Jim Goodwin Liability

Jim Goodwin has paid the price by losing his coaching role at the club so I wish people would let him have his last chance and look at how he keeps the defence together like he did yesterday by giving instructions on the park. If St Mirren don't want him then be rest assured another Scottish premiership team will sign him. Glad he wears the St Mirren strip. On that note get rid of our new ugly strip been an unlucky one

Jim Goodwin has paid the price by losing his coaching role at the club so I wish people would let him have his last chance and look at how he keeps the defence together like he did yesterday by giving instructions on the park. If St Mirren don't want him then be rest assured another Scottish premiership team will sign him. Glad he wears the St Mirren strip. On that note get rid of our new ugly strip been an unlucky one

Goodwin was fantastic on Saturday. Not only on a personal playing level but also in encouraging the youngsters. More than once I saw him talking to Mallan and McLear in a seemingly positive manner.

Edited by stlucifer

Paul Hartley in the paper today saying that Dundee are needing a utility player who can play in midfield or centre half and that they are close to an agreement. I don't like to post this after he had his best shift this season on Saturday, but we have demoted him from a coaching role and somebody posted on here that he had been told he was free to find a new club in January (though that might have been speculation) and of course, Hartley is fond of ex saints.

I for one would not be a happy bunny if Goody left in Jan especially to a rival. Besides the fact we barely have 11 decent players in the squad to make up a team and Goody is one of the best, he is an inspiration and mentor when he plays like he did on Saturday. Goody must stay!

Goodwin was fantastic again yesterday.

Even took a couple of few elbows from McPake & Clarkson and done well not to react.

He had one mad moment in the first half when he got sucked out and left a massive hole in the defence. He repeatedly slapped himself on the forehead straight after, the wake up call worked because he was brilliant after this.

Indeed, Jim played a solid game yesterday and didn't react, Kevin Thomson had to turn his "get someone sent off" tactics to Isaac, whom i thought would have landed one on him if not held back by fellow buds. Despicable tactics from Thomson.

To be fair it was a pretty horrific tackle from Ozzy that led to that incident with Thomson

Goodwin got caught out of position a couple of times. Good attitude though, it was good to see him leading and giving orders despite his recent demotion. He was really giving Wylde a hard time at the end for losing the ball on the half way line and not getting it up to the corner. Rightly so, I don't know what the hell Wylde thought he was doing.