Malky Mackay

ulysses

Turns out Tan was right to sack the moron afterall.

I bet all the media who gave the owner abuse over the sacking - a lot of it xenophobic and some of it clearly racist - feel pretty stupid now.

Dinosaurs like Mackay don't belong in football, I hope he never gets a club again.

I bet all the media who gave the owner abuse over the sacking - a lot of it xenophobic and some of it clearly racist - feel pretty stupid now.

Dinosaurs like Mackay don't belong in football, I hope he never gets a club again.

Aye, with the benefit of hindsight. If Tan had said it was his conduct, fair play, but it was performance, and overspending on a transfer etc. I doubt Cardiff fans would have supported Mackay if this had been known either.

Tan has got to the right call, by the wrong reasons. Doesn't make him any less of a numpty and I still had a good chuckle when they went down too.

He wasn't right to sack Mackay at all. Mackay would certainly have had a better go at keeping them up than Solksjaer managed. The people who criticized Tan have probably been feeling pretty smug for a number of months.

Fortunately for Tan, by a stroke of luck, his lawyers have now managed to dig some dirt on him which would have justified his sacking had it been known at the time, and which obviously led to the dropping of Mackay's employment tribunal claim.

I'm sure Mackay will put his head down for six months and will get a job for next season or in the first round of sackings next season. There are very few people in football who are holier than thou!

He wasn't right to sack Mackay at all. Mackay would certainly have had a better go at keeping them up than Solksjaer managed. The people who criticized Tan have probably been feeling pretty smug for a number of months.

Fortunately for Tan, by a stroke of luck, his lawyers have now managed to dig some dirt on him which would have justified his sacking had it been known at the time, and which obviously led to the dropping of Mackay's employment tribunal claim.

I'm sure Mackay will put his head down for six months and will get a job for next season or in the first round of sackings next season. There are very few people in football who are holier than thou!

Too true!

CMalky's an old mucker of mine from back in the day, so i sent him a text to cheer him up on missing out on the Palace job....

"Suarez, Terry, Mackay.... What you guys need is Charles Green to do your PR.... Hows whatsisname Johnson getting on these day?"

Mackay is a sickening sexist, anti-Semitic racist. Like Ron Atkinson, Andy Gray, Rodney Marsh and other ex players who have had their shameful true colours exposed, I expect and hope he will become a pariah.

If you want to stand up for him and defend him... Crack on. I never had you down as an apologist for that sort of thing, my mistake.

Edited by TopCat

Mackay is a sickening sexist, anti-Semitic racist. Like Ron Atkinson, Andy Gray, Rodney Marsh and other ex players who have had their shameful true colours exposed, I expect and hope he will become a pariah.

If you want to stand up for him and defend him... Crack on. I never had you down as an apologist for that sort of thing, my mistake.

You must know him pretty damn well to make that sort of statement? blink.png

Well, he's not denied it.

I'd agree that if what is alleged is true then he's been found out and what he has done is out of order and nobody should apologise on his behalf, it certainly wasn't what he was sacked for.

Now TC let's hear you deny that you have ever cracked a "sexist", "racist" or "xenophobic" remark............I'm not proud of the fact that I will have, at some point in my life, done one of the above but this whole "let's castigate someone from our ivory tower" position gets on my nerves just as much as the stupidity and ignorance of the original remarks.

"Let he who casts the first stone" springs very much to mind followed fairly closely by "holier than thou".

Ron Atkinson was igorant, stupid and thoughtless, but even his black players and former players rallied to say he is not a racist. Did you see the TV programme about him? He clearly had no clue as to the significance of the word he used- he thought it was OK as he had been in conversations where black players had used the word themselves. he ended up conceding that he had done something wrong, but was struggling still to understand it, he was mortified and upset. That really does not come in to the category of sickening.

Not your first over-reaction by any means.

the other two are a pair of muppets, though.

One last question, since the word pariah is one used to describe a socially isolated and poverty-stricken individual from the indian sub-continent, is your use of the word in this context (i.e to denigrate them) racist? Did you think it through before posting it?

I'd agree that if what is alleged is true then he's been found out and what he has done is out of order and nobody should apologise on his behalf, it certainly wasn't what he was sacked for.

Now TC let's hear you deny that you have ever cracked a "sexist", "racist" or "xenophobic" remark............I'm not proud of the fact that I will have, at some point in my life, done one of the above but this whole "let's castigate someone from our ivory tower" position gets on my nerves just as much as the stupidity and ignorance of the original remarks.

"Let he who casts the first stone" springs very much to mind followed fairly closely by "holier than thou".

How do you know what he was sacked for? Tan sacked him, he knew about his behaviour. Only he will know why he sacked him. He said at the time in an interview that he will be proved right in the long term, and he has been.

This kind of behaviour may have been acceptable in the 80's or whenever, it's not anymore.

If people condemning this behaviour gets on your nerves as much as the behaviour itself... Then that's your prerogative. I believe discrimination has no place in modern society, and people who partake in it - Mackay being one - should be outcast and ridiculed for the dinosaurs they are.

How do you know what he was sacked for? Tan sacked him, he knew about his behaviour. Only he will know why he sacked him. He said at the time in an interview that he will be proved right in the long term, and he has been.

This kind of behaviour may have been acceptable in the 80's or whenever, it's not anymore.

If people condemning this behaviour gets on your nerves as much as the behaviour itself... Then that's your prerogative. I believe discrimination has no place in modern society, and people who partake in it - Mackay being one - should be outcast and ridiculed for the dinosaurs they are.

