Jim Goodwin Liability

Am now coming round to the view, that despite being one of my favourite St Mirren players from the last few decades he is now a lost cause. The ball is going out for a bye kick and the Dundee United player jostles with him and its all no big deal until he throws another elbow out. Does he make much contact? Probably not. Are there other incidents from the SPL at the weekend with some minor afters as balls go out the park? Yes. Goodwin is a senior pro and coach in a team where we rely on him to be the brains of the team and guide the young guys breaking into the team through the rough and tumble of SPL games and protect some of our guys built like Reilly and Drury. Looking like another 2 or 3 game before Christmas and at a time when Plummer, Osbourne, Thompson are all out meaning we are short of defensive options, dig in midfield and experienced players.

I've been highly critical of Goodwin in the past but I'm not so sure there's much in this one.

I'm more concerned about the first 2 goals he shipped.

I agree. Don't see him looking back and his reaction is almost as the boy runs in to him. If it's a taller player then its a complete non issue, just happens to be a midget running in to his elbow!

The fact he went MIA during the goals is far more concerning.

Nothing in that at all!

Nobody would be talking about that if it wasn't Goodwin. Getting a bit tired of the same "protect our talented youngsters" pish from United.

Your right no one would give it much attention if it wasn't goodwin, if it was cheesy I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's not someone doing it for the first time, it's Goodwin, again. He hasnt earned the benefit of the doubt.

What's this, the 5th or 6th time?

Your right no one would give it much attention if it wasn't goodwin, if it was cheesy I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's not someone doing it for the first time, it's Goodwin, again. He hasnt earned the benefit of the doubt.

What's this, the 5th or 6th time?

He doesn't need the benefit of the doubt, because there is no doubt. There was nothing in that at all, if anything it is a booking for the United player for clattering up the back of Goodwin when he isn't within playing distance of the ball.

Anyone on here defending that needs to have a serious look at themselves.

It is indefensible. A clear and deliberate elbow from Goodwin.

Enough has to be enough. We can't allow our club to be dragged down like this.

Much as I love Goodie I totally agree.

I can't believe this is being downplayed.

Yes the wee forward was nipping at him... but that was a deliberate elbow that could have caused real harm. There was no need for it and it was intentional.

Enough is enough.

I fear a lengthy ban for this one.

He doesn't need the benefit of the doubt, because there is no doubt. There was nothing in that at all, if anything it is a booking for the United player for clattering up the back of Goodwin when he isn't within playing distance of the ball.

Fair enough thats your view,

I think you are being absolutly delusional, Goodwin gets barged in the back, agreed, but it hardly made him break stride, Goodwin then fires an elbow (totally unnaturally) at the face of the DU player

You have your view and I have mine, Im sick of Goodwin pulling stunts like this, hes nearly 33years old for f**ks sake. You think hes hard done by.....