Ellis Plummer & Adam Drury Progress

Funny how whilst on loan to Oldham he barely played a game as we'll. a genuine wage theif who believes he should be at a higher level. No chance

I can't verify the following but I heard a while ago that the medical staff were totally perplexed by Plummer's injury - they just couldn't find any sign of an injury,

So what is the story with Plummer? Was he refusing to play / hamming up this injury? Is there any evidence of this?

A good player by all accounts, a shame this didn't work out.

I reckon this will be the end of any loan relationship with Man City then! Quite a disappointment it turned out to be.

So what is the story with Plummer? Was he refusing to play / hamming up this injury? Is there any evidence of this?

A good player by all accounts, a shame this didn't work out.

I reckon this will be the end of any loan relationship with Man City then! Quite a disappointment it turned out to be.

Nope.

Hope the people mentioning it have some sort of grounding for it!

I'd reckon so, given that we only struck a deal to get those two wasters as a third waster who will hopefully be leaving our squad has a father who is involved in City's youth setup.

I'd reckon so, given that we only struck a deal to get those two wasters as a third waster who will hopefully be leaving our squad has a father who is involved in City's youth setup.

I presumed that 3rd waster wasn't on the bench yesterday as he was heading back to Gateshead and wasn't going to get on yesterday anyway

Just goes to show what a gamble the loan system is. I know we have used it successfully before - before 2013, Scott Cuthbert and Charlie Adam spring to mind as good, successful examples.

Then, of course, the stars aligned in remarkable fashion as Dummett, Newtonnnnnnn and, of course, that big beautiful bastard Isma helped to give us all some wonderful memories, and a trophy.

But for each one of them - the ones who sense an opportunity, fit in well, and work hard to make the most of it - there are so many others that just don't work (in every sense of the word...) Just from the past 12 months, Campbell, Plummer, Drury, Magennis, have all been a waste of time and space.

We keep hearing that the loan system is essential for clubs like ours, and it's just the way of things now, and while the latter may be true, I really don't want to see us depending on loans again. Yes, use them to add gloss and depth to a squad, but they should never be integral.

Just goes to show what a gamble the loan system is. I know we have used it successfully before - before 2013, Scott Cuthbert and Charlie Adam spring to mind as good, successful examples.

Then, of course, the stars aligned in remarkable fashion as Dummett, Newtonnnnnnn and, of course, that big beautiful bastard Isma helped to give us all some wonderful memories, and a trophy.

But for each one of them - the ones who sense an opportunity, fit in well, and work hard to make the most of it - there are so many others that just don't work (in every sense of the word...) Just from the past 12 months, Campbell, Plummer, Drury, Magennis, have all been a waste of time and space.

We keep hearing that the loan system is essential for clubs like ours, and it's just the way of things now, and while the latter may be true, I really don't want to see us depending on loans again. Yes, use them to add gloss and depth to a squad, but they should never be integral.

Yeah, the loan system can be brilliant for a club for us. It can be a way of getting in that one or two class players that otherwise would be well outwith your budget and can really make a difference, but when you start using it to fill squad positions and bench spots it becomes pretty pointless. I think there also seems to be a tendency to believe that because players are coming from Man City they must be good, but folk like Plummer and Drury are never going to make it there. It's almost like they were sent to us as a favour to them to try and find their level, which they still haven't done.

Guys like Cuthbert, Adam, McGowan, Dummett and Newton are the kind of guys we need to aim for. Guys that are on the edge of a breakthrough and just need to prove it a bit more. Some of them then make it (Dummett, Adam) but they all give 100% in trying to. They are harder to get, but we've managed in the past.