Jim Goodwin Liability

I've defended goody quite a lot of times but this is enough he is again cost us again , I hear Plummer is fit but we will miss him like the hamiltion game but it's his own fault and nobody can really defend him. If it was his first or second time could understand but this is getting beyond a Joke , what image is he setting to our younger players sort yourself out goody I was at the game I know they had been a few tackles on him that went unpunished but you can't act like that , overall he has let us down and I can see it costing us especially if plummer isn't fit and we have a make shift defence.

We depend on Goodwin to play well and be a leader. He is now heading for missing one third of the season so far due to being suspended for stupid off the ball / handbags scuffles. With Plummer, Osbourne, McGinn and Thompson all out we can't afford to be without him at a time when we are playing poorly, on our second bad run of the season, hovering just above the drop zone and short of defenders, dig in midfield and fit, experienced players. Time for either a maximum fine from the club and a final warning or to actually show one of the club's best players the door.

Goodwin has only himself to blame. There is NO need to react in that wayto the United player niggling him. He has enough experience in the game to know that it will only end badly. Yes he's being watched more carefully than most, but thats because of his track record in doing stupid things.

So plays Thistle game game then out until December 14th...quality captaincy

3rd retrospective ban in addition to

last 100 games 44 yellows & 4 reds

.... way wayyyy out in front of any other player this season.... again..... and if you compare him to someone who has to stop the best Premiership players week in week out....Lee Cattermole is the least disciplined player in The Premiership and even he has a booking rate of just over 1 in 3 games compared to Goodwin's near 1 in 2.
It does seem clear that Jim can not play a reasonable standard of football within the rules and is totally incapable of controlling his impulsive reactions

Edited by WirralSaint

It's another extremely embarrassing situation for Goodwin and our club. I have lost count of the number of similar incidents he has been involved in like this since joining the club.

I was texting a mate earlier today talking about the general apathy around the whole club. It's like the club has slipped into a self induced coma.

Does Goodwin do a lot of stupid, unnecessary things in games? Yes

Do the BBC (and that wee fanny Jonathan Sutherland, in particular) highlight incidents involving Goodwin more than they do with incidents involving Lee McCulloch, Keith Lasley, Scott Brown, Ian Black etc? Yes.

Do the BBC (and that wee fanny Jonathan Sutherland, in particular) highlight incidents involving Goodwin more than they do with incidents involving Lee McCulloch, Keith Lasley, Scott Brown, Ian Black etc? Yes.

happy.png

Does Suarez have a player biting urge that sometimes causes him issues in games ..........yes

Does Goodwin have a lunging arm / elbow urge to players that sometimes causes him issues............yes

In both these cases, no matter how its portrayed, opposite extremes of the game granted, however despite any provocation, there is clear repeat history. In these players cases it's their own responsibility to control themselves, and when they can't it has consequences. No one else is to blame................

Secondary to Goodwin's stupidity and for the record,

Does BBC Scotland grind my gears............... yes

Does BBC Scotland / Sportscene make me cringe .................yes

Does BBC Scotland / Jonathan Sutherland have the hots for Goodwin...........yes

Well, the simple solution is "Jim, just don't f*cking DO these things". Then they'll have to move on to another subject.

I don't for one moment condone Jim's actions but it transpires it is only BBC that make an issue it. It was not reported in the Sunday papers I read. I just want a degree of fairness here. The SFA just chose to ignore Celtic's Dutch Centre Back's shocking tackle on the Partick player the other week. The four officials at Dundee saw nothing wrong. I am personally fed up of "trial by sportscene".

Regrettably Jim has committed one-too-many brain-dead assaults imo especially when you take into account our current desperate injury list combined with the run of horrendous results and pwerformances. The time has finally arrived when the club should seriously review Jim's future with the club. This type of behaviour should not be tolerated for a player let alone a coach. However I won't be holding my breath in light of the total apathy and ineptness now hanging over those in charge at GHR.

He has been a good club servant and no doubt well respected for his playing ability and is a good guy to have in the dressing room - but only if you ignore his delinquent and imbecile behaviour on the pitch.

The BBC cannot be blamed for highlighting the behaviour of someone with Jim's past record of misdemeanours.

It's a bitter pill for us, you can find loads to admire about JG yet he still finds new ways (or the same way over and over) to undermine all his efforts.

I doubt that any of his incidents are the worst examples of foul play in the league, he just happens to ALWAYS have a camera on him and all of the incidents are unnecessary. There are no last-man tackles there or sorting out a thug from the other side-it's just him taking out players that are usually young and inexperienced.

It doesnt matter that he is not the worst-he should simply know better by this time.

On balance if the club were to contest this and cite the recent Kris Boyd (was it a head butt) case as a precedent then i think Goody would get off with it!

In the footage his elbow doesn't swing back beyond his body, it stops in line with his core so he has a case to say he was just keeping his form as he was about to be barged for the second time even as he left the field of play. Anyone looking in from the club??? defo worth contesting on the above grounds since Boyd got his red card rescinded for his infringement.

In fact i expect a full and frank apology from the compliance officer, and £20k compensation to be paid to Jim for the smear on his good character.

Aff to get checked for my new specs noo.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Jim Goodwin is a total and utter liability and he has shown that three times in the one game on Saturday. The leave of absense he took during two of Uniteds goals and thie blatent elbow to the young boys face were ridiculous.

It's not a surprise to me that we're shipping goal after goal if this is one of the clowns coaching our squad of players on how to defend. We're currently on a run of horrendous form and with injuries/lack of depth, we need all the remaining players in our squad to be fit and ready to play. Instead Goodwin creates a situation where he could be banned and miss a few important games and leave us even shorter in numbers.

Get him off the payroll out of the club for good.

I don't for one moment condone Jim's actions but it transpires it is only BBC that make an issue it. It was not reported in the Sunday papers I read. I just want a degree of fairness here. The SFA just chose to ignore Celtic's Dutch Centre Back's shocking tackle on the Partick player the other week. The four officials at Dundee saw nothing wrong. I am personally fed up of "trial by sportscene".

To be fair to the Beeb (and I don't like doing that), it was United who made an issue of it first by uploading their match footage.

From the minute I saw the incident on TV I reckoned this was the most likely outcome and can't understand the thinking behind those posters trying to downplay it.

Yup JG is a marked man but we've known that since last season and it's up to him not to give ammunition to those wishing to single him out.

There's never a good time to lose a player of his importance to the team but now seems a particularly bad one.

Oh well, onwards and hopefully upwards, it's a chance to reshuffle a team that not been playing with any great purpose for the bulk of the season, let's hope we can use this to improve our fortunes.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Apparently the club will not contest the charge.

Real depressing time following this club at the moment. Everything seems so negative at the moment. It's been on a downwards spiral since the Cup Final. Funnily enough the club did the same after 87 cup win.......downward spiral which eventually ended in relegation. Sadly I feel history is going to repeat itself. What a shame that after all the great work this board has done for the club it all seems to be unravelling.