Adam Drury

linwood bud

Hartley should have come in before Dundee got him. Just my own opinion Ian. Tommy Craig should have gone along with Danny and fresh approach taken.

I don't remember ned calling for DL's head during the season. Hartley would be off to a bad start as Saints boss if he had decided to retain Harkins and McGowan.

I don't remember ned calling for DL's head during the season. Hartley would be off to a bad start as Saints boss if he had decided to retain Harkins and McGowan.

I remember the whole Saints support singing "Don't sell McGowan" not that long ago. A year later we kick him out the door because the manager can't be bothered with his attitude, or Harkins (or Imrie, Guy etc etc). The place seems to be run like a social club. We should have management than get the best out of players, even those Tommy Craig wouldn't like to go for a pint with.

How do we know the manager didn't want to keep Mcgowan? Did he actually say this? For all we know he was told to move him on to save money by the board. I believe that we are cutting costs even more which is why we let so many go and not brought in any established players. This is also why we went for the cheap management options.

I had heard from a reliable source (2nd hand admittedly) that McGowan was shown the door because, not only was his attitude rotten, but it was starting to infect some of the young players in the squad. If that's true, and again I admit there's no way of proving it, then there was no choice but to let him go.

How do we know the manager didn't want to keep Mcgowan? Did he actually say this? For all we know he was told to move him on to save money by the board. I believe that we are cutting costs even more which is why we let so many go and not brought in any established players. This is also why we went for the cheap management options.

You think the manager is being told by the board how to use his budget?

Complete nonsense. The manager is free to use the playing budget how he pleases. We could have kept McGowan if we wanted - he wanted to stay - but we didn't want him.