St Mirren V Hamilton Academical - Wed 13Th 7:45 Ko

TopCat

I'm hearing the same that it was a done deal but after last nights showing he's not fancying it much now.

If that was the case then we don't want him here. One bad game does not reflect where this club have come from in the last 10 years. He must know we are a small club with small dedicated support who won a trophy in 2013. I am sure that lower league football down south is not any better than up here.

If that was the case then we don't want him here. One bad game does not reflect where this club have come from in the last 10 years. He must know we are a small club with small dedicated support who won a trophy in 2013. I am sure that lower league football down south is not any better than up here.

It was the fact that we had a 'bad game' that bothered him. It was the complete lack of cohesion and team spirit, plus he thought that some of the 'support' left a lot to be desired.

It was the fact that we had a 'bad game' that bothered him. It was the complete lack of cohesion and team spirit, plus he thought that some of the 'support' left a lot to be desired.

Pity we didn't get him up for Saturday's game..................................

Interesting now to look back on some of Danny's post match quotes after the good performances that eventually came last year. he constantly referred to the team following the plan when things went well. Could it be that Craig, Goodwin & Teale thought they knew better and caused heartless & disorganised performances in the other games?

Now Craig comes in and organises a crappy pre-season programme whilst packing the team with lower-league and non-league discards alongside loanees and a less than convincing spine for the side. A man of his experience should be hitting the ground running but this is far from convincing. Alex Neil is a cokparative rookie and he has his time fit, ready and united at the very start-all the things St Mirren are not.

Also, Goodwin is not a one-man team. If he is taking a coaches wage then he should be properly preparing a stand in that ensures some continuity for his many predicted suspensions. To suggest that we lost because he was missing is laughable, he is culpable for the performance as part of the management team.

So to the board, what a potential mess they have made by the way they handled the managerial appointments. If things don't turn around in a fortnight's time then we need to act decisively

And the big question to be adressed if TC has to go-what happens to Goodwin and teale? They would be jointly liable as coaches in that scenario and a new manager coming in may not fancy having them round at all given recent events. Do we continue to pay them as coaches and players whilst they no longer coach and only occassionally play, whilst paying new coaches to replicate their jobs? Do we sack them and fork out big time in compensation?

More likely , they would just do nothing . .

A horrendous performance last night to follow a promising performance on sat. I am giving tommy time but I'm worried. Worried that the signing of unproven players will cost us. It is getting a bit boring now though as on a whole for years we lose almost every other week. We don't go on runs and win games and tommy is bloody right to demand more from the players. It's a worry though that our team seems slow going forward almost predictable and I watched last nigh as Hamilton broke quick to hurt us. This Hamilton side have hardly signed anyone yet they have two front men who would walk into our team. Before you disagree they would! In the absence of thommo they would both be welcome in our team. Their right back was outstanding last night he was fast and strong in the tackle. Naismith is good going forward but his defending isn't great which brings me onto the defence or rather the lack of it. It is well known on here and in all press that saints have a soft core in defence. It has been obvious for two seasons that we need a centre half? None have arrived? If that continues were in real bother. Listen I know its early and we need to give tommy a good run which we will but I really hope that when he says in last weeks paper he has space for two more players he goes for the centre half we badly need and that both are experienced spl players.

Well that was high quality sh*te. Only Plumber got anywhere near pass marks and even he wasn't very good. Can't say I'm convinced that the new guys will solve our goal scoring problem - certainly didn't look like it last night. Lots of negatives and precious few positives. On top of everything, Adam Drury is now having second thoughts about coming up.

Pleased to meet you Bud and so was Abby.

Hmmm, far too early to make extreme suggestions about TC and his team. First two results not good, but who knows whats round the corner? My only problem so far is that the manager has stated publicly that he doesn't know why his team aren't performing. Two quotes after our last two games:

“Someone tell me how we lost that game. Anyone, as I have no idea.”

"We started brightly but never dominated and it's difficult to put a finger on the reason why"

Sorry if this sounds obvious but how about, "they scored and we didnt"? Come on Tommy, stamp your authority on the team!

Hmmm, far too early to make extreme suggestions about TC and his team. First two results not good, but who knows whats round the corner? My only problem so far is that the manager has stated publicly that he doesn't know why his team aren't performing. Two quotes after our last two games:

Someone tell me how we lost that game. Anyone, as I have no idea.

"We started brightly but never dominated and it's difficult to put a finger on the reason why"

Sorry if this sounds obvious but how about, "they scored and we didnt"? Come on Tommy, stamp your authority on the team!

the problem is that tommy craig's quotes r true...

he really hasn't got a clue what he is doing!

A horrendous performance last night to follow a promising performance on sat. I am giving tommy time but I'm worried. Worried that the signing of unproven players will cost us. It is getting a bit boring now though as on a whole for years we lose almost every other week. We don't go on runs and win games and tommy is bloody right to demand more from the players. It's a worry though that our team seems slow going forward almost predictable and I watched last nigh as Hamilton broke quick to hurt us. This Hamilton side have hardly signed anyone yet they have two front men who would walk into our team. Before you disagree they would! In the absence of thommo they would both be welcome in our team. Their right back was outstanding last night he was fast and strong in the tackle. Naismith is good going forward but his defending isn't great which brings me onto the defence or rather the lack of it. It is well known on here and in all press that saints have a soft core in defence. It has been obvious for two seasons that we need a centre half? None have arrived? If that continues were in real bother. Listen I know its early and we need to give tommy a good run which we will but I really hope that when he says in last weeks paper he has space for two more players he goes for the centre half we badly need and that both are experienced spl players.

Our best player on Wednesday night (granted, not a shining accolade) was a centre half who has just joined the club.

I think I take your general point, however. We need a solid, experienced core to the team, and without Thommo and Goodwin, that falls to Cheesy at the back. He doesn't quite tick the 'solid' box for me, as he it too prone to becoming flustered and letting his head drop.

An experienced centre half should be the absolute priority as we approach the closing of the transfer window. I'd pass up on the Drury deal in favour of this acquisition if necessary. If we sign one more player, it should be a centre half, though its a close run thing with a holding midfielder.

Likewise. Found that I was counting the number of planes leaving the airport!!biggrin.png

I know, i never miss one now. I usually tell her when one is flying past. Edited by shull