Malky Mackay

ulysses

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

I suggest you and Oakey go for a drink together, what a wow night that would be.

So you're reading into a comment that, it had attitude? blink.png

I've just repeated the same words, sounded ok to me...........................oh, oh....................am I in trouble?

Seriously.....................I despair! sad.png

I suggest we go for a drink togetherwink.png

You think a mildly sexist joke between friends is the same as racism and anti semitism in work place communication?

How do you think we should deal with bigots like Mackay? Sweep it under the carpet?

His a bit big to go under a carpet.

Wait that one on them euphamism thingys aint it

The man appears to be a Grade A wanker. I notice at least one his former players has come out and listed a whole load of racist abuse he got at training.

Thankfully I don't think we will need to worry about seeing this piece of shit again anywhere in British football.

From BBC News:

The LMA says the club searched more than 10,000 private text messages and found two from Mackay that were "with the benefit of hindsight, very regrettable and disrespectful of other cultures".

"These were two text messages sent in private at a time Malky felt under great pressure and when he was letting off steam to a friend during some friendly text message banter," added the statement.

"The LMA does not condone in any way any potential breach of equal opportunities laws but would also point out that out of over 10,000 text messages and 70,000 documents produced over a long period of time it may not be a complete surprise that some inappropriate comments can sometimes be made by employees, like Malky, working under great pressure in highly charged situations."

10,000 PRIVATE text messages searched by the club!

Personally, I find that just as disturbing as the allegations!!!

From BBC News:

The LMA says the club searched more than 10,000 private text messages and found two from Mackay that were "with the benefit of hindsight, very regrettable and disrespectful of other cultures".

"These were two text messages sent in private at a time Malky felt under great pressure and when he was letting off steam to a friend during some friendly text message banter," added the statement.

"The LMA does not condone in any way any potential breach of equal opportunities laws but would also point out that out of over 10,000 text messages and 70,000 documents produced over a long period of time it may not be a complete surprise that some inappropriate comments can sometimes be made by employees, like Malky, working under great pressure in highly charged situations."

10,000 PRIVATE text messages searched by the club!

Personally, I find that just as disturbing as the allegations!!!

Hope they don't search yours.............whistling.gif

If this is true, seems this is being blown out of all proportion, and that's only from TC. tongue.png

If this is true, seems this is being blown out of all proportion, and that's only from TC. tongue.png

I've kept aw your texts, just in case ............lol.gif

You think a mildly sexist joke between friends is the same as racism and anti semitism in work place communication?

How do you think we should deal with bigots like Mackay? Sweep it under the carpet?

I have said all through this thread that if he's guilty he should be dealt with accordingly by the relevant people, I just don't feel the need to apply labels to people and to claim that I am better than them, I don't see myself as better than anybody else. I have done plenty wrong in my life and don't feel superior enough to judge other people from a position of "holier than thou".

I do remember a term "90 minute bigot" that applied to the old firm supporters who claimed they only sang sectarian and terrorist songs at the football, I see a certain symmetry in your "it's just banter between friends argument" versus comments made in the workplace. If a comment is wrong (and this is using your standards for what remarks are wrong) then it's wrong no matter the company.

Good news for Mr MacKay is that the texts appear to be private and by your very own high standards that's OK.

You gotta laugh innit!

Even Adolf McKay's aplogists are now having to apologise for making a James Hunt of an Apology!

Shame he hasn't got the metal to face the media himself and apologise, but hey they might not be all white faces in the media pack too?

I heard even your female family members are uneasy around you, time for help maybe? bye1.gif

Guest TPAFKATS

Lawyers get a search warrant for ex employees home was a bigger surprise to me than a football manager being selfish, racist or homophobic in texts.

The leaking of these texts (which seem unrelated to the warrant?) to the press is of no surprise.

Edit - sexist, not selfish. Feckin' smartphone auto correct

Edited by TPAFKATS