Racism -

whydowebother

The commonwealth athletes & visitors to Scotland were treated to fantastic hospitality with a smile from our 'clydesiders' and residents.

This is the image of Scotland I love to see portrayed.We are a welcoming nation.

Like most nations however , we suffer with our own proportion of ignorant citizens.

I remember a while back about a guy busking in Glasgow who was racially abused & attacked , despite not causing any offence or bother to those passing by.

There was a clip in the record online http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/black-b-back-your-country-4024162 which again is not how would hope our citizens would behave.Their actions are shameful.

The individuals involved should be dealt with as severely as possible once named & shamed !

The commonwealth athletes & visitors to Scotland were treated to fantastic hospitality with a smile from our 'clydesiders' and residents.

This is the image of Scotland I love to see portrayed.We are a welcoming nation.

Like most nations however , we suffer with our own proportion of ignorant citizens.

I remember a while back about a guy busking in Glasgow who was racially abused & attacked , despite not causing any offence or bother to those passing by.

There was a clip in the record online http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/black-b-back-your-country-4024162 which again is not how would hope our citizens would behave.Their actions are shameful.

The individuals involved should be dealt with as severely as possible once named & shamed !

Can get into your link , is this the coloured guy singing in Glasgow if so two guy's from Ayrshire were arrested for that. Might be a different case who knows.

There will always be a few idiots everywhere. The most disgusting case I know is the Asians who picked up an incant guy walking in the street tortured him for a few day's before killing him.

Can get into your link , is this the coloured guy singing in Glasgow if so two guy's from Ayrshire were arrested for that. Might be a different case who knows.

There will always be a few idiots everywhere. The most disgusting case I know is the Asians who picked up an incant guy walking in the street tortured him for a few day's before killing him.

This was girls & guys abusing a guy calling him BB etc then girls jump him while guy stamps on his head it happened earlier this week.

Shameful & simply not on.

I remember the ones you mentioned being in the news , this was a similar nature.

I was quite appalled watching it.

Anyway rant over.

I've noticed a rise in racist comments made within my earshot over the last year / 18 months and I'm sad to say that in general it appears to be the younger generation that has become more prone to making racist comments. When I challenge them they know it's wrong, but it doesn't appear to stop it. It's sad that society in Scotland appears to have taken such a retrograde step.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

i've worked in england and wales and been called a scots git and worse,i have also had a couple of calls in my current job from people from a different country who have called me white trash etc,, never made me think to play the race card, when violence is involved it's another matter though

and i will add that i include violent speech as unacceptable

Edited by buddiecat

That, about, sums it up, minority but, I fear, growing. thumbdown.gif

Hammer these morons hard, send out a message it's not on, maybe hang them? whistling.gif

Yeah I suspect it's getting worse. Certainly over the last year I've heard the word "nigger" and "paki" being used far more frequently than even when I was a kid in the 70's - and being used by younger kids too who seem to think that it's not only OK but that it's cool. The lack of respect for war veterans is also very noticeable these days. Hanging would be good - I'd be happy to see that return along with a good birching

I don't think racism in Glasgow is bad. We had two weeks of the Commonwealth Games, and there were thousands of those English basturts' around town with St George's flags openly on display. As far as I know, none of them got their cnuts kicked in either.

Pwoud, vewy pwoud.

Yeah I suspect it's getting worse. Certainly over the last year I've heard the word "nigger" and "paki" being used far more frequently than even when I was a kid in the 70's - and being used by younger kids too who seem to think that it's not only OK but that it's cool. The lack of respect for war veterans is also very noticeable these days. Hanging would be good - I'd be happy to see that return along with a good birching

I really can't comment to much as there is a low percentage of "minority groups" in this metropolis. lol.gif

The term "paki" was well used in Paisley, but, if this makes sense, a non threating manner.

Similar to "chinky"...............which my daughter was horrified about.

Bring back the death penalty......................................for? whistling.gif

Start a thread. lol.gif

I don't think racism in Glasgow is bad. We had two weeks of the Commonwealth Games, and there were thousands of those English basturts' around town with St George's flags openly on display. As far as I know, none of them got their cnuts kicked in either.

Pwoud, vewy pwoud.

and some of us are descended from those English basturts.

In a similar vein - here's one from Paisley

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/paisleys-shame-4025233

If you go into the town centre any night of the week, there are kids just hanging about the war memorial / High Street. God knows why and to be honest I don't think my parents would have let me hang about the Town Centre at 10pm on a schoolday- I'd have got a shoeing.

To be honest a lot of music contains the racist language some kids use, so I guess they get it from that culture

Racism is still rife and seems that the 'ethnic Majority' in certain areas are picking up on the racism particularly well. A relative of my was walking on Victoria Road, Near Dixon avenue when an Asian guy bumped into her, and called her white trash and tried to spit on her, and a colleagues friend had a similar experience near Govanhill swimming pool, when group of asian guys she walked past, reckoned she would be 'good to rape too' ! Vile, disgusting behavior

Racism is still rife and seems that the 'ethnic Majority' in certain areas are picking up on the racism particularly well. A relative of my was walking on Victoria Road, Near Dixon avenue when an Asian guy bumped into her, and called her white trash and tried to spit on her, and a colleagues friend had a similar experience near Govanhill swimming pool, when group of asian guys she walked past, reckoned she would be 'good to rape too' ! Vile, disgusting behaviour

Indeed, and I'm sure the proprietors of any eating establishment, who are of a certain colour, put up with equally as much "vile, disgusting behaviour" every weekend.

Indeed, and I'm sure the proprietors of any eating establishment, who are of a certain colour, put up with equally as much "vile, disgusting behaviour" every weekend.

so because some twats give kebab shop owners cheek and crap, gives other a 'free pass' to racially abuse someone, spit at or threaten to rape a white woman- What planet are you on. And while I now people of ANY race are capable of the above, there have been quite a few recent cases as 'Asian looking' suspects (Police Scotland's wording when gave details of incidents) being responsible for sexual assaults and a few gang rapes in certains areas of Glasgow South Side.

so because some twats give kebab shop owners cheek and crap, gives other a 'free pass' to racially abuse someone, spit at or threaten to rape a white woman- What planet are you on. And while I now people of ANY race are capable of the above, there have been quite a few recent cases as 'Asian looking' suspects (Police Scotland's wording when gave details of incidents) being responsible for sexual assaults and a few gang rapes in certains areas of Glasgow South Side.

Seems you're a tad racist.

You focus on the "Asian looking" element, trying hard to soften it with ""ANY race" but, sorry, racist is pouring from your post.

Just my opinion you understand. bye1.gif