Cheesy

It's an absolute disgrace that people spout horrendous abuse to a boy that is a life long, dedicated, St.Mirren fan. All because his dad has a position on the board.

Marc McAusland is the best centre back we have at the club and the fact he's a supporter of the club is a bonus. We should be getting behind the guy, not slating him.

In Cheeseball we trust!!

he played well today, i also heard today he is the highest paid player at smfc and is on £3k per week

Wonder if that's the same guy who told me a double decker bus was photo'd on the dark side of the moon and that NASA refused EMI the photo for the 40th anniversary release of Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon cover.

As for Cheesy's wage, think about it logically.

St. Mirren's total wage bill is circa £2 million in the last accounts that I looked at. That info is available to anyone.

If someone was getting £3k per week basic then that would account for 7.5% of the entire wage bill (or approx 1/13th).

You need to pay the wages of the other 17/18 first team squad players, plus all the bonuses, plus the manager and other coaching staff, plus Brian Caldwell, plus all the admin staff, plus Campbell Kennedy, plus the youth players, plus Longwell and his wee boys, etc, etc.

If Cheesy is getting £3k per week then gulf between him and the rest must be massive.

Logically, I don't think that is possible.

No he's not, you heard wrong

Are you not proud of the fact we have helped to make Marc a millionaire Ed.I,ve heard through the grapevine that he,s bought Stanely castle because it has a dam to pursue his love of fishing.Young Ian has been hired as his ghillie.David Gordon is his caddie up at the Bushes Golf Club and he,s considering buying the club with his spare change.Hope the money doesn,t go to his head.

Serious bit now.

Composed display yesterday from Marc ably assisted by Plummer.Good partnership in the making here.I was worried he was rushing himself back too soon and could not have been faulted if he had gave himself another week or two to recover fully but thats not Marc.He was desperate to play,desperate to show his mettle and he did not let us down.A final message to the hate brigade and you know who you are.Get it round ye.

He's a liability

How can you possible call anyone a liability. None not one of your bubbling under predictions happened this season just like last season. Even last week you hit the forum with player signing next day. What a scream try sticking to supporting the team if you understand what that entails

I beg to differ. He is the highest paid player at club.

He is not on 3k a week and you reckon he is higher paid than Thommo?

I couldn't tell you who is the highest paid player at the club but I know Marc is not in £3k a week.

Edited by davidg

I like Mark and hope he does well for us.

But am I the only one who thinks he should have done better at the Motherwell goal? No anticipation at all that the ball would be parried out and never really matched the run of the Motherwell player (who was on his toes).

But am I the only one who thinks he should have done better at the Motherwell goal? No anticipation at all that the ball would be parried out and never really matched the run of the Motherwell player (who was on his toes).

If you're going to find fault with any player at the goal then it probably would be Kello.

As a centre half, you can't legislate for your keeper parrying the ball back in to the danger zone.

Here is the only fact you need to know. He is NOT getting paid 3k per week. How do I know this? Because he told me!!! And Saint Paul i thought that at the time but watching it back he's followed the boy from the halfway line back into our box. The ball breaks out right into his path so i can't agree he never matched his run?

I thought this at first also and said this in the match day thread but having watched it back he tracked the run and was in fact goal side of the Well player.

Fair enough guys, I think he could have done a bit better but hey-ho.

Also, the main culprit was clearly Kello, just wondered what folk thought of Mark’s part in it.

Well done to us and having a civil conversation about Mark MacAusland – a first for this site! thumbup2.gif

Edited by SaintPaul

I thought this at first also and said this in the match day thread but having watched it back he tracked the run and was in fact goal side of the Well player.

Yes. But he moved toward goal leaving the Motherwell player time and space. Partly to blame AFAIC. One misjudgement in an otherwise great performance which, unfortunately, cost us big time.