St Mirren V Hamilton Academical - Wed 13Th 7:45 Ko

TopCat

Guest TPAFKATS

As it wasn't a straight red Goodwin might not be suspended til the following game?

Mibees, might also have helped if the game was on Tuesday with regards to processing it.

As it wasn't a straight red Goodwin might not be suspended til the following game?

3.5 Players Sent Off for Receiving a Second Caution in the Same Match

A player who is sent off for receiving a second caution in the same match will have the combined total of penalty points for the two cautionable offences added to his applicable League disciplinary record. In addition, he will automatically be suspended in that competition until such time as his club has completed one match in the competition in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 3.8.

Kello

Naismith McAusland Plummer Tesselar

Teale McGinn McLean Wylde

Marwood Ball

Brown is chapping at the door but in the absence of Goodwin and Thommo I think we need Teale's experience.

Only position I swithered with was Ball as Caldwell looked much more of a threat when he came on. That said, chopping and changing doesn't help confidence... especially for a striker... so that is why I stuck with Ball.

McGinn could sit deep if need be but against Accies I would be taking the game to them!

Fair point about Ball and Caldwell . However , if not going with Caldwell from the start , I'd give Ball 60mins max before introducing Caldwell. I honestly think Caldwell would have netted had he been on just a wee bit longer. .

It is still early days , yet. .

Not at the must win stage yet but the prospect of another season looking up at the other teams is one I'd like to avoid - must win! online2long.gif

COYS!

It's more the fact that we don't have a game this weekend when the rest of the league - save from the scaredy Sheep - do.

If - god forbid - we lose here we don't have another game for 10 days. That will be a long 10 days, especially when all the teams around us are picking up points.

Hopefully be a comfortable win... Although we don't seem to have them that often. Get an early goal than press on, then when Imrie gets his inevitable goal it will be no more than a consolation... :whistle:

I'm going for 3-1 Saints.

Ball, McLean, and Wylde, in that order.

We'll be 2-0 up then they'll grab one back courtesy of the charming Douglas. They'll then push for the equaliser and we'll hit them on the counter with their lamentable defence all at sea.

It is written....

Disappointed but not surprised at Saturdays defeat which yet again confirms the trend of downsizing both in management and players.Games against the likes of Hamilton ought to be ones we need to win but with Thommo missing again, I can see problems in scoring.Watched most of the Alba highlights and wasnt impressed with the new "strikeforce" brought in on the cheap by Craig.Must improve vastly before the next match.

Disappointed but not surprised at Saturdays defeat which yet again confirms the trend of downsizing both in management and players.Games against the likes of Hamilton ought to be ones we need to win but with Thommo missing again, I can see problems in scoring.Watched most of the Alba highlights and wasnt impressed with the new "strikeforce" brought in on the cheap by Craig.Must improve vastly before the next match.

I know I shouldn't, but....

It was their first competitive match together, and, with a bit more sharpness, they could have had a few goals to share between them.

This will not be an easy game. Accies carved out a few chances on Saturday and only poor finishing let them down. They carry a very real goal threat so we will have to be on our toes. Defensively they did look very suspect so there may be a few goals in this game ( cue a 0-0 ) it's a shame that the red card overshadowed what was a promising performance on Saturday and, result aside, it would appear that we will be set out to be very attack minded this season. Considering we were away from home the attempts on goal were plentiful. More of the same on Wednesday please.