Osbourne Signs

After sitting through the Hamilton game, it was glaringly obvious that we needed another defensive midfielder. Osbourne more than fits the bill and brings solid experience to add to the spine of our otherwise young team.

He has been training with e squad for at least a week or so, and will have had a medical, so no point in fretting about his injury history for now.

Good signing.

Another holding midfielder had been a priority, in my opinion. If the performance against Hamilton showed us anything it showed us how important it is to have someone sitting in there when Goodwin is out. McLean and McGinn look lost otherwise. .

Important signing.

one centre half at the club and you think we need another midfielder.

Sorry bud can you explain why pro footballers can't play 4 4 2?

Cheers

because in the last few seasons, most clubs have adopted a 4231 or 4132 formation or some variation thereof... and a rigid 442 leaves you too exposed and over-run as you are easily pulled around.

I think this gives us great options. Osbourne can play as the lone holding mid... or partner with Goodwin which would help the Coach enormously and allow both full backs to attack at will whilst giving our young attacking midfielders a free licence to roam!

Squad is actually starting to look as if we have options available... just wish it had been the case three weeks before the season had started.

because in the last few seasons, most clubs have adopted a 4231 or 4132 formation or some variation thereof... and a rigid 442 leaves you too exposed and over-run as you are easily pulled around.

I think this gives us great options. Osbourne can play as the lone holding mid... or partner with Goodwin which would help the Coach enormously and allow both full backs to attack at will whilst giving our young attacking midfielders a free licence to roam!

Squad is actually starting to look as if we have options available... just wish it had been the case three weeks before the season had started.

Id love to see Ozzy, McGinn & McLean up against Osman, Fraser & Bannigan.

There is no doubt that Osbourne is a quality player

but his injury record is awful

the defensive midfield situation should have been sorted much earlier and this smacks of being a desperate signing of a player no one else will touch

hopefully we get a decent season out of him

FFS do you have anything positive to say about St Mirren these days ?

There is no doubt that Osbourne is a quality player

but his injury record is awful

the defensive midfield situation should have been sorted much earlier and this smacks of being a desperate signing of a player no one else will touch

hopefully we get a decent season out of him

Darren Mcgregor's injury record is terrible, as is Tommos.

Means nothing

Sidney Divine has a few terrible records an aw

I'm fairly upbeat about this signing, although I can't help wondering why Thistle binned him. Was it just his injury record ? If it was for that reason, is the boy a crock ?

Thistle only signed him on a 1 year deal & I think Archibald was pretty keen to sign him again - although he was waiting for him to prove he was fit again first.

I think we've taken a bit of a chance on the guy, here's hoping it works out.

Edited by JM1

It'll take frigging ages to get this guy fit. Looks a bit old, he drinks and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he even took drugs. Still. TC knows best.

It'll take frigging ages to get this guy fit. Looks a bit old, he drinks and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he even took drugs. Still. TC knows best.

What a stupid thing to say with absolutely no evidence, These player are regularly tested for drugs, Hope your lucky he's not reading this or a slander charge could heading your way.

What a stupid thing to say with absolutely no evidence, These player are regularly tested for drugs, Hope your lucky he's not reading this or a slander charge could heading your way.

laugh.png Not sure who the bigger bamstick is on this one. Can we start a poll?