Ellis Plummer & Adam Drury Progress

Ellis Plummer out for 8 weeks.

Noooòoooooooo

Seriously?

Oh crap... what now...

Back to Cheesey and Goodwin as our central defence.

Only plus is that Osbourne provides some steel in front of them whereas last season we didn't have any dig whatsoever when Goodwin was at the back.

Tess? He is an asset going forward and has been putting in a supply of tasty crossed... but look at some of the goals we have lost this season due to players easily beating Tess in the air.

The season is going from bad to worse with arguably our two best players out for weeks. I'm a realist and been a Saints fan for over 45 years. We will be relegated this season we have the wrong guy managing the club. God help us this Saturday :(

You have hit the nail on the head there.

The season is going from bad to worse with arguably our two best players out for weeks. I'm a realist and been a Saints fan for over 45 years. We will be relegated this season we have the wrong guy managing the club. God help us this Saturday sad.png

Luckily, I've only been a Saints fan for 38 years, so IOBS has a few years on me! I would agree that we are very likely to be relegated this season. In my opinion, the club's management is inadequate. However, I would love to be proved wrong.

The only 90 minute clean sheet of the season came on Tuesday night, with McAusland and Goodwin at centre half.

I mentioned this to Div at end of 90 mins. Every cloud.... Osbourne looked great in midfield doing the Goodwin role so not the end of the world.

Ellis looks a tidy wee footballer but has been at fault for a few goals this season which is understandable as just a young guy finding his feet at this level playing in a team lacking in confidence. I do hope he makes a speedy recovery though as we are limited for numbers at the back and he is obviously a talented player.

I'd imagine we'd be trying a good few formations in training, if cheesy doesnt get back to form or is injured or suspended, or Goodwin suspended, maybe playing drury at RB and a Naismith/Kelly CH pairing

We need Cheesy fit and playing well. Dont fancy playing Sean or Jason at CB for any length of time as I feel they could get ragdolled and pulled out of position very easily by an experienced forward.

Plummer isn't really a centre half, gifted footballer yes, but not a centre half. He looks like a good player most of the time, then makes a basic mistake that costs us a goal. Even if he was fit, a Goodwin / McAusland partnership may be the way to go, in the absence of a more experienced centre half that we should have signed in the summer but didn't because we chose to sign Tess when Sean Kelly was already a perfectly decent left back.

Why are other teams looking at signing out of contract players but we are not? Thistle looking at signing McFadden and St Johnstone looking to sign a striker to replace McLean while he is out injured. We have Thommo and Plummer out for 2 or 3 months, as well as Teale out... that's most of our senior players (not counting Plummer as a senior player but we only have Kello, Goodwin, Teale and Thomson as senior pros).

Why are other teams looking at signing out of contract players but we are not? Thistle looking at signing McFadden and St Johnstone looking to sign a striker to replace McLean while he is out injured. We have Thommo and Plummer out for 2 or 3 months, as well as Teale out... that's most of our senior players (not counting Plummer as a senior player but we only have Kello, Goodwin, Teale and Thomson as senior pros).

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

• 3 weeks later...