What a load of sanctimonious guff............It happens to be that I do know what he was sacked for but that is irrelevant.

It's not even the condemnation, it's the way it's done from some high point of self importance. People do wrong, hopefully learn from it and move on to be stronger people without the requirement of "self-appointed superior beings" telling all and sundry how clever they are to be better than anyone who ever did wrong.

Now go on and deny you've ever cracked a "sexist", "racist" or "xenophobic" remark

What a load of sanctimonious guff............It happens to be that I do know what he was sacked for but that is irrelevant.

It's not even the condemnation, it's the way it's done from some high point of self importance. People do wrong, hopefully learn from it and move on to be stronger people without the requirement of "self-appointed superior beings" telling all and sundry how clever they are to be better than anyone who ever did wrong.

Now go on and deny you've ever cracked a "sexist", "racist" or "xenophobic" remark

How do you know what he was sacked for? Are you in Vincent Tans inner circle? Are you Vincent Tan?

I'm surprised at how many people seem to think this behaviour is ok in the workplace. Thankfully most people don't.

That's why Sky sacked Marsh, Keys and Gray and ITV sacked Atkinson. They are now in the wildnerness where dinousaurs like them and Mackay belong.

Saying it's not acceptable is not 'appointing myself as a superior being', what a bizarre thing to say. Why do you have a problem with people speaking out against discrimination? Would you rather it was hushed up? Why?

How do you know what he was sacked for? Are you in Vincent Tans inner circle? Are you Vincent Tan?

I'm surprised at how many people seem to think this behaviour is ok in the workplace. Thankfully most people don't.

That's why Sky sacked Marsh, Keys and Gray and ITV sacked Atkinson. They are now in the wildnerness where dinousaurs like them and Mackay belong.

Saying it's not acceptable is not 'appointing myself as a superior being', what a bizarre thing to say. Why do you have a problem with people speaking out against discrimination? Would you rather it was hushed up? Why?

Let's not get lost in the flim-flam TC but just to humour you I'm neither in Mr Tan's inner circle nor am I Vincent Tan, that doesn't mean that I don't know anyone pretty high up and/or influential in Cardiff City but again that isn't the point.

I haven't intimated, nor has anyone else that I've noticed, that this sort of behaviour is acceptable anywhere never mind just the workplace.

I have no problem with anyone speaking out against discrimination, my comments were based on the style of the condemnation, in fact it could be said that some of that condemnation is discriminatory in itself.

And let's try again............

Listen to football podcasts from when he was sacked. The amount of times the phrase 'foreign owner' was used in a disparaging way was pretty sickening.

Tan himself pointed out it was racist at the time, and it was.

What?

Is this, partly, what you're getting your knickers in a twist over...................................."foreign owner"...................blink.png

I agree with you that some things are not acceptable on modern society, but I also feel that the PC brigade go too far and can use fairly innocuous comments, like foreign owner, to be something they are not.

Let's not get lost in the flim-flam TC but just to humour you I'm neither in Mr Tan's inner circle nor am I Vincent Tan, that doesn't mean that I don't know anyone pretty high up and/or influential in Cardiff City but again that isn't the point.

I haven't intimated, nor has anyone else that I've noticed, that this sort of behaviour is acceptable anywhere never mind just the workplace.

I have no problem with anyone speaking out against discrimination, my comments were based on the style of the condemnation, in fact it could be said that some of that condemnation is discriminatory in itself.

And let's try again............

So if you're not in Vincent Tans inner circle you won't know why he was sacked then. Given the decision was made by him. Glad we've cleared that up.

Condemnation of discrimination is discriminatory? What nonsense. How is condemning people who discriminate discriminatory? I got to hear this.

What?

Is this, partly, what you're getting your knickers in a twist over...................................."foreign owner"...................blink.png

I agree with you that some things are not acceptable on modern society, but I also feel that the PC brigade go too far and can use fairly innocuous comments, like foreign owner, to be something they are not.

When the term 'foreign' is used as an insult yes it is racist.

The attitude was very much ' these foreign owners come over here and don't understand football '. Which is not only wrong, but racist.

When the term 'foreign' is used as an insult yes it is racist.

The attitude was very much ' these foreign owners come over here and don't understand football '. Which is not only wrong, but racist.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

I suggest you and Oakey go for a drink together, what a wow night that would be.

So you're reading into a comment that, it had attitude? blink.png

I've just repeated the same words, sounded ok to me...........................oh, oh....................am I in trouble?

Seriously.....................I despair! sad.png

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

I suggest you and Oakey go for a drink together, what a wow night that would be.

So you're reading into a comment that, it had attitude? blink.png

I've just repeated the same words, sounded ok to me...........................oh, oh....................am I in trouble?

Seriously.....................I despair! sad.png

You clearly don't live in the modern world. If you think using the term 'foreign' as an insult is acceptable then you need to get out more.

Vincent Tan condemned it as racist himself at the time, do you think he was wrong?

You clearly don't live in the modern world. If you think using the term 'foreign' as an insult is acceptable then you need to get out more.

Vincent Tan condemned it as racist himself at the time, do you think he was wrong?

I don't live in the modern world? How do you come to that conclusion? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Because I think you're a tad PC & disagree with your attempts to make this into some sort of disgraceful term?

YOU said using the word foreign was an insult? That's your interpretation, and, can be said as an innocuous word, can't it?

You're making it up, turning this particular term into something it CLEARLY isn't.

I don't know My Tam, but he could be wrong, couldn't he, to make a case to get rid of an employee?