Alleged Best League In The World

Mid Calder Saint

I'd watch any football if I have a chance and I have. A good game is entertaining no matter the level, the country or the money involved. La Liga can be dull if Barca are turning over a smaller team.

Obviously Scottish football is what I see a lot of. It isn't in great shape, but it can be entertaining and teams can play out some good games. There is a lot of poor games in there too and there is an argument it's over-priced. However compared to other European leagues it isn't so bad. It doesn't match the top leagues, but few do

If the English Premiership is over-rated, it is nothing to the Championship. The sums of money for some very average players is unbelievable and some of the games are worse than an SPL match.

A close game, even if it doesn't lots of skill, can, as you say, be very entertaining.

To compare Scottish football to English top flight is hilarious.

As Poz said, you get good games/poor games in every league but the good games in England will have more class and quality than you will see in Scotland.

As I mentioned, purely subjective as people see a good game in many different ways.

I like English games, generally hard fought, competitive, usually plenty of skill and great goals every week.

So it should be considering the cost of their team. What a totally uneven playing field the EPL is.

Aye, you wouldn't get that happening in the wonderful Scottish Premiership would you? Oh wait. I think I remember Celtic beating Dundee United 6-1 at the weekend. :rolleyes:

Scott Arfield scored for Burnley. Superb first half, the second half petered out a bit with Chelsea choosing to shut out the game.

The thing I enjoy about the EPL is that a team like Swansea can, under a manager like Laudrup, play good football and take on the bigger clubs. A club like Everton can assemble a talented squad - and any of the 'big four' going to places like Goodison Park, White Hart Lane or St Mary's... The result is not as predictable as Celtic 99% of the time pumping opposition by 3 or more goals. I can only repeat my earlier view - my only interest in Scottish football is St Mirren, and how we are doing. There isn't one player in Scottish football I would pay to see. Dundee United sold Gauld after about five minutes in a tangerine shirt, St Johnstone sold Stevie May, Aberdeen sold a youngster who hadn't even scored a first team goal.

Doncaster and the cnuts running our game slavishly follow the EPL, from corporate kit typefaces to patches on sleeves, to the pre-match handshakes - then re-name the leagues in the same way.

Many teams in Scotland try to play better football than they did in previous years though. St Mirren being one such team. Accies were certainly better than Billy Reid shitfest sides. Scottish football has merit, but still, if it wasn't for an emotional pull towards the Buddies, I'd be elsewhere on a Saturday.

I think why SKY continually pump out that EPL is the best league in the world is due to the amount of competition at the top of the league. If you think closely they have Arsenal, Chelski, Manure, Shity, Are aye, Are aye calm down, calm down and the Spuds who are all great games that you would love to watch when playing against each other. On the other side of the pond you have Barca v Madrid, and Bayern v Dortmund. Other than those games would you really open your curtains or dive home to watch any other game in those leagues? Answer is probably not. Hence why it is the best league in the world.

How much was it to get in?

£40 was the cheapest adult ticket - kids £5.

I'm quite surprised at how much Burnley charged to be honest, there's plenty of cheaper options in the North of England. Sunderland for example have ticket prices this season starting at £25 per adult and £10 per child and Newcastle have been advertising tickets for their match against Crystal Palace as starting from £17 per adult and £5 per child. Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn used to be really good for cheap Premiership tickets and last season at various points both Manchester City and Manchester United were doing heavily discounted admission.

Liverpool v Man City tonight, oh yes...........................

Then again some of these "showcase" matches can turn out to be a bit of a let down, 2 good teams cancelling each other out.

An early goal usually sorts that out....................thumbup2.gif

Are you recording The Big Debate snore.gif ?

So far this weekend I've watched Falkirk v Rangers, Leeds v Middleborough, Manchester United v Swansea, WBA v Sunderland, a bit of the Hearts v Hibs match, Liverpool v Southampton and then around 60 minutes of the Newcastle v Man City match. There's no doubt at all in my mind the best games were all from the English Premiership.

So you're trying to make us believe that you sat through almost 12 hours of football over two days? lol.gif

Your bullshit doesn't even sound remotely plausible.

Is there nothing you won't lie about?