St Mirren V Hamilton Academical - Wed 13Th 7:45 Ko

TopCat

Now a mere 7 days until our first home game of the season, and it's a thrilling midweek game against newly promoted Accies. We have our opening 2 games in 4 days and then have a 10 day break while the rest of our bottom half rivals play.

The last thing we want is to be left behind early again, and 3 points here would see that doesn't happen.

I've said this before, and I know many Saints fans don't like it, but i stand by it and I'll say it again: We should be beating teams like Hamilton Accies in Paisley.

I'll go for a tight, nervy 1-0 Saints win.

Now a mere 7 days until our first home game of the season, and it's a thrilling midweek game against newly promoted Accies. We have our opening 2 games in 4 days and then have a 10 day break while the rest of our bottom half rivals play.

The last thing we want is to be left behind early again, and 3 points here would see that doesn't happen.

I've said this before, and I know many Saints fans don't like it, but i stand by it and I'll say it again: We should be beating teams like Hamilton Accies in Paisley.

I'll go for a tight, nervy 1-0 Saints win.

Maybe if you changed it to read "we should be beating teams like Hamilton Accies in Paisley more often" no one would disagree.

Edited by bingboy

Maybe if you changed it to read "we should be beating teams like Hamilton Accies in Paisley more often" no one would disagree.

Actually our home record against teams like Hamilton is actually pretty good.

From memory we only lost once to a bottom 6 team in Paisley last year, and that was in August against Thistle.

Then again, I'm not asking people to agree with me, I'm just stating my opinion.

Kello

Naismith McAusland Plummer Tesselar

Teale McGinn McLean Wylde

Marwood Ball

Brown is chapping at the door but in the absence of Goodwin and Thommo I think we need Teale's experience.

Only position I swithered with was Ball as Caldwell looked much more of a threat when he came on. That said, chopping and changing doesn't help confidence... especially for a striker... so that is why I stuck with Ball.

McGinn could sit deep if need be but against Accies I would be taking the game to them!