that position.

On George Evans, sounds promising !

I would imagine that either Tesselarr or Kelly could play right back.

You get plenty of right footed players who fill in at left back. It just seems more unusual to go the other way as most players are obviously right footed.

After years of folk wailing about not having a left back it now seems a bit odd having so many guys who can play left back, Tesselaar, Kelly & Plummer - but no cover for right back.

Looking at Evans' write up it says he has played right back as well and Goodwin may be able to play there and possibly Williams could start there like Naismith did before him.