St Mirren V Dunfermline League Cup 26/27 August

shull

I thought we started the first half well. The Dung goal came from nothing. Then we went to pieces and were shit for about 20 minutes, came back into and could have had an equalizer before half time. Second half we went for it and what a goal by Caldwell! After that the dung went for it and we were on the ropes for about 10 minutes before getting right back into it and getting a just about deserved winner.

Good performances from Kello, Plummer, Tess and Naismith, McGinn and McLean were a bit hot and cold. Orbourne a cut price Djemba-Djemba. Thommo out of it. Wylde had one of his worse games for us and I just don't see what Drury gives us.

Cheesey... not at his bestwhistling.gif

Faraway saint does not know the way to St Mirren Park. More importantly knows very little about the game of football and has absolutely nothing constructive to offer the forum.

40 odd likes tonight would suggest, just because you don't agree, that you are WRANG! lol.giflol.giflol.gif

"Likes" going through the roof, read it and weep. 1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Kello. Naismith. Tess. Plumner all pass marks. Cheesy not a good game. Osborne nobody moving in midfield had to pass back or sideways all the time . McGinn list at ctr mid. Same with McLean . Drury promising but missed a sitter again. Wylde please learn how to cross. The Hawk nowhere near fit and should never have started. Ball and Caldwell good link up play between them.

Some of our some so called fans like nothing better than downing their own club. It's beggers belief. Let's get in into perspective were a small provincial club with a 8,000 seater stadium. What they expect a scoreboard the size of the one at parkhead they used for the commonwealth games. It's making money for the club already so how is that a bad thing. Club are trying to exhaust every way to bring some much needed cash. We'll done to all involved. The moaners get a life ffs.

Absolutely disgusting performance.

bangin.gifbangin.gifbangin.gif

Erm, it's shown on goal scorers? :1eye

Don't try to get smart, you know you don't have it in you................................:whistle

That's some magic radio you've got.

Erm, it's shown on goal scorers? :1eye

Don't try to get smart, you know you don't have it in you................................:whistle

That's some magic radio you've got.

I fear we will get a few drubbings if we don't sign a centre half quickly. McAusland was dreadful AGAIN. His passing was shocking, marking and positional sense even worse.

MOM match from Saturday, Goodwin left out altogether...strange.

Osborne looks slower than the double barrelled dud from last season.

Plummer, Tessaler and Caldwell pass marks

Well it's definitely one of those nights when you say "thank goodness we've got our first win and got our first goals of the season". Dunfermline were good and if they'd won we wouldn't have had any complaints although some of their tackling was a bit over the top - the foul on Jason Naismith was horrible to see. Their goal was well taken - I don't know how much Marian Kello would have seen of it but a good finish by the player. I thought Steven Thompson didn't look quite right and on the way home I heard on the radio that he's pulled a groin and will be out for a bit - let's hope it's not for too long. I always back the players at the game but I could understand why some of the fans where frustrated with some of our players - I'll not mention them as others already have but what I will say is that maybe one or two are unconsciously becoming too comfortable knowing that they will play every week without too much competition for their position? I was really pleased that Tommy Craig had the authority and bottle to make the subs that he did and was pleased for him that it paid off and I totally agree with Top Cat and Phil McCracken with their posts regarding Ross Caldwell:-

Caldwell excellent since he came on. He's more than earned a staring berth for Saturday.

He just made an excellent flick to Wylde, who was in a great position, but ... You guessed it... final ball let him down.

I backed the signing of Caldwell in the summer.

This could be the break we need to kick start the season.

Hopefully Ross Caldwell will get a run in the side now.

At the end of the day sometimes you have to sit back and say "we won and will be in the draw tomorrow for the next round of the League Cup". We needed a win from somewhere to give us a boost whether it was a scrappy win or not but we needed a win and we got it. Come on you Saints! punk.gif

Positive is we won and got a couple goals, downside thommo way off match fitness, looks like he was struggling after 30 minstrel if not before

Straight after game is not always best time to. Comment on players. Performances so leave that for now

Just one point there number 2 looked young lad worth a punt as cover?