Jim Goodwin Liability

Goodwin was immense at the end of last season. Played like a captain and kept the heid. When he is like that he is an absolute must in our team.

However he is being discriminated against now and does not seem to recognise it. He must help himself by not getting into stupid situations but the club must also protect him from unwarranted abuse. But the bottom line is its Jim's responsibility otherwise he should leave not just St Mirren but Scotland if he wants to continue a career in football.

He went close to Sutton... how is that a stupid situation?

The guy is being prevented from doing his job.

Checked out the highlights on YouTube and although the camera does not zoom in on the incident it does look like he's hit Sutton in the back with his elbow.

And the case for the prosecution after studying evidence is "looks like".

You do realise that in a court that would be inadmissible! !!

Jim Goodwin is the type of player every supporter should want in their team. A jersey til they die kind of player. Take no prisoners mentality. Yes he needs to rein it in now and again but we have been crying out for a player like him since the legend that is Billy Abercromby. Make no mistake, the SFA are clearly gunning for him again but stick by him. Eventually they will be shown up for the utter ring pieces that they are...

Never a foul, never mind a booking, in a million years.

Sutton wasn't even claiming anything.

Wonder if the TV will highlight it, now that it's been proven to have no substance to it.

It's time the club came out and backed the man and put pressure on this witch hunt

The man looked distraught coming off the pitch

Must be galling when you have committed only 2 fouls the whole game and they weren't serious and your off

Meanwhile McGinn and Lasley(Yet again) having a ding dong the whole game and no cards

Was at the game yesterday and Goody got booked for his first tackle. Lasley and Sutton had both committed 3 fouls each by then. Didn't see 2nd incident, but he should have been taken off by then as he had become ineffective.

I like him in the team but he really needs to look at himself.

PS the poster the put Goody and Billy Abercromby in the same sentence please go and see your doctor asap

Was at the game yesterday and Goody got booked for his first tackle. Lasley and Sutton had both committed 3 fouls each by then. Didn't see 2nd incident, but he should have been taken off by then as he had become ineffective.

PS the poster the put Goody and Billy Abercromby in the same sentence please go and see your doctor asap

Snap ! lol.gif

It's time the club came out and backed the man and put pressure on this witch hunt

The man looked distraught coming off the pitch

Must be galling when you have committed only 2 fouls the whole game and they weren't serious and your off

Meanwhile McGinn and Lasley(Yet again) having a ding dong the whole game and no cards

To be fair, they have done in the past.

However, in this case I feel that either TC or Gary Teale should make it clear to the media that the decision was wrong and that TV evidence backs this up. A comment about officials and players being "out to get" Goodwin wouldn't go amiss either.

I would have thought so. It's surely beyond the point of defense though. Goodwin clearly has something in his head that makes him think he's a victim, but the truth is the victims yesterday were his teammates that he's yet again let down with his stupidity.

There wasn't any foul, as has already been pointed out and TV pictures back this up.

The officials f**ked up badly.

If he was sent off for nothing yesterday then it actually makes the situation even worse.

It means that in 2 of our last 6 games we have had a player sent off, not for what he has done on the day, but for what he has done in the past. If that's not a liability then I don't know what is.

It's not about whether Jim is in the right or wrong, it's about the position we find himself in with him. He's a marked man, and I don't think that's going to change.

Notwithstanding the fact that Jim Goodwin is a cup-winning captain, the team is better with him in midfield, doing the dirty work. Great example is how poor John McGinn was at Carlisle without him there, and how well he played yesterday.

Forums such as this are good to promote people's opinions and stimulate debate, so mine is that this thread and some of the comments within are absolutely cringeworthy. It is bad enough that Jim Goodwin is targeted by opposition fans, players and even, it would appear, officials without his own 'supporters' turning on him at every opportunity.

Perhaps we'd be happier if Jim Goodwin was as cute as Keith Lasley, making the most of any contact, time wasting, etc. His cheating yesterday was blatant, but poor, weak officiating saw him almost coast through the game without fear of action being taken against him.

Everyone is disappointed about yesterday's result but to single out one player is ridiculous - why not a 'Greg Wylde Liability' thread, given that his final ball - if decent - would've won us the game quite comfortably, or how he missed that chance when clean through? I'm not advocating this thread to be created, fwiw.

Let's look at the positives - we played good football, were solid and comfortable for the most part and had 20 efforts on goal. Keep the faith, Buddies, and let's smash this mob from Hamilton!!.

Both St Mirren Cup winning Captains always going to be in the same sentence