The Eve Of The Start Of The Tommy Revolution

The age of the Tomster starts in earnest tomorrow. We have seen highly rated and precious player's staying with the resurgent Buddies, we have seen not one, not two but a trio of new strikers arrive at our club, we have seen a new scoreboard to record the imminent goalfest, we have seen the worlds most minging strips to give the forum user's something to moan about and we have seen the managerial merry go round deliver us a wily young fox to occupy the hot seat.

The weekend of the age of the Tom, the era of thy Craig, the Tomster days are finally upon us.

The excitement is building in the auld bones, the pride in my season ticket ownership is starting to burn and I am proudly dressing to the right.

Good luck Thomas Craig, I look forward to your stewardship of my club and I like any other fan with a brain am proud to have you managing my club. Let the Saints go marching on.

Just out of interest any stattos out there tell us how many times we have won our first game of the season? This could shape up to be a very interesting season, especially in the first quarter as we have recruited a number of new faces we will be an unknown quantity to other teams. I like the cut of TCs jib as his philosophy of playing attractive football comes across really well. Time will tell.

Since our return to the SPL our opening day results have been,

Inverness 1 St Mirren 2

St Mirren 0 Motherwell 1

Celtic 1 St Mirren 0

Hibs 2 St Mirren 1

St Mirren 1 Dundee Utd 1

Dunfermline 0 St Mirren 0

St Mirren 2 Inverness 2

Inverness 3 St Mirren 0

Surely we are due an opening day win!

Since our return to the SPL our opening day results have been,

Inverness 1 St Mirren 2

St Mirren 0 Motherwell 1

Celtic 1 St Mirren 0

Hibs 2 St Mirren 1

St Mirren 1 Dundee Utd 1

Dunfermline 0 St Mirren 0

St Mirren 2 Inverness 2

Inverness 3 St Mirren 0

Surely we are due an opening day win!

Thank you, I had a feeling it was none too smart but was afraid to look! TC comes across as a good guy but is clearly nobody's fool whereas Danny seemed anxious to please too many and perhaps was overly loyal at times. TC has great experience in handling players. That might just be the difference this season

I love how the media and bloggers are mostly tipping us to struggle and be relegated.

Reminds me of season 1999-2000 when we were widely tipped to go down to the second division and yet we romped to the title.

The pundits might be right of course, but I am certainly excited about this young squad and the fact that we now have no fewer than FOUR strikers to choose from !

Main thing I am going to do this season is to try and stay as positive as possible. This is a young side, it will come unstuck from time to time, but confidence is easy to lose and as fans I'd like to think we can do our bit by encouraging and supporting the lads through thick and thin.

The tale end of last season there was a good vibe in the support after a few really difficult months. I know I definitely lost my mojo for a bit and I am sure the supporters who go absolutely everywhere must have felt it even worse than I did.

We rallied at the end of the season when it matters though and I think the players definitely appreciated it.

Call me a happy clappy baldy bastard but I'll be very glass half full this season.

Cant wait for this season, all teams from 2nd -12th in the league struggles for goals, if you can find someone who can regularly find the back of the net then they will transform your team, we now have 4 strikers who should be able to add to our goals for tally massively, we have one of the best keepers in the league, this is Mcleans and Mcginns season, would love Tommy to prove everyone wrong, COYS!!!

• 4 weeks later...