Ellis Plummer & Adam Drury Progress

Both of these guys have not lived up to the initial hype. It is obvious Plummer doesn't want to play again and Drury puts little or no effort when selected.

How is it obvious he doesn't want to play, I know that not to be the case so would be interested to know why you think it is.

Ellis is a young lad, lots to learn but is really willing. He is highly rated at City, and whilst he might never make it with them he is giving it his all. The lad had the chance to stay closer to home but opted to come to us on a years loan deal. His family travel up to see him when he plays and we should all be giving him our support in my opinion, having a go at the lad with no supporting evidence is only going to have one effect on him and that won't be to our advantage. Granted we are all allowed to give our opinions, that's health but let's be fair and balanced, he's on our side.

Ellis is a young lad, lots to learn but is really willing. He is highly rated at City, and whilst he might never make it with them he is giving it his all. The lad had the chance to stay closer to home but opted to come to us on a years loan deal. His family travel up to see him when he plays and we should all be giving him our support in my opinion, having a go at the lad with no supporting evidence is only going to have one effect on him and that won't be to our advantage. Granted we are all allowed to give our opinions, that's health but let's be fair and balanced, he's on our side.

That's all very good and well but is he actually going to play again this season?

Not trying to duck the question but I can't answer that, that's down to the physio and the manager, but he does want to play.

Sounds a bit dodgy to me. Even a half fit Thompson managed to persuade the physio he was fit to play so I find that very hard to believe, something isn't quite adding up with this 1 with Plummer.

Sounds a bit dodgy to me. Even a half fit Thompson managed to persuade the physio he was fit to play so I find that very hard to believe, something isn't quite adding up with this 1 with Plummer.

The difference being Ellis is a City player and Tommo is ours.

Not trying to duck the question but I can't answer that, that's down to the physio and the manager, but he does want to play.

I've never known a thigh strain to last this long. At the end of the day the player should know his body, if he feels ready to play, like you say, then where is he?

I've never known a thigh strain to last this long. At the end of the day the player should know his body, if he feels ready to play, like you say, then where is he?

I was under the impression it was his knee that was the problem, and like I've already said he wants to play but is being held back. I've told you what I know, sorry I can't help any further, everyone can take their own view based on some facts, I just didn't think it was helpful to have a go at him without being a little informed.

My son recently had a thigh strain. He's a runner and it put him out for 3 months and even then it was a few weeks after that before he was totally recovered.

Oh was he. Didn't see him warming up at HT and assumed he wasn't named. The fact three other wingers and Sean kelly on the wing can get a came before him means I think he'll be following Plummer down the road.

True.

I think he was only there yesterday to make up the numbers. Fully expect us to terminate the loan before the end of the month.

Edited by Murray7