St Mirren V Hamilton Academical - Wed 13Th 7:45 Ko

TopCat

Think the problem is much deeper rooted and will not be solved by an ageing front man even though he is a legend. Did we underestimate Accies?

It was a bad day at the office all round. Thommo can find the net, we didn't look like scoring tonight, I think it would benefit the team if he was back.

Don't think we underestimated Accies we just played very shite. These things happen, I'm not going to start panicking just yet..

Dreadful from start to finish. Hard to believe 10 of those players started and played so well on Saturday.

We missed the liability so bad tonight.

Midfield was terrible, young Brown had a nightmare, feel sorry for him. I hope he doesn't feel too down as he wasn't alone.

Cheesy had a nightmare 15 minutes at the start of the second half, caused 1 goal and nearly caused another.

There we nothing in the bench tonight to make you feel we could change this. We lack depths to the squad. When everyone is for we have a decent starting 11 but a couple of players out and we're up against it.

Thank feck next weeks game is off. Gives us time to get players in, get players fit and sort ourselves out as we badly need it.

Conclusion - new season, same shite.

Like I said at half time, the next time I see either McGinn or McLean have a good game without Goodwin on the field will be the first time.

Without him they constantly get dragged too deep, try and do too much and it just totally negates their and our attacking threat.

It was a bad day at the office all round. Thommo can find the net, we didn't look like scoring tonight, I think it would benefit the team if he was back.

Don't think we underestimated Accies we just played very shite. These things happen, I'm not going to start panicking just yet..

I think your comment that we did not look like scoring sums up our problem. We look like relying again on Thommo this season and are somewhat fecked if he is out of the team. Hopefully Marwood and Ball can score soon.

That started with an embarrassing interview from Tommy before the game and then got worse.

No shape, no width, no fight. Too many players throwing their arms around petulantly complaining at everything. Not one penetrating pass, cross and only a couple of McGinn runs doing so.

On the plus side. The boy Plummer is some f**king player!

That was utterly embarrassing. That has to be the worse performance I've seen in a long long long time.

How can a team who looked organised, fast and made numerous chances last week turn into a team who looked as if they'd never played together.

We are an absoloute mess in the middle of the park without Goodwin. As soon as Wylde went off injured we lost any kind of service to the front men.

I'm not going to single out any players, as apart from McAusland , Kello and Tesselar we started with pretty much boys.

I'm hoping Thompson is back soon. We desperately need someone the right wing and a replacement for Goodwin.

Fair play to Hamilton, they came with a plan, got in our faces, fouled us until the referee grew a pair and got the card out and then slowed the game at every opportunity.

Jesus.

Poor first half, but still in it. Start of 2nd half sees McAusland in full panic mode, 3 quick-fire mistakes and the 3rd results in 0-2. Heads down, game over. Only positive for me was Plummer.

Couple of guys in main stand making a point to have a go at Craig. Just before the final whistle "f**k off Tommy, backstabbing wee bastard", which he certainly heard. Him and his young team will need 3 points against one of the Dundee teams.

Jesus.

Poor first half, but still in it. Start of 2nd half sees McAusland in full panic mode, 3 quick-fire mistakes and the 3rd results in 0-2. Heads down, game over. Only positive for me was Plummer.

Couple of guys in main stand making a point to have a go at Craig. Just before the final whistle "f**k off Tommy, backstabbing wee bastard", which he certainly heard. Him and his young team will need 3 points against one of the Dundee teams.

One guy could be heard. The other guy just slabbered stuff twice. almost as embarrassing as the team...

TC on the radio there saying too many players had an off night however I would put the responsibility at TC's door. On Sat we played 4-2-3-1 with width. A formation that worked fantastically well. Tonight we started with a 4-4-2 to accommodate the loss of Goody. Sorry to say young Brown was a rabbit caught in the headlights and we were overrun in the middle of the park from the off and had no width. Brown should have been off at half-time if nothing else to protect his confidence.

When Wylde went off things got worse as we played 4-3-3 with 3 centre forwards who got in each others road and still no width nor midfield. After that it was just a shambles with no formation and no-one knowing what position they were supposed to be playing in.

Tactically we were awful.

Both goals were easily avoidable, which is the most frustrating thing.

First one, Kello should be saving every day of the week. Second one, Cheesy, c'mon to f**k!

Finishing was, like Saturday, abysmal.

Looks like we're going to be relying heavily on the influence/goals of the ageing Goodwin/Thompson once again this season.

Really disappointed, Accies had a point to prove and set about us from the off, they didn't give us a minutes peace. We seemed to believe the hype of the weekend on how good we were and didn't show the same desire as Accies.

Inconsistency is what you get with youth. On top of that we missed Thommo, Goodwin and when Wylde went off things went from bad to worse. Accies were the better team showed more desire and fully deserved their win. We need to learn from this regroup and come back with the same desire as Accies.

No need for panic, you don't become a bad team overnight. However I'm totally scunnered.

Sad day when the only maturity shown in the team was from a young boy on loan. Plummer truly is a class act but he must be wondering what he's let himself in for.

That was absolutely awful. Glaringly obvious that we need Goodwin playing every week and I get the fear when the squad's so thin that Thomas Reilly gets a game. Play like that and the terrible twins will tear us a new one a week on Saturday. At least TC admitted we were pish.

Sad day when the only maturity shown in the team was from a young boy on loan. Plummer truly is a class act but he must be wondering what he's let himself in for.

That was absolutely awful. Glaringly obvious that we need Goodwin playing every week and I get the fear when the squad's so thin that Thomas Reilly gets a game. Play like that and the terrible twins will tear us a new one a week on Saturday. At least TC admitted we were pish.

Aye there's only one Jim Goodwin, shame that we could do with a couple!

Finding it hard to reconcile that debacle tonight with the encouraging performance that we put on at Motherwell on Saturday. Hamilton played a pressing game and worked much harder than us all over the park. We don't seem to be able to cope with teams that press us high up the park and we have turned in far too many similar performances at home. No spine to our team tonight and a lack of fight which was worrying

Utterly deplorable from St.Mirren tonight. Too many passengers in the team. Only given pass marks to Plummer, who looks as if he'll be some player for us.

Far too many times we were over run in the middle of the park and nothing was done to correct it. Young Adam Brown thrown in to the middle of the park for his debut tonight and from the first minute he was out muscled and out fought by the Hamilton players and eventually he became pretty anonymous and this left us playing with 10 men - 9 if you count Ball's hopeless attempt at a performance tonight.

Tommy needs August to be a very busy month regarding SPFL Premership standard signings or we'll be fighting off relegation for another season. The squad is far too inexperienced and threadbare and we can't be reliant on Young boys from Citeh and Newcastle to see us through.

I can handle poor performances where we are defeated tactically or have some players off form.I am however getting increasingly fed up with Cheesy's performances which swing wildly from ok to complete bombscare.He isnt a young player learning his trade.Tonight's performance in the first 15 minutes of the second half was laughable.3 schoolboy errors before he finally managed to gift them a goal.Sometimes being a supporter of the team you play for and being 'one of our own' just isnt enough.......Despite the teams poor performance generally,he wasnt under any pressure when he made his blunders.I've never crticised him before and I will never boo anyone in a Saints shirt,but the guy isnt getting any better