Osbourne Signs

Decent signing if, as has been stated earlier, he is free from any injury woes.

I'd be tempted to move him in to the holding role and drop Goodwin back to the centre of a back three. I just don't think we can play 4-4-2 with the personnel we've got and playing Goodwin in the centre of a back three will allow him the time to read the game, giving him a little more time to make decisions away from the battleground of the middle of the park.

It worked for Tommy Turner, maybe it could for Goodwin. If we got similar success it would be seen as a master stroke by Tommy Craig.

Everyone keeps saying we need a central defender. We have the same number as last season.

Can I ask all the we need a central defender brigade a simple question. How many goals have we scored this season?

We have Goodwin, Plummer, Naismith, Cheesy and Tesselar all can play in the Centre of defence. We need to score goals, TC is trying his level best to address this.

Everyone keeps saying we need a central defender. We have the same number as last season.

Can I ask all the we need a central defender brigade a simple question. How many goals have we scored this season?

We have Goodwin, Plummer, Naismith, Cheesy and Tesselar all can play in the Centre of defence. We need to score goals, TC is trying his level best to address this.

I don't think it's the numbers that people are concerned about mate. IMO we could be doing with a big, no nonsense, agressive centre half that cleans people out in the process of clearing his lines effectively.

I'm not looking for Beckenbauer, just someone who will dominate his fair share of forwards and make less mistakes than what we've had at the position in the last few years.

I'm happy with Goodwin and Plummer but McAusland just doesn't do enough for me and I'm not sure Naismith has played centre half since we sent him on loan to Morton. Tesselar is a good solid left back, not a centre back, in my opinion although he could play left side of a back three.

Decent signing if, as has been stated earlier, he is free from any injury woes.

I'd be tempted to move him in to the holding role and drop Goodwin back to the centre of a back three. I just don't think we can play 4-4-2 with the personnel we've got and playing Goodwin in the centre of a back three will allow him the time to read the game, giving him a little more time to make decisions away from the battleground of the middle of the park.

It worked for Tommy Turner, maybe it could for Goodwin. If we got similar success it would be seen as a master stroke by Tommy Craig.

Sorry bud can you explain why pro footballers can't play 4 4 2?

Cheers

I don't think it's the numbers that people are concerned about mate. IMO we could be doing with a big, no nonsense, agressive centre half that cleans people out in the process of clearing his lines effectively.I'm not looking for Beckenbauer, just someone who will dominate his fair share of forwards and make less mistakes than what we've had at the position in the last few years.I'm happy with Goodwin and Plummer but McAusland just doesn't do enough for me and I'm not sure Naismith has played centre half since we sent him on loan to Morton. Tesselar is a good solid left back, not a centre back, in my opinion although he could play left side of a back three.

And I'm sure every Scottish Premiership manager is trying to find that no nonsense centre half. However where do you find such a person better than what we have on our budget?

Are you not the man who has constantly reminded us how we won the Scottish Cup in 1987 without a natural left back?

But .......................... We are talking about right back so that means ...............................

Decent signing - OK the guy's had his share of injury problems, I guess we've just gotta hope we can get more out of him than we did from Granny Danger or EDD. Assuming that's all the business we're gonna do this window I think TC has done pretty well, fingers crossed he can turn it into success on the park.

Let's start the good times rollin' again on Saturday.

PS - Like others have mentioned it'll give us the option of moving JG to CH which I fell he (JG) is keen to try.

Goodwin either plays defensive midfield or not at all imo. Plummer has done nothing wrong so why drop / move him ?

Cheesey seems to play regardless of how he performs however Goodwin is not a better central defender than Cheesey. There is no real pressure at CB - no real competition as he is the only CB by trade we have. We definitely need another natural time served CB. Of all the signings Tess was the odd one. Don't get me wrong he is a decent solid LB but we were well covered there and Kelly has been v unlucky imo. We should have signed a natural CB instead ot Tess. Who knows perhaps we might still but there can't be much left in the kitty now.

I don't think we need another CH at all. We have plenty of cover there, some experienced some not.

Suspect we will start 3 from Goodwin, McGinn, McLean and Osbourne in the centre of midfield. Can't see us starting all 4 unless Goody or Isaac play at the back.

Any 3 of those 4 is a quality central midfield trio at this level IMO.

I don't think we need another CH at all. We have plenty of cover there, some experienced some not.

Suspect we will start 3 from Goodwin, McGinn, McLean and Osbourne in the centre of midfield. Can't see us starting all 4 unless Goody or Isaac play at the back.

Spot on.

Bollocks

We need an experienced centre half full stop

Bollocks

We need an experienced centre half full stop

We have 2 experienced centre halfs. We also have a good few not so experienced ones who look good enough.

If we have one more signing I'd like it to be a left sided forward player, some competition for Gregg Wylde. Adam Armstrong would do!

Hmmm, no chance of Goodwin getting red carded, playing as the last man, no?