Ellis Plummer & Adam Drury Progress

I'm glad Plummer is settling in and playing well. Drury needs time to settle and grow with the experience but I've already said he's never really stuck out to me whenever I've watched him. I can't see him making it at the top level if I'm honest but I hope he proves me wrong

You know you can watch highlights of our games on the SPFL channel on youtube, right? Usually you have to wait till Sunday evening to watch the highlights unless you live outside the UK (like me...) in which case they are already available on Saturday evenings. You can see both of Drury's chances here (but you may have to wait till Sunday evening if watching it in the UK):

You know you can watch highlights of our games on the SPFL channel on youtube, right? Usually you have to wait till Sunday evening to watch the highlights unless you live outside the UK (like me...) in which case they are already available on Saturday evenings. You can see both of Drury's chances here (but you may have to wait till Sunday evening if watching it in the UK):

Cheers for that I'll start watching. Hopefully I can catch some full games if/when your on sky.

Drury did get around the Dundee left back a couple of times, and as said before he did fluff his lines when presented with 2 very decent chances. I did feel Drury got the benefit of a lot of great support especially from Jason Naismith playing behind him. Again Plummer had a good match, he looked furious to have lost the match; which I'm inclined to interpret as a good attitude, too.

Edited by Bloomsbury Bud

Drury looks like he could become an important player given a run of games, his touch was fantastic at times and he gets stuck in, he needs games.

Plummer is on a different level to the rest of our team, class.

I would give him a shot on free kicks if McLean isn't having much luck.

Time for a change with Kenny. He takes every corner and free kick but I cannot remember the last time we scored from a dead ball situation.

nothing to do with the delivery we've been missing good chances n created loads in the Motherwell and Dundee games

Ball had a header from a corner cleared off the line yesterday aswell

Edited by buddies1877

Time for a change with Kenny. He takes every corner and free kick but I cannot remember the last time we scored from a dead ball situation.

Mclean's delivery's from set play's have been excellent mate, it's the finishing that's letting the team down.

McLean spoon fed Drury yesterday and he should of burst the net.

I'm glad Plummer is settling in and playing well. Drury needs time to settle and grow with the experience but I've already said he's never really stuck out to me whenever I've watched him. I can't see him making it at the top level if I'm honest but I hope he proves me wrong

and some of our supporters.

Time for some variation to keep the opposition guessing. Marwood whipped in a cracking ball against Hamilton and looks as if he could be capable taking things right footed. Would also like to see Tess take long throw ins from the right side when we are within distance of the box with his long throws.

Plummer is a great wee player solid, in the tackle and appears to be absolutely strolling it up here. Drury I would send back now, we have a younger but very similar (maybe slightly better) player on our books who doesn't get a game for us and rightly so because he doesn't merit it. Most of our fans believe we should loan him out to get experience, I agree with that but I would play him ahead of Drury everyweek though, his name is Thomas Reilly.

Plummer is a great wee player solid, in the tackle and appears to be absolutely strolling it up here. Drury I would send back now, we have a younger but very similar (maybe slightly better) player on our books who doesn't get a game for us and rightly so because he doesn't merit it. Most of our fans believe we should loan him out to get experience, I agree with that but I would play him ahead of Drury everyweek though, his name is Thomas Reilly.

if I was Thomas I'd ask for a move watching drury come in and get 3 straight starts n showing nothing. From what I've seen I'd say Thomas was the more talented.

Would also like to see Kelly at lb put Plummer n tess at cb.

I'd also drop kello him n cheesy been very poor so far.

Plummer certainly has something about him which is very endearing. He's calm, composed, good in the air for such a short lad and is very comfortable qith the ball at his feet. An all round excellent prospect.

Drury, though, I've yet to see anything about him that makes me think he'll even make it at this level, never mind the level City are at. He's probably have been better off in League Two in England as that's more likely the level of football he'd be comfortable with at present. The SPFL looks a bit out of his depth. I'd be glad to be proven wrong, though.

Yeah, solid. Apart from the first goal where he went for a stupid header.

Drury...can't see him making it as a winger. I wonder what he would be like as a right back, can tackle and has a decent engine.

Yeah, solid. Apart from the first goal where he went for a stupid header.

Drury...can't see him making it as a winger. I wonder what he would be like as a right back, can tackle and has a decent engine.

In his debut game, he took his man on got to the bye line several times.

However, yesterday when he got the ball he seemed reluctant to push on and elected to pass the ball to another player.

Lack of confidence and/or lack of leadership both on and off the field of play could be affecting his game.

Neither the previously mentioned Reilly or Drury are anywhere near good enough for our division !

ETA

Drury couldn't wait to be subbed yesterday , I think even he was shocked when TC took off Isaac and not him !

Edited by billyg

• 2 weeks later...

Drury scored out first and only goal of the season today but besides that he was invisible. Too lightweight and easily pushed off the ball. Runs into trouble and doesn't anticipate moves. And we are rank rotten at the moment but I would not have him in the team.

Plummer continues to impress but won't learn much from his defensive partner. Maybe too small for centre-half but I reckon could do a good job further forward. Composed, doesn't give the ball away, a fighter, and uses his strength very well even against players with greater physique.

• 2 weeks later...