Other Teams You Support...

esaciar

Domestic football - St Mirren.

English football - Newcastle United.

American football - Denver Broncos.

Aussie rugby league - Manly Sea Eagles.

Soft spots for Liverpool, Sunderland, Leeds, and for no known reason. Hibs. Don't ask me to explain it, I've always liked Hibs and like to see them do well as long as it isn't against us.

I wish you hadn't said 'don't ask why', as that is a fairly mixed up bunch of teams to support and have soft spots for, so I'll take a guess. Newcastle, Liverpool and Sunderland must be something to do with the Geordie accent, and the fact Newcastle have always provided Liverpool with players, keegan, Beardsley, Carrol etc. Hibs? Can only think that you feel sorry for them as they are consistently the only 'top' team we are better than.

• 1 year later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34344057

Hurrah! In the annual race between St Mirren and Newcastle United to see who gets to this stage first.... Looks like Newcastle are in pole position this season... Until Alloa.

I blame the black and white stripes, much as I like them. Just looka at zebras. I used to think the black and white stripes made them stand out like a Prod in the old Parkhead Jungle, but out in the savanna it's actually great camouflage. Just ask the starving lions, leopards and cheetahs out in Africa. Makes the zebras near invisible and that's what happens when Saints and Dunfermline players try to pass to a teammate. They can't spot them nine times out of ten. It's obvious when you think about it. I'm doing a thesis on it and have high hopes of a doctorate resulting.

Devastated that Torquay are struggling, saw them as kid and just stuck. Like Leicester cause they score goals. But this week I like the Welsh Rugby Team and The Aussies. Only hate two teams- Liverpool do my nut in, never forgive them for beating us on pens, and Sevco cause they still breathe

I blame the black and white stripes, much as I like them. Just looka at zebras. I used to think the black and white stripes made them stand out like a Prod in the old Parkhead Jungle, but out in the savanna it's actually great camouflage. Just ask the starving lions, leopards and cheetahs out in Africa. Makes the zebras near invisible and that's what happens when Saints and Dunfermline players try to pass to a teammate. They can't spot them nine times out of ten. It's obvious when you think about it. I'm doing a thesis on it and have high hopes of a doctorate resulting.

Eh Juve? Think its down to honest fact that both Newcastle and us, hate to say it, are pish

Devastated that Torquay are struggling, saw them as kid and just stuck. Like Leicester cause they score goals. But this week I like the Welsh Rugby Team and The Aussies. Only hate two teams- Liverpool do my nut in, never forgive them for beating us on pens, and Sevco cause they still breathe

When I was a lad, Torquay used to regularly kick off late on a Saturday evening. Do you know why this was?

Was at a game this weekend where, after yet another poor result, the football club fired their under-performing manager less than a day later. The manager in question is reportedly a nice guy, but was extremely quiet and reserved, unable to inspire or enthuse his team. His teams' performances have been distinguished by being unable to hold onto leads, unable to create much offensively, and a lethargic defence - despite spending money in that area and bringing in some big names....

Dolphins were shit... New York Jets gubbed them. Go Jets.

Edited by pozbaird

• 3 weeks later...

Scottish Football - St. Mirren (of course, no other).

English Football - Wrexham (strong family ties), as well as passing fancies for Man City, Newcastle, Arsenal.

Italian Football - AS Roma.

German Football - Borussia Dortmund or St. Pauli.

Spanish Football - Atletico Madrid or Barcelona.

NFL - Cincinnati Bengals.

Aussie Rules - Collingwood.

GAA - Fermanagh.

MLB - Colorado Rockies.

Rugby - Glasgow Warriors.