Jim Goodwin Liability

feel this needs a thread of its own

Jim Goodwin yet again let everyone at the club down with his headless chicken tackles and back chat.

ok folk saying he had 2 fouls etc and lasley had more not every foul merits a yellow but goodwins first tackle did and the second tackle could easily have been sent off.

He done it far to many times now booked early and youd be aswell just play with ten men cause thats all he offers is his tackling his passing is poor and general play poor and this guy is coaching our players.

Really feel he should just stay on the touchline he offers fek all on the pitch

when you compare him to teale hes the model pro goodwin isnt even a good footballer.

any one who was at carlisle will again realise that hes got some sort of suarez style that he simply just cant get out his game. stupid tacles that could break guys legs

119 appearances for Saints, 51 yellows, 4 reds.

Any stattos know the highest yellow cards : appearances record for a St Mirren player?!

I like seeing him in the team, but he does daft things. The Armstrong facesmash and today being the two most recent. He's also getting slower. Was spending a lot of time last season chasing people who had gone past him. Will need someone else in that position in the not too distant future, regardless of the discipline problems.

No matter how bad Goodwins fouls are he is highly likely to get booked, due to his style of play.

Now as a St Mirren supporter should you not get behind the team and support every individual player. The man will be absolutely devastated he got sent off today. And you come on here and call Jim Goodwin a liability. Shame on you.

Jim is his own worse enemy at times but he doesn't deserve to be called a liability.

feel this needs a thread of its own

Jim Goodwin yet again let everyone at the club down with his headless chicken tackles and back chat.

ok folk saying he had 2 fouls etc and lasley had more not every foul merits a yellow but goodwins first tackle did and the second tackle could easily have been sent off.

He done it far to many times now booked early and youd be aswell just play with ten men cause thats all he offers is his tackling his passing is poor and general play poor and this guy is coaching our players.

Really feel he should just stay on the touchline he offers fek all on the pitch

when you compare him to teale hes the model pro goodwin isnt even a good footballer.

any one who was at carlisle will again realise that hes got some sort of suarez style that he simply just cant get out his game. stupid tacles that could break guys legs

Utter nonsense....more boo boy pish from you as usual......thumbdown.gif

What was he sent off for anyway? I thought it was for a second yellow for back chat, but my next door neighbour - Motherwell supporter - was sitting behind the dug out area in the main stand and he said that while they were waiting for the free kick to be taken Goodwin elbowed the back of John Sutton's head and it was the stand side Assistant ref who saw it.

They guy is definitely a liability though. He's an Assistant Manager now, one of the most experienced players in the team, and he's done something stupid when on a yellow card. If he can't sort out his head he shouldn't be on the park.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

What was he sent off for anyway? I thought it was for a second yellow for back chat, but my next door neighbour - Motherwell supporter - was sitting behind the dug out area in the main stand and he said that while they were waiting for the free kick to be taken Goodwin elbowed the back of John Sutton's head and it was the stand side Assistant ref who saw it.

They guy is definitely a liability though. He's an Assistant Manager now, one of the most experienced players in the team, and he's done something stupid when on a yellow card. If he can't sort out his head he shouldn't be on the park.

Would've been a straight red for that no?

It's time to get a replacement in to give Goodwin competition for his place. He can be effective but like Hugh Murray is too prone to getting booked.

The difference was Shuggie wasn't prone to bad tackles, just persistent niggly fouls. He was similar to Keith Lasley actually.

When Shuggie got booked he cooled it and was rarely sent off (from memory anyway).

He certainly never courted the publicity by being banned for forearm smashes etc.

43 yellows, 3 reds and a retrospective ban for elbowing Stuart Armstrong. All in the last 3 years.

IMO, I dont see how he can be defended.

Shuggie was and always will be a legend who always played for the team. He got stuck in but was never dirty.

as for Goodwin.............Too many times we have defended him in the past.

Maybe Cheesy will defend him?

Although.....

Jim if your reading this its time to get your act together mate as you have TWO careers now so how do you expect respect from the players as team mates and a coach when YOU are letting not just the players and fans down but also the club ( your employer )

GET IT SORTED JIM.....NOW

It's 1st game of the season n so many we're say at half time well need to take Jim off he's going to get a red and he did. He's getting older n slower his 1 st foul was a terrible and late challenge.

If he wasn't a st mirren player we'd all hate him n be calling him a thug also.

I will continue to support him everytime he puts on a saints shirt but being honest I wish that was his last.

He's A marked man and doesn't help himself by late dangerous tackles

Edited by buddies1877

So now he hit sent of for an elbow on Sutton obv yet to see it

But please how can anyone defend him. He was on a yellow should have had a second yellow And then does that to sutton.

Snd he's not a liability if he's not then what is then

Compare him to our other coach. Teale model pro never sets a foot wrong Guy shouldn't be at out club.

I've defended him before bit I've now lost it for him

No matter how bad Goodwins fouls are he is highly likely to get booked, due to his style of play.

Now as a St Mirren supporter should you not get behind the team and support every individual player. The man will be absolutely devastated he got sent off today. And you come on here and call Jim Goodwin a liability. Shame on you.

Jim is his own worse enemy at times but he doesn't deserve to be called a liability.

He is a liability and i hope we see less of him this season than we did last.

Goodwin was immense at the end of last season. Played like a captain and kept the heid. When he is like that he is an absolute must in our team.

However he is being discriminated against now and does not seem to recognise it. He must help himself by not getting into stupid situations but the club must also protect him from unwarranted abuse. But the bottom line is its Jim's responsibility otherwise he should leave not just St Mirren but Scotland if he wants to continue a career in football.