Adam Drury

linwood bud

Is this your guess or have you actually heard the manager say this?

What do you expect, a statement after he was released? We don't ever do that with any player, it would be bad form. Why do it with McGowan?

He was rubbish for us last season, he is a convicted criminal, and he was one of our top earners.

It baffles me how people still don't understand why he was released.

Are we pursuing this deal, and if so why?

Once again we are approaching the end of the transfer window with two recognized CH's - unless Tesselar can do a job there we're just waiting for injury or suspension to hit us at the back just like the absinthe of The Thommohawk Kid has done up front.

At least there seems to be some options at the back but what of the holding midfield role if whistling.gif (and when) Goodwin is unavailable again - I realize the potential difficulty of getting a quality player in to sit on the bench as Goodwin will be first pick for this position but something has to be sorted before the transfer window closes we can't rely on a 19-y-o to fill this position successfully. For me Tesselar should maybe have been tried as Goodwin's replacement as we could have played Kelly at LB.

Are we pursuing this deal, and if so why?

Once again we are approaching the end of the transfer window with two recognized CH's - unless Tesselar can do a job there we're just waiting for injury or suspension to hit us at the back just like the absinthe of The Thommohawk Kid has done up front.

At least there seems to be some options at the back but what of the holding midfield role if whistling.gif (and when) Goodwin is unavailable again - I realize the potential difficulty of getting a quality player in to sit on the bench as Goodwin will be first pick for this position but something has to be sorted before the transfer window closes we can't rely on a 19-y-o to fill this position successfully. For me Tesselar should maybe have been tried as Goodwin's replacement as we could have played Kelly at LB.

Did someone not say that Kelly was a good centre half. Perhaps he could have played there with Plummer in the holding MF role?

Think Plummer would do great in the holding role. Reads a game like a book. Calm and composed. Good forward runs against Motherwell, and passes well. Unfortunately he is needed in the back four as there is sod-all else.

Agreed. He looks to me like a player who has the necessary attributes to play holding MF.

Still 'considering his options' but the deal's not dead yet.

FFS, this lad isn't Messi, we should move on if Ie is fannying about. The position he plays isn't a priority, so I can't see what we're achieving by waiting around on the kid making up his mind.