I Know Keith Jackson's An Arse , But .......................

Aw FFS !

Yir just gonnae upset jOe with that statement.

Helmets oan !

In all seriousness though, I have, for a long time, disagreed strongly with the idea of clubs that ban the press from the premises, as it cheats the fans out of knowing what's going on in general (not in terms of scandal, etc).

However, I can fully understand WHY some clubs elect to take this route, especially when it comes to morons posing as reputable and creditable reporters such as Jackson, who are out looking for nothing more than half-truths and twisted words to turn into scandal.

Think about it logically

kello, ridgers, plummer, McLean, ball, marwood, tesselaar and Caldwell all signed contracts for tc this summer

while Goodwin and teale accepted roles as assistant coaches

that's 10 of a small squad who we can discount from being unhappy

so who does that leave?

is it really likely that young boys like naismith, Kelly and mcginn are going to be so unhappy about it to start causing problems?

is cheesy going to be upset when it was his old man who had a part in appointing him?

wylde has only been at the club a few months

Steven Thompson has just been made captain

anyone left?

the story doesn't even make sense

Club are furious about this "rumour" which is completely without foundation.

Team spirit is apparently superb, very tight dressing room and all the players right behind the management team.

No idea where the story came from.

Everyone focused on Weds nights game and trying to build on the positive aspects of Saturday's performance.

That came pretty much from the horses mouth.

Maybe we should start a rumour about Jackson and see how the supercilious cúnt likes it.

I'll start.

I heard there was a rumour that he's a competent journalist.....................................

Maybe we should start a rumour about Jackson and see how the supercilious cúnt likes it.

I'll start.

I heard there was a rumour that he's a competent journalist.....................................

Surely it has to remotely believable to gather some momentum?

I'll start.

That won't do at all, rumours are supposed to be a little bit believable :wink:

Edit: great minds think alike DLBud!

Edited by ulysses

There isn't a single journo out there with a positive thing to say about our club. Arses the lot of them!

There isn't a single sports journalist in Scotland, they're all reporters. For me a journalist will fully investigate a story, check the facts and then tell the story. The people who write in the sports pages in Scotland will go to a press conference and then write whatever Delia, Harltey, McCoist or any other ex OF player who is now a manager tells them to. For the rest of the clubs they will edit the comments to tell whatever they want. I thought we all learnt that a couple of years ago when all the reporters were hanging over Craig Shite's every word and then again wnhe Chuckie boy appeared on the scene.

Wylde's comments certainly support Jackson's thesis ...... http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/saint-gregg-flying-on-express-train-175981n.25023568

....tosser ......

Some really great wee quotes in that interview. Particularly like how the manager told them they're 3 points behind already. Shows that he wants to really push us on this year. Good stuff.