Opinion Of The New Spfl

Hello all,

I am student who is studying towards a MS.c in Business and Management. As part of my course, I am to complete a project on the marketing on the SPFL. To do so, I am looking for the input of St Mirren fans on various themes, listed below, re the SPFL. If you would like to post any comments, regarding one or more of the themes, it would be much appreciated.

Themes:

1. How do you view the standard of the product

For example:

- do you think the players/facilities/coaches are good enough?

- is it too predictable/not enough variety?

-not exciting enough?

- is the absence of Rangers/Hibs/Hearts going to affect the top flight?

-does it represent good value for money?

2. Has the rebranding/restructuring of the SPFL made any initial differences

For example:

-does the logo and league structure differentiate SPFL from competitors? (is very similar to the English set up)

-will Scottish football become improve or become more competitive?

-any issues re number of teams/schedule/winter breaks etc

3. Following Scottish football

For example:

-is Scottish football under exposed in the media?

-is the product accessible enough (any issues attending, such as price of tickets/travel)

4. How would you improve the SPFL

Thank you for reading!

OK... happy to help

.. been saying this for about 10-15 years now!!!

Stop teams relying on TV cash and encourage spectators to return by reducing costs.

Initially there will be a rrduction in income... but clubs can learn to spend no more than a certain percentage of their income in wages, and concentrate on youth development.

A number of clubs are well suited to that transition... sadly, some clubs have been so badly run for so long there won't be any agreement until it is too late, tv has abandoned the game, and there are too few remaining fans to save it!!!

See German football for a great example of giving the game back to the fans.

Hello all,

I am student who is studying towards a MS.c in Business and Management. As part of my course, I am to complete a project on the marketing on the SPFL. To do so, I am looking for the input of St Mirren fans on various themes, listed below, re the SPFL. If you would like to post any comments, regarding one or more of the themes, it would be much appreciated.

Themes:

For example:

-not exciting enough?

For example:

-does the logo and league structure differentiate SPFL from competitors? (is very similar to the English set up)

For example:

-is the product accessible enough (any issues attending, such as price of tickets/travel)

Thank you for reading!

1/ No change - except the fancy new name. The absence of the tribute act is difficult t gauge as they have never played in the premier league. They're previous incarnation has certainly not been missed and has led to a much less vile atmosphere at certain games. The two Edinburgh clubs got what they deserved.

2/ No change - except we're still lacking a sponsor

3/ Scottish football is totally under exposed by the media and even the SPFL who just care about two clubs from Glasgow and I'm not talking about Queens Park and Partick Thistle.

4/ Get Doncaster to f**k

Hello all,

Themes:

For example:

- do you think the players/facilities/coaches are good enough? (Compared to? . Can we have the German / Argentina / squad distributed throughout the Clubs to improve standards?

- is it too predictable/not enough variety? No. No-one gives a f**k who wins the League outwith the OF. For the rest of us it is exciting.

-not exciting enough? Most exciting League in years last season.

- is the absence of Rangers/Hibs/Hearts going to affect the top flight? Not one bit - they all got relegated on merit.

-does it represent good value for money? No

For example:

-does the logo and league structure differentiate SPFL from competitors? (is very similar to the English set up) Who cares about the logo?

-will Scottish football become improve or become more competitive? Because of ??????

-any issues re number of teams/schedule/winter breaks etc Football is a winter sport. Don't even think of summer football.

For example:

-is Scottish football under exposed in the media? Scottish football, Yes. The OF, No.

-is the product accessible enough (any issues attending, such as price of tickets/travel) Too expensive. Away fans should gain entry for £5. Home fans £10

Send Celtic, Doncaster and Keith Jackson to Engerland.

All clubs in Administration automatically seek re-election at Div 3. Clubs being liquidated lose their name and all previous history.

Thank you for reading!

Is this a serious questionnaire for a MSc? Looks like something a schoolboy would type up (no offence meant but its awful).

Hello all,

Themes:

For example:

- do you think the players/facilities/coaches are good enough? (Compared to? . Can we have the German / Argentina / squad distributed throughout the Clubs to improve standards?

- is it too predictable/not enough variety? No. No-one gives a f**k who wins the League outwith the OF. For the rest of us it is exciting.

-not exciting enough? Most exciting League in years last season.

- is the absence of Rangers/Hibs/Hearts going to affect the top flight? Not one bit - they all got relegated on merit.

-does it represent good value for money? No

For example:

-does the logo and league structure differentiate SPFL from competitors? (is very similar to the English set up) Who cares about the logo?

-will Scottish football become improve or become more competitive? Because of ??????

-any issues re number of teams/schedule/winter breaks etc Football is a winter sport. Don't even think of summer football.

For example:

-is Scottish football under exposed in the media? Scottish football, Yes. The OF, No.

-is the product accessible enough (any issues attending, such as price of tickets/travel) Too expensive. Away fans should gain entry for £5. Home fans £10

Send Celtic, Doncaster and Keith Jackson to Engerland.

All clubs in Administration automatically seek re-election at Div 3. Clubs being liquidated lose their name and all previous history.

Thank you for reading!

Is this a serious questionnaire for a MSc? Looks like something a schoolboy would type up (no offence meant but its awful).

To be fair...your answers to what you call an "awful" questionnaire are pretty shabby...don't know if you are going for the ultra patronising keyboard thug appeal or the more unintelligible dribble approach...

Thank you for all you comments.

Re Sonny, sorry the questionnaire was not up to your high standards, but cheers for your input anyways!!

The rebranding/restructuring is important, because in the SPFL's own words they are trying to create a "more attractive & commercially viable product". I agree with the goal, cause Scottish football at the moment is neither of them in my opinion, but judging by your responses the initial reaction to the change is negative. Has this affected your attendance/watching of matches? Or are you going to do this regardless?

Re BuddieinEK - do you not think that TV exposure is essential so that as many people as possible get to watch the game? I would agree that attendance is an issue, however I think that TV money is a requirement in modern football.

Re Sonny, sorry the questionnaire was not up to your high standards, but cheers for your input anyways!!

The rebranding/restructuring is important, because in the SPFL's own words they are trying to create a "more attractive & commercially viable product". I agree with the goal, cause Scottish football at the moment is neither of them in my opinion, but judging by your responses the initial reaction to the change is negative. Has this affected your attendance/watching of matches? Or are you going to do this regardless?

Re BuddieinEK - do you not think that TV exposure is essential so that as many people as possible get to watch the game? I would agree that attendance is an issue, however I think that TV money is a requirement in modern football.

I would think that most folk on here watch football because they support St Mirren and whether the product is either attractive or commercially viable makes a whole lot of difference to them turning up to watch their team.

Tell me why don't you think that Scottish is neither attractive or commercially viable and what you would do to change it. Also if you could tell me the last time Scottish football, in your opinion, was either of these things??

Hello all,

Themes:

For example:

-not exciting enough?

For example:

For example:

Thank you for reading!

Hello all,

Themes:

For example:

-not exciting enough?

For example:

For example:

Thank you for reading!

1/ Budget dictates what standard of player comes to your club however this season is looking promising.

At this time I'm happy with the manager seems to be putting a good squad together.

St Mirren is an extremely well run club , if a penny does not come in a penny does not go out. Another good point is in recent years we have promoted staff within the club.

Variety - The league structure is fixed to help maintain clubs stay in the league. There is been a slight improvement with one play off place. Though I would prefer to see two automatically relegated , third bottom goes into a play off also expand the league to 16 teams.

Value for money - Buying a season ticket at St Mirren represents good value. Hospitality day for me represents a fantastic day out at the football for a reasonable charge.

Away day's can be very expensive - There should be a nominal fee across the board not different price structure for away fans like there is now.

2/ Same same but not different really don't see the point of the name change unless there was going to be radical change in the structure of the product which is not the case.

Competitive - Everything is geared towards keeping the old firm happy. Also why are clubs aloud to run up so much debt when clubs such as St Mirren work within their budgets. There should be a rule where by you can only have so much debt to your income. This is the most important part of change I would like to see.

4 week winter break with a 4 week extension into warmer weather.

3/ When ESPEN were covering Scottish football I got to see highlights of Scottish football in Brazil and even Africa unfortunately this no longer is the case. Would like to see BBC extend there coverage to all Scottish leagues and make the programme one hour long. Smaller clubs are needing better exposure.

Scottish international team - nightmare getting tickets for bigger games the ones you want to go to. Away tickets are worse unless you are a member of the SFA tartan army club which works on a point system of the games you attended.

4/ A lot of the above. Having no sponsor for a few seasons is nothing short of disgraceful I would go far as to say Neil Doncaster is a hindrance this man has made many mistakes and should be removed as soon as possible.

Essential?

Absolutely not.

Filling the stadiums and assuring teams of another few generations of supporters is more important than tv exposure.

Most folks who follow Daints do not do so because they once saw us on the telly... it is generally because someone took them along!