St Mirren V Hamilton Academical - Wed 13Th 7:45 Ko

TopCat

It was the other guy with him that got booked

He should have been carded when he put a shocking tackle on Brown right in front of the tunnel.

McLean went off his head with that one and the Ref almost booked him

Needless to say if it was Goodwin,straight red

Maybe you overreacted at the game.

Did you still think the same after seeing the four different angles, slow motion replays and pundit discussion on the BBC?

Our best player on Wednesday night (granted, not a shining accolade) was a centre half who has just joined the club.

I think I take your general point, however. We need a solid, experienced core to the team, and without Thommo and Goodwin, that falls to Cheesy at the back. He doesn't quite tick the 'solid' box for me, as he it too prone to becoming flustered and letting his head drop.

An experienced centre half should be the absolute priority as we approach the closing of the transfer window. I'd pass up on the Drury deal in favour of this acquisition if necessary. If we sign one more player, it should be a centre half, though its a close run thing with a holding midfielder.

I think both are vital. Holding midfielder especially so - it showed on Saturday that we didn't have one. Without a holding mid behind them, McLean and McGinn look lost, as do the two centre halfs. For the way we're trying to play, it's a crucial role that needs to be filled for every game.

Still reflecting on the misery of last Wednesday. Note Accies midfield contained a half fit player/mansger and the lad McKinnon who only signed for them last season aged 28 from Clydebank Juniors with whom he had played for since aged 25.Previous to that he was an amateur with St Pats. Perhaps we should be scouting at Paisley Rscecourse in future.

Still reflecting on the misery of last Wednesday. Note Accies midfield contained a half fit player/mansger and the lad McKinnon who only signed for them last season aged 28 from Clydebank Juniors with whom he had played for since aged 25.Previous to that he was an amateur with St Pats. Perhaps we should be scouting at Paisley Rscecourse in future.

Can you imagine the outrage, the club get enough abuse with the level of signings we attract as it is. wink.png

Well mister know it all.Richardson signed from Arthurlie. McAvennie signed from Johnstone Burgh. Not bad signings eh.You just have to get off your arse and look for the talent not just depend on your contacts with Newcastle and Man City who just use us to give their lads experience

You forgot our Anniesland Waverly signing.

Well mister know it all.Richardson signed from Arthurlie. McAvennie signed from Johnstone Burgh. Not bad signings eh.You just have to get off your arse and look for the talent not just depend on your contacts with Newcastle and Man City who just use us to give their lads experience

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Oh dear, time of the month?

Anyway, indeed, but that was then, not many will make the move in todays game which is considerably different from "the good old days".

Anyway, in your anger, you missed the point that I was making, namely, there's enough nuggets on here who complain about us signing players form shit English lower level leagues.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Oh dear, time of the month?

Anyway, indeed, but that was then, not many will make the move in todays game which is considerably different from "the good old days".

Anyway, in your anger, you missed the point that I was making, namely, there's enough nuggets on here who complain about us signing players form shit English lower level leagues.

Totally agree! ohmy.png

I'm hearing the same that it was a done deal but after last nights showing he's not fancying it much now.

He's not signing .Decided he would rather play with a decent team so is signing for Hamilton.

If proof were needed........................................1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

Drury Signs...........................despite some support doing the usual, spouting pish. lol.gif

• 3 months later...

Lol, Wylde should be OK for the next game said TC in August... still 3 or 4 weeks away as of end of November.

Hmm. Wylde came back after the end of August.

He started and had a superb assist against Aberdeen at the end of September and played several times around that period. Do you pay any attention to us whatsoever?

Oops :lol